2012 Honda CR-V

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Honda CR-V 4dr AWD shown

Overall

electrical problems

by hungrymother from Virginia | August 14, 2014

I've had electrical problems from day 1. After many complaints, the dealer finally changed the computer. This was only after the electrical system went down twice while my wife was out of town. Again it would not start while in my garage and had to be towed in to the dealer. This has happened four or five more times. I have to jump to start and it may be ok for several weeks; then it happens again. I should have bought another CAMRY.

Can't believe how UNCOMFORTABLE seats are....but I

by Cars--review 12crv from Ashland KY area | July 17, 2014

Overall, I am satisfied with my 2012 CRV. But I just can't believe how uncomfortable my seat is--driving any more than a short 15 minute trip is a bit of a dread. I have the ex-l model and like all the technology with this car. I went from a 7-passenger Acadia to this and I personally like the ease of the drive. I did however have buyers remorse after driving it home off the lot on a 1+ hour trip home. Still am just bummed about my new cars uncomfortable seat.

I LOVE my Honda

by Dorothy from Charlotte, NC | May 9, 2014

I got my 2012 Honda CR-V from Hendrick Honda on South Blvd, and I love it! I got a great deal on it, and it's exactly what I wanted. The safety ratings are excellent, so I feel safe knowing that when we add a car seat, all the cargo is protected :).

alternator

by bad luck guy from Oakland, CA | April 21, 2014

I have 2 Honda cars which have been running great that encouraged me to stay with the brand. I bought another CRV in July 2012. I've used this car most on the freeway as well as driving to and from LA several times. Unfortunately, in these few days, the CRV couldn't start. I thought the battery had died out, which I believe the battery shouldn't last for less than 2 years. I turned the car to my mechanic for checking. It was diagnosed that the alternator is bad. The new alternator would cost me more than $600 from the dealer. I am so upset that this has happened to me. I wonder if there's any other CRV owners who have come across with this problem or can offer any advice?

1st time CRV owner

by Pathman from Vermont | March 16, 2014

I have been driving Hondas since 1992 (92 Accord, 96 Civic, 02 Odyssey and 09 Fit Sport) My 2012 CRV LX is my first dive into the CRV pool. And a pleasant swim it has been! I have 28k miles on it and have had zero problems. It has been a great snow car (full disclosure, I live in Vermont so I do run 4 snow tires each winter) never any question of getting where I want to go even in 6 inches of Vermont slushnsnow!!!!! I will add that running snowtires is a mileage killer. In the summer on all seasons I average 26 to 27 MPG. In the winter I have a hard time breaking 24 in all around driving. The car is very comfortable for long trips. I make a 750 mile trip to Prince Edward Island in Canada 2 or 3 times a year to visit my son and I have no problem doing a 14 hour stint behind the wheel to make it in one day. My old Fit as much as I loved it for "normal" driving was a life sucker for these 14 hour PEI runs! My CRV very happily runs along at 75 to 80 mph all day long on I-95 and Trans Can hiway. It is not a tire chirper from stoplights, but for a four banger it does ok, and I find the power adequate for my driving. Likewise the interior is functional and well thought out if not very flashy. A lot of plastic, but it is nice plastic at least! The sound system will not cause you to bleed from any orfices and is the one area that I find pretty weak in the vehicle. Body architecture appeals to me, I like the lines it has but admittedly styling is soooo subjective, I have heard others say it looks like a fancy sneaker!!!! Bottom line is it is a car that meets or exceeds most of my expectations. I will be keeping it a long time and most likely will get another one when the time comes........

