2013 Honda CR-V

Available in 6 styles:  2013 Honda CR-V 4dr FWD shown

Overall

GRINDING UPON START UP

by First time HONDA OWNER from 60096 | June 8, 2015

I had CRV into Honda 3 times and they are aware of grinding noise . They know it doesn't damage engine but its not a safety issue . Also, they won't say it's actually the actuator causing the problem . But they are trying to come up with a solution . I got all the extended warranties and I'm 2 years into paying on vehicle . And I have to put up with total strangers coming up to me and saying you should get that looked at . The noise is loud and embarrassing . I expected better from Honda .

Honda CRV keeps getting it right!

by Minky50 from Davidson NC | June 2, 2015

Had a 2007 CVR which we loved. It was a wonderful car - no issues of any kind. Was involved in a five car collision and hit in front & back. Car was considered totaled and I was just sick. Started searching for replacement and purchased a 2013 and it is amazing!!! I am a real fan of Honda and their products.

Happy so far.

by Mark M. from Lincoln, Nebraska. | February 2, 2015

I purchased a 2014 CRV about 6 weeks ago, it has now has close to 1000 miles on it. I got an end of year 2014 for the discount, about 3K. So far I really like it. The only con I can see is the exterior styling is kind of out-dated, but it looks a lot like the other SUV's in this class, I am not sure how you could jazz it up. As for everything else, I am very pleased. My first few tanks of gas got 22 MPG, all city driving, which is what it is rated at. I then had a tank with mixed city/highway driving which got 27 MPG! Now I am getting 23-24 MPG in all city driving in cold Nebraska winter weather. I am betting when it warms up that will improve some. We just had an 8 inch snow. I was really impressed with how the CRV got around and handled the messy roads. It was much better then my prior Chevy 4X4 Silverado pick-up. (New truck prices are crazy!). It is a great snow vehicle. The interior is well though-out and well-planned, easy to understand controls and nice and simple lay-out. This is not a fancy vehicle, just very utilitarian and practical. I guess if I wanted to spring another $2500 for the leather I could have got more luxury but the EX model had everything I needed. The driving experience is also nice. The engine provides plenty of power and punch when needed. I recently completed a 150 mile interstate trip with the cruise locked on 80. This was no sweat for the motor and the transmission never shifted, although it was largely flat terrain. There was plenty of room in the front and rear seats, very comfortable. I also love the large cargo area in back. It has more room for stuff then I will ever use. This is not my first new Honda. One of the main reasons I bought it is because of Honda's unmatched quality and reliability. This is our first new CRV though and I am looking forward to many more happy miles.

Not even 5,000 miles and it is in the shop....

by Tam from BR, MD | January 20, 2015

I loved this vehicle upon purchase, November 2014. Beginning in December, when the temperature dropped and a grinding noise begin when attempting to start the vehicle in the mornings and in the evenings (when temperature dropped again). I was not a happy camper. I researched online and noticed that several years of this vehicle has the grinding issue upon cold starting. My vehicle has been in the shop all day to get the VTC replaced (?) What I don't understand, since this seems to be a widespread issue, why hasn't Honda done anything regarding this widely spread issue? The good thing is, it is still under warranty and I didn't have to come out of pocket. I love the smooth ride my CRV provides, the EX-L seats/heated seats; radio; eco is great and I still have great power. A lot of storage space, no change holder, which I miss (had one in my Accord). Overall, I love my CRV.

poor heating

by loves heat from saratoga, ny | January 15, 2015

2013 Honda crv bought mine new, complained about no hot heat. My 2003 Honda had great heat and lots of heating force coming from the vents. I was told by the Honda mechanic that it was normal. After driving for 20 minutes and still no warm heat does not feel right to me. time to trade for something different.

Could be better

by Dingy 3 from Multiple ...Texas, Florida, colorada | October 21, 2014

The Crv was purchased to flat tow Wanted a ford hybrid..but they took them off the market in 2013 ..after sitting in the seats of the crv xl with sunroof..supposedly better seats..I can honestly say I would have purchased the leather for more comfort. The drivers seat is much better, than the lower model, but the passenger seat is not!..not o.k. I previously owned a 1994 honda accord, and loved it...unfortunately, this vehicle does not compare. I would NOT purchase this vehicle again. Not impressed. No power, don't like the interior design, very uncomfortable, needs some upgrades... Started to buy a white crv with leather, fully loaded, but the trim was a faded burgundy..looked bad Would have liked a better selection of color combos. Most had black leather..which is not ok on southern u.s.....second time owner..give this one a lower rating. Not what I expected..expected better.

Uses car for Towing

Not much equipment, uncomfortable seats

by Bullseye from Harrisburg, Pa | July 15, 2014

We finally bought one of these great Honda's. After driving it on a daily basis we found the seats to be very uncomfortable. they are hard and have a crown in the middle. if you are older and of average or small build you probably wont like them. We bought an EX-L. top of line but not many features. Like most foreign cars they only come a certain way. recently bought a domestic brand car and I could get cloth seats with power and as many features as the Honda at a lower trim level, and those seats are wonderful for us. If you need to buy a name then go for it. I think I would rather be comfortable.

Buy a Toyota

by So Cal Buyer from San Diego | July 14, 2014

We have a CRV with around 10k miles on it. The car makes a grinding noise when we start it now and then. Dealer can't fix it and Honda tells us it is a dealer issue. There is no support behind this product. Buyer be ware you may want to buy another brand and pay a bit extra to get some level of customer service. Infinity is amazing on customer service and Acura is pretty good, our other car.

2013 Honda EXL CRV AWD

by Josh from FAMILY OF 3 | June 18, 2014

First SUV I'VE OWNED. GREAT GAS MILEAGE. GOES IN THE SNOW. WISH IT HAD AC VENTS FOR THE PEOPLE SITTING IN THE BACK SEATS. And more leg room. I've recieved more complements on the color and the look of my HONDA CRV. I GOT THE TOP OF THE LINE, AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL LAST ME. I HAVE LEATHER SEATS AND IN THE WINTER I CAN TURN THE SEAT ON AND THE SEATS HEAT UP. AND THE GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT ECO AND STILL HAS THE PICK UP WHEN ITS ON.

Nice truck

by Auto fan from Puerto Rico | June 13, 2014

My 2013 EX 2WD is a nice well put together car. My biggest problem is the gas mileage.... at 13 months and 6500 miles my overall is 19.3mpg. Always in ECO, tires@ correct psi, no racing, no long idle time, normal usage.... shopping @ malls, pick up kids at school, suburban area w/ some xpressway, some 40-55 highways. Dealer sez all is fine. Will be trading it for something w/better mph soon. This will be a big first for me ... my last 6 new cars were w/ me for an avg of 7 years.