2013 Honda CR-V

2013 Honda CR-V
Available in 6 styles:  2013 Honda CR-V 4dr FWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Not much equipment, uncomfortable seats

by Bullseye from Harrisburg, Pa | July 15, 2014

We finally bought one of these great Honda's. After driving it on a daily basis we found the seats to be very uncomfortable. they are hard and have a crown in the middle. if you are older and of average or small build you probably wont like them. We bought an EX-L. top of line but not many features. Like most foreign cars they only come a certain way. recently bought a domestic brand car and I could get cloth seats with power and as many features as the Honda at a lower trim level, and those seats are wonderful for us. If you need to buy a name then go for it. I think I would rather be comfortable.

Buy a Toyota

by So Cal Buyer from San Diego | July 14, 2014

We have a CRV with around 10k miles on it. The car makes a grinding noise when we start it now and then. Dealer can't fix it and Honda tells us it is a dealer issue. There is no support behind this product. Buyer be ware you may want to buy another brand and pay a bit extra to get some level of customer service. Infinity is amazing on customer service and Acura is pretty good, our other car.

2013 Honda EXL CRV AWD

by Josh from FAMILY OF 3 | June 18, 2014

First SUV I'VE OWNED. GREAT GAS MILEAGE. GOES IN THE SNOW. WISH IT HAD AC VENTS FOR THE PEOPLE SITTING IN THE BACK SEATS. And more leg room. I've recieved more complements on the color and the look of my HONDA CRV. I GOT THE TOP OF THE LINE, AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL LAST ME. I HAVE LEATHER SEATS AND IN THE WINTER I CAN TURN THE SEAT ON AND THE SEATS HEAT UP. AND THE GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT ECO AND STILL HAS THE PICK UP WHEN ITS ON.

Nice truck

by Auto fan from Puerto Rico | June 13, 2014

My 2013 EX 2WD is a nice well put together car. My biggest problem is the gas mileage.... at 13 months and 6500 miles my overall is 19.3mpg. Always in ECO, tires@ correct psi, no racing, no long idle time, normal usage.... shopping @ malls, pick up kids at school, suburban area w/ some xpressway, some 40-55 highways. Dealer sez all is fine. Will be trading it for something w/better mph soon. This will be a big first for me ... my last 6 new cars were w/ me for an avg of 7 years.

Practical

by Car Lover from Minneapolis, MN | April 12, 2014

Previously, I owned a 1999 AWD Honda CRV. It was a decent car, but had just 140 something horsepower and averaged about 22-23 mpg. It always felt slow to me, and the AWD was barely better than 2WD because I had to actually be slipping before anything happened. This 2014 CRV is a totally different and better car. It has 185 horsepower, which makes a world of difference in being able to get up to speed and pass on the highway. Despite this, I'm getting around 27-28 mpg in mixed driving, which is about 5 more miles for every gallon. And this new AWD actually works. In a recent snowstorm, all four wheels engaged before I could feel any slipping! Other things I like are the bluetooth radio, which works perfectly with my iPhone. It's so much quieter than the 2004 Acura RSX I was driving, although if you're moving from a new, more luxury-oriented car, then it would probably be noisier. It's also very roomy inside. I can throw my mountain bike in the back without taking off any wheels, yet I can also fit in a compact parking space.

amazing!

by hcrv lover from New York Queens | March 9, 2014

We have a 2013 Honda Crv EX. We really like the plush comfy seats. The ride is very smooth though on bumps your head will come off. In the city I can only get 22 mpg.(We have AWD) If your drive at 65 or over on long trips on the highway you can only get 30 mpg. If you drive 50 on the highway you can get 31-33, though we once got 34 mpg. AWD is useless, ugly exterior and a bit dull ride. If you gaze at the interior for a long time it will look good. The most useful feature is the standard backup camera. Bluetooth,pandora and a cargo space that is insanely great, are standard. If you go for EX and up, you will get a sunroof. It also save our lives. We were going down the highway when all of a sudden a BMW smashed into another car. If our car did not have ESC and ABS I would not be talking to right now. Finally the cars back right and left side headrestrains are fixed.

Disappointed Honda Devotee

by JR8R from Up north, Wisconsin | February 27, 2014

I have owned Hondas continuously since 1988 - 7 in all. This is my third CR-V. My family and I really like this version of the CR-V....but, we have lost faith in Honda over an engine issue. Beware your maintenance minder that says you don't need an oil change until 15% oil life. I do a lot of highway driving, and did not require an oil change until about 8,000 miles in. After the oil change and once the weather got below freezing, a strange knocking sound began on start up. My car was in the shop three times before they determined that the camshaft actuator is faulty (a problem on Accords as well). They replaced it once, the replacement was faulty, so they replaced it again. Engine is now loud and I'm getting a lot of vibration. The noise is gone (for now), but the dealership stated that if I have further problems they will have to replace the top of the engine. Also - had to rent a car at my own expense while my car was in the shop. Third time in they comped the rental car as car has to be at shop for two days for this repair. After doing some research, it seems that more frequent oil changes could prevent this issue in the first place. Honda knows there is an issue, but they've failed to correct it in the manufacturing process. There's a lot to like about this car, but I've lost faith and wonder how much damage was done to the engine while the dealer farted around for months on this.

Rear latch freezes shut - can't be opened

by Jodyj from Boulder, CO | February 16, 2014

I would rate this car much higher if it weren't for two major issues, that might seem small at first but factor hugely into usability. The rear door latch freezes shut and won't open below 20 degree temps, and the windshield wiper fluid freezes. I live in Colorado and this is unacceptable. I've had it in to the dealer and they swapped out the rear latch. It still freezes shut. They said they are waiting to see if Honda is going to do anything. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue. They also drained and refilled the windshield wiper fluid, but it still freezes too. I'm hoping there's just some water left in it

hope it's as good as my first crv

by cupcake from wallingford, ct | February 14, 2014

I traded my 2008 CRV in for this 2013 as I was completely satisfied with my old car. I had no reservations and never shopped for another make before making my decision. My 2013 is less than 6 months old and already the battery died for absolutely no reason. I then did some research and am now worried because I see many complaints regarding the same problem. Exchanging the battery would hardly correct a design defect and, although I'm hopeful, I am disappointed and worried this problem is nowhere near resolved. Therefore, I cannot be as enthusiastic toward the Honda product until I am reassured it is worthy.

Rear differential noise

by Butch from Fort Wayne Indiana | January 13, 2014

With 2000 miles on our 2013 Honda CR-V the rear differential actuator became noisy. With 3907 miles they decided to change the actuator and the noise disappeared for a short time, Then the replacement actuator went bad. I now have 7800 miles and there engineering department tells me they don't know how to fix the problem. They also say not to worry, yet they do not know what's wrong or how to fix the problem.