2013 Honda CR-V

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Practical

by Car Lover from Minneapolis, MN | April 12, 2014

Previously, I owned a 1999 AWD Honda CRV. It was a decent car, but had just 140 something horsepower and averaged about 22-23 mpg. It always felt slow to me, and the AWD was barely better than 2WD because I had to actually be slipping before anything happened. This 2014 CRV is a totally different and better car. It has 185 horsepower, which makes a world of difference in being able to get up to speed and pass on the highway. Despite this, I'm getting around 27-28 mpg in mixed driving, which is about 5 more miles for every gallon. And this new AWD actually works. In a recent snowstorm, all four wheels engaged before I could feel any slipping! Other things I like are the bluetooth radio, which works perfectly with my iPhone. It's so much quieter than the 2004 Acura RSX I was driving, although if you're moving from a new, more luxury-oriented car, then it would probably be noisier. It's also very roomy inside. I can throw my mountain bike in the back without taking off any wheels, yet I can also fit in a compact parking space.

amazing!

by hcrv lover from New York Queens | March 9, 2014

We have a 2013 Honda Crv EX. We really like the plush comfy seats. The ride is very smooth though on bumps your head will come off. In the city I can only get 22 mpg.(We have AWD) If your drive at 65 or over on long trips on the highway you can only get 30 mpg. If you drive 50 on the highway you can get 31-33, though we once got 34 mpg. AWD is useless, ugly exterior and a bit dull ride. If you gaze at the interior for a long time it will look good. The most useful feature is the standard backup camera. Bluetooth,pandora and a cargo space that is insanely great, are standard. If you go for EX and up, you will get a sunroof. It also save our lives. We were going down the highway when all of a sudden a BMW smashed into another car. If our car did not have ESC and ABS I would not be talking to right now. Finally the cars back right and left side headrestrains are fixed.

Disappointed Honda Devotee

by JR8R from Up north, Wisconsin | February 27, 2014

I have owned Hondas continuously since 1988 - 7 in all. This is my third CR-V. My family and I really like this version of the CR-V....but, we have lost faith in Honda over an engine issue. Beware your maintenance minder that says you don't need an oil change until 15% oil life. I do a lot of highway driving, and did not require an oil change until about 8,000 miles in. After the oil change and once the weather got below freezing, a strange knocking sound began on start up. My car was in the shop three times before they determined that the camshaft actuator is faulty (a problem on Accords as well). They replaced it once, the replacement was faulty, so they replaced it again. Engine is now loud and I'm getting a lot of vibration. The noise is gone (for now), but the dealership stated that if I have further problems they will have to replace the top of the engine. Also - had to rent a car at my own expense while my car was in the shop. Third time in they comped the rental car as car has to be at shop for two days for this repair. After doing some research, it seems that more frequent oil changes could prevent this issue in the first place. Honda knows there is an issue, but they've failed to correct it in the manufacturing process. There's a lot to like about this car, but I've lost faith and wonder how much damage was done to the engine while the dealer farted around for months on this.

Rear latch freezes shut - can't be opened

by Jodyj from Boulder, CO | February 16, 2014

I would rate this car much higher if it weren't for two major issues, that might seem small at first but factor hugely into usability. The rear door latch freezes shut and won't open below 20 degree temps, and the windshield wiper fluid freezes. I live in Colorado and this is unacceptable. I've had it in to the dealer and they swapped out the rear latch. It still freezes shut. They said they are waiting to see if Honda is going to do anything. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue. They also drained and refilled the windshield wiper fluid, but it still freezes too. I'm hoping there's just some water left in it

hope it's as good as my first crv

by cupcake from wallingford, ct | February 14, 2014

I traded my 2008 CRV in for this 2013 as I was completely satisfied with my old car. I had no reservations and never shopped for another make before making my decision. My 2013 is less than 6 months old and already the battery died for absolutely no reason. I then did some research and am now worried because I see many complaints regarding the same problem. Exchanging the battery would hardly correct a design defect and, although I'm hopeful, I am disappointed and worried this problem is nowhere near resolved. Therefore, I cannot be as enthusiastic toward the Honda product until I am reassured it is worthy.

Rear differential noise

by Butch from Fort Wayne Indiana | January 13, 2014

With 2000 miles on our 2013 Honda CR-V the rear differential actuator became noisy. With 3907 miles they decided to change the actuator and the noise disappeared for a short time, Then the replacement actuator went bad. I now have 7800 miles and there engineering department tells me they don't know how to fix the problem. They also say not to worry, yet they do not know what's wrong or how to fix the problem.

Great little car!

by Hot the Road from Morristown, TN | January 11, 2014

This is my first Honda after being loyal to Toyota. it is also a few steps down in size after driving the classic mini van. The CRV is easy to drive,easy to operate the dashboard, and handles well on the road. I do think the carpeting inside is very cheap and the front seats uncomfortable. The side rear window are designed so that visibility is impaired. ( Everyone who drives my car notices this particular hazard. ) Thus far, the car has been reliable which offers a secure feeling for someone who does a lot of traveling.The gas tank is quite a bit smaller than what I have been used to so I did think it had terrible mileage. My CRV gets about 26 miles per gallon. It can't compete with Toyota in this area but is still a choice vehicle.

Excellent experience at Largo Honda in Florida Cit

by Keys Traveler from Key Largo | December 20, 2013

Purchased a 2014 CRV 4 days ago from Paul Lozano at Largo Honda. I immediately drove it to Orlando and got 34 MPG, it was a sweet ride - meeting and exceeding all my expectations. Paul was great, he knew all the answers, met every promise he made, no hard sale and just a really pleasant person to deal with. He even delivered our car to our front door. I highly recommend Paul and Largo Honda if you're considering a Honda purchase.

Uses car for Towing

Cant count on it to start

by wannabe from Montana | December 15, 2013

I bought my first new SUV that I had waited many years for and have had many Hondas. An automatic start was added before the purchase and when the first cold streak happened, my car did not start. The battery was dead. This has happened over 10 times and the dealer in Minot said there was nothing they could do. The alternator is too small for the car and the dealer feels it is a design defect but nothing was done. We have called customer service but have had no success. It is pretty sad when you cant depend on your new vehicle. I am looking to already trade in.

Another great car from Honda

by wolf29 from NJ | December 12, 2013

Coming from 3 generations of Accords, I wanted to switch it up to something different but stay within the Honda family. Absolutely love my 2013 EX-L inside and out. Great styling, simple yet effective interior design (don't need all the latest gadgets) and good mpg. . My only con in my case woud be the leather seats. The seat bottom seams feel very hard and I find myself looking for that sweet spot all the time where I don't feel those seams dig into my thigh and butt. Easily remedied with a seat cushion, but I want to enjoy the full effects of the heated seats. . Other than that, it would just be cosmetic changes I would like to see in the future such as projector headlights, push button start and auto lift gate to name a few. Car is great as it is, but a couple of more cosmetic tweaks would make it perfect in my opionion. . Another engine choice option or at least a 6 speed would be nice in future models as well. . Highly recommend the CR-V for those looking for a change from a sedan and for more overall room and storage. Very versatile vehicle.