2012 Honda CR-V

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Honda CR-V 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Driving Reliable Car

by W AKL from plano,TX | September 23, 2014

- Drive the vehicle before reviewing it. - Many features/options available. check your needs and confirm it is exist. It worth the money you will pay.

Not made for short drivers & not as good as before

by Former CRV Fan from College Station, TX | September 10, 2014

I bought a 2012 CRV when it was new because I really liked the ones that I had before, but I can't wait to get rid of this one. I have been driving it for 2 miserable years. I don't know when the designs changed, but I wish I could have the seat back from my old 2005 model CRV. What I hate about this car is the driver's seat. I am short (5' 2"), and I like to have good posture when I sit. With the bucket seat in this model I can not sit up straight. Also, there is no comfortable position with the head rest. It is designed for a reclined position, and it just shoves my head forward into my chest. I have put a special office chair lumbar support on my seat to avoid the issues. It allows me to sit up straight and not have issues with the head rest. Also, with the seat almost all the way forward and raised; the seat belt latch digs into my thigh. It is not flexible, so I can't push it away. It is still relatively reliable vehicle; although the battery had to be replaced before it was two years old. And no warning either on the battery going bad. No slow starts; just one day I went to start it and it was dead. Also, there was a problem with my brakes. I only had it a year before my brake rotors warped and had to be turned. The mechanic said that I must be a hard braker, but that is not the case. I am the type of driver that likes to coast to slow down and then ease on the brakes before stopping. I do like the gas mileage I get with this CRV, but I miss the ground clearance that I used to have in my old one.

Great Buy

by Bud from Pinehurst, NC | September 8, 2014

I've had this car for about a month and the learning curve continues. The car is stylish and very comfortable. The MPG I've gotten so far in about 1000 miles is just over 26 MPG. I'm still getting used to the navigation as compared to my Garmin that I've used for years. There are pluses and minuses but it has gotten me to where I've needed to go. I appreciate the pending turn list but miss my speed against the posted speed limit feature. The car is roomy and potentially will hold close to what my Odyssey will as long as the seats are folded down. I have yet to add a phone to use the blue tooth feature and haven't tried any of the voice activated features. The information displayed is outstanding. I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a small SUV.

Total Mom car with no personality but reliablity!

by AmyJ808 from Seattle, Washington | September 6, 2014

I'm really over driving Hondas. They are VERY reliable, however, I noticed since I've been leasing Hondas, I've lacked going on adventures. The cars are very marshmallowee and corner on a 10 acre cloud. I'm not impressed with Honda's lack of personality to their vehicles. Love the reliability of Honda..but aren't all cars supposed to start up when you "start them"? The cars are reliable but UBER BORING. They aren't fun to drive but they are not painful. It's a pleasant experience for any mom or grandma. I'm going to give my CRV to my Mom as a mother's day gift (late, yes..I know) and she can ditch her terrible Subaru she can't stand. If you have owned a real SUV..the CRV will feel like a Barbie car.

electrical problems

by hungrymother from Virginia | August 14, 2014

I've had electrical problems from day 1. After many complaints, the dealer finally changed the computer. This was only after the electrical system went down twice while my wife was out of town. Again it would not start while in my garage and had to be towed in to the dealer. This has happened four or five more times. I have to jump to start and it may be ok for several weeks; then it happens again. I should have bought another CAMRY.

Can't believe how UNCOMFORTABLE seats are....but I

by Cars--review 12crv from Ashland KY area | July 17, 2014

Overall, I am satisfied with my 2012 CRV. But I just can't believe how uncomfortable my seat is--driving any more than a short 15 minute trip is a bit of a dread. I have the ex-l model and like all the technology with this car. I went from a 7-passenger Acadia to this and I personally like the ease of the drive. I did however have buyers remorse after driving it home off the lot on a 1+ hour trip home. Still am just bummed about my new cars uncomfortable seat.