After 2 years of ownership or 24000 miles...

by Oklahoman from Madill, OK | January 28, 2014

I want to comment on my CRV EXL before I trade it in tomorrow for a BMW X1, which is somewhat smaller but more fun. 1. The CRV certainly is comfortable. Long distances on the nice front seats were a joy. Suspension is great. 2. it was always very reliable. No issues whatsoever. 3. it also was remarkably fuel efficient. At normal temperatures (70 deg F) I was able to achieve almost 40 mpg (!) on freeways (65 mph) and major roads in the Dallas area. On average I probably got 27-28 mpg over the 2 years. 4. Exterior styling around the front and seen from the side is quite nice, whereas the back is boring and looks like an old lady. 5. Interior styling is ok, but many materials are cheap hard plastic even in the EXL model. 6. Performance is absolutely sufficient but not more than that. It's not a drivers' car. However, I still don't see why people would want a 6 cylinder engine in this car; racing is not in its genes. I could imagine a nice 4 cylinder 2.0T engine in the next generation CRV, which would further bump up fuel efficiency. 7. Value for the money is great if compared to CRV prices elsewhere (e.g. Europe). In the US market the value is still ok, although I think a Honda Accord Sport, some vehicles of other manufacturers or my new pick offer even more for the buck. Resale value of the CRV is a pleasure, especially knowing how little I had to pay for the EXL model at the beginning of 2012 just after Honda had experienced a few less successful years. In summa, I think the CRV is a great pick for families and people who need to haul stuff but don't need a thrill ride. Well done Honda! I'm looking forward to something new and more exciting now.

avoid the snow

by zburger from Sterling Heights, MI | January 18, 2014

Have a AWD CRV, purchased new. This thing is terrible in snowy conditions. Slides like a RWD Mustang. I-Pod Nano faults out, have a persistent creak in the windshield area, will not purchase another one

Better looking - Less EXtra - More expensive

by Don0xff from Mass | January 2, 2014

Got wife 2012 CR-V. Figured it's good value: functionality, reliability at reasonable cost. Have had two Honda Accord EXs and pleased with what you get for the money. Bought the EX-L since she wanted leather with heated seats. It's a decent vehicle, but, come-on, this could be a LX-L or DX-L, whatever their base model is. The audio system is a joke. What I'd expect in a base Nissan Sentra or something. What is with the headlights? It's as if something is blocking part of them, and it gets more noticeable with the high-beams on. The information screen is also a joke - did you go out of your way to limit it's functionality? You can't upgrade this to a 6 speed tranny? The shifting gets aggravating at times and you want to punch the gas pedal to get it to move. The interior is very basic. I'm very disappointed in this model Honda EX. Take away the -L for heated leather seats and I don't know what is so extra about it. Having said all that... it does have good room inside for its size, although why not make it a little bigger? My Accord is longer than the CRV. It seems Honda is taking its CRv customers for granted. I'd take a closer look at their competition, e.g. new RAV4 since they changed the spare tire stuck to the back door. Becoming less of a Honda fan...

Awd CRV LX Love

by Obie327 from Chicago , Il | November 2, 2013

I got this car/truck August 2012, With over 10,000 miles on it now and still running great. Performance of engine is better than when it was new. I've got the stock LX version with a couple of dealer add on"s. Got the sound deadening package, rear rubber floor protector and fender flaps and guards. Tinted all the windows which helps with the ac in summer . I went on a road trip from Chicago to South Carolina back in January of 2013 in the worst possible storm in the mountains. (They Gave it a name!?) The Vehicle makes me feel safe even in a snow storm. Gas mileage is pretty good for what you get here. Ride is comfy and secure. No rattles just a smartly packaged all around hauler of a CUV.

I WALKED AWAY FROM A HEAD ON COLLISION

by HONDA MY FIRST from BIG ISLAND HAWAII | August 27, 2013

TODAY IS 8/27/13 AND 3 DAYS AGO I WAS DRIVING MY 2011 CRV WHEN I WAS HIT HEAD ON BY AN ON-COMING VEHICLE THAT I BELIEVE DRIFTED INTO MY TURN LANE. ONE ESTIMATE WAS THAT HE MAY HAVE BEEN GOING 50 MPH. I WAS STOPPED. I WALKED AWAY FROM THE CRASH SCENE WITH ONLY BRUISING FROM THE AIR-BAG. I BELIEVE MY VEHICLE WILL BE TOTALED. I WILL BE SHOPPING FOR A REPLACEMENT CRV WHEN THE INSURANCE CHECK COMES IN.