I LOVE my Honda

by Dorothy from Charlotte, NC | May 9, 2014

I got my 2012 Honda CR-V from Hendrick Honda on South Blvd, and I love it! I got a great deal on it, and it's exactly what I wanted. The safety ratings are excellent, so I feel safe knowing that when we add a car seat, all the cargo is protected :).

alternator

by bad luck guy from Oakland, CA | April 21, 2014

I have 2 Honda cars which have been running great that encouraged me to stay with the brand. I bought another CRV in July 2012. I've used this car most on the freeway as well as driving to and from LA several times. Unfortunately, in these few days, the CRV couldn't start. I thought the battery had died out, which I believe the battery shouldn't last for less than 2 years. I turned the car to my mechanic for checking. It was diagnosed that the alternator is bad. The new alternator would cost me more than $600 from the dealer. I am so upset that this has happened to me. I wonder if there's any other CRV owners who have come across with this problem or can offer any advice?

1st time CRV owner

by Pathman from Vermont | March 16, 2014

I have been driving Hondas since 1992 (92 Accord, 96 Civic, 02 Odyssey and 09 Fit Sport) My 2012 CRV LX is my first dive into the CRV pool. And a pleasant swim it has been! I have 28k miles on it and have had zero problems. It has been a great snow car (full disclosure, I live in Vermont so I do run 4 snow tires each winter) never any question of getting where I want to go even in 6 inches of Vermont slushnsnow!!!!! I will add that running snowtires is a mileage killer. In the summer on all seasons I average 26 to 27 MPG. In the winter I have a hard time breaking 24 in all around driving. The car is very comfortable for long trips. I make a 750 mile trip to Prince Edward Island in Canada 2 or 3 times a year to visit my son and I have no problem doing a 14 hour stint behind the wheel to make it in one day. My old Fit as much as I loved it for "normal" driving was a life sucker for these 14 hour PEI runs! My CRV very happily runs along at 75 to 80 mph all day long on I-95 and Trans Can hiway. It is not a tire chirper from stoplights, but for a four banger it does ok, and I find the power adequate for my driving. Likewise the interior is functional and well thought out if not very flashy. A lot of plastic, but it is nice plastic at least! The sound system will not cause you to bleed from any orfices and is the one area that I find pretty weak in the vehicle. Body architecture appeals to me, I like the lines it has but admittedly styling is soooo subjective, I have heard others say it looks like a fancy sneaker!!!! Bottom line is it is a car that meets or exceeds most of my expectations. I will be keeping it a long time and most likely will get another one when the time comes........

After 2 years of ownership or 24000 miles...

by Oklahoman from Madill, OK | January 28, 2014

I want to comment on my CRV EXL before I trade it in tomorrow for a BMW X1, which is somewhat smaller but more fun. 1. The CRV certainly is comfortable. Long distances on the nice front seats were a joy. Suspension is great. 2. it was always very reliable. No issues whatsoever. 3. it also was remarkably fuel efficient. At normal temperatures (70 deg F) I was able to achieve almost 40 mpg (!) on freeways (65 mph) and major roads in the Dallas area. On average I probably got 27-28 mpg over the 2 years. 4. Exterior styling around the front and seen from the side is quite nice, whereas the back is boring and looks like an old lady. 5. Interior styling is ok, but many materials are cheap hard plastic even in the EXL model. 6. Performance is absolutely sufficient but not more than that. It's not a drivers' car. However, I still don't see why people would want a 6 cylinder engine in this car; racing is not in its genes. I could imagine a nice 4 cylinder 2.0T engine in the next generation CRV, which would further bump up fuel efficiency. 7. Value for the money is great if compared to CRV prices elsewhere (e.g. Europe). In the US market the value is still ok, although I think a Honda Accord Sport, some vehicles of other manufacturers or my new pick offer even more for the buck. Resale value of the CRV is a pleasure, especially knowing how little I had to pay for the EXL model at the beginning of 2012 just after Honda had experienced a few less successful years. In summa, I think the CRV is a great pick for families and people who need to haul stuff but don't need a thrill ride. Well done Honda! I'm looking forward to something new and more exciting now.