We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Honda CR-V

2014 Honda CR-V
Available in 6 styles:  2014 Honda CR-V 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Road noise

by tj hookr from Youngstown, Ohio | August 25, 2016

On a recent trip from Ohio to South Carolina, the road noise was so bad we couldn't hear the radio or play a cd. The 2014 CR-V LX has 19,000 miles on it. Could it be the cheap Continental tires ?

2014 CRV EX-L My Last CRV

by Dave from Sacramento Valley | November 30, 2015

Due to the addition of a CVT transmission on the 2015 I bought a 2014 CRV EX-L while still available on the lots about 6 months ago, to get a normal transmission that will last the life of the engine and vehicle, Also I had to upgrade the oe battery from a 51F series tiny battery to a 24F so it has adequate battery power, when temps dropped below 20 degrees, had starting trouble as well as door locks would not actuate at low temps, Went from a 410CCA battery to a 750CCA to achieve reliabliity. Next new car for the wife will be a Toyota 4Runner. No more Hondas after this one for me. I also need a backup vehicle that will tow the small 17 ft travel trailer we have @ 2200 lbs empty, or 3100 lbs loaded. CVT transmissions are too weak to tow. CRV's have 1500 lb tow rating. I also want a tow rig with a frame under it, the Hondas are unibody construction.

this CRV sucks

by Dave from Great Falls | September 7, 2015

I have had this CRV for almost a year and am leasing it I wanted it tobe my forever car or at least along took on vaction last summer adnot much room in it also got stuck in front of my house called the dealer for help and they too bad not our problem also don't think that all 4 wheels are driving because only the front wheels were the ones that would spin ans don't get me started on the gas mileage it sucks

Uses car for Towing

2014 Honda CR-V door panels discolored

by RS from SC | August 5, 2015

Both the drivers side door panels , front and rear, have spots of fading. Dealer treated twice. Now trying to say scratches as "Honda is tough on paints job, interieor , etc".

CRV Plastic Shock

by SMC from Cleveland, Ohio | July 17, 2015

What a cheaply made car! My mother's 2014 CRV is plastic! You could push the body of the car in with your finger and little effort! Get into a crash and you'd be dead instantly! My daughter's CRV's battery died within the 2nd year she had it, and she leased it brand new! Cheap! Cheap! Deadly! I wanted a Pilot for myself, but will never ever buy a Honda again!

A little disappointed

by Honda3 from Charlotte, NC | July 10, 2015

I purchased a 2014 Honda CR-V. I saw so many on the road and loved the style and the brand. It is a comfortable crossover and got great reviews. Mine is not all that I thought it would be. It drinks (guzzles) up gas. It is not a great car to drive on the higjway! The wind shear affect is terrible!! I mainly drive the highway and once you hit 70 it is not a very smooth ride at all. It drives great on the main roads. I wish I could recommend it to all drivers but if you love taking the highway, I wouldn't recommend purchasing this vehicle. Honda could have done much better. This is my third Honda, and probably my last!

Disappointed :(

by First new car in 12 years from Pittsburgh, PA | June 10, 2015

We researched and test rode a few new and used cars, and decided on CR-V due to the solid ride, back up camera, reliability and safety. My in-laws have a 2004 CR-V that runs smoother than my 2014! While it drives smooth, It runs really rough while stopped at redlights!! The idle is so rough, if the windows are down a little, they actually vibrate. I put it in neutral sometimes because it's so annoying! I sent American Honda a letter, but they never responded, and the tech's at my dealership said that "rough idle is a characteristic of the car". What?? This characteristic wasn't disclosed when I bought the car! The vehicle idled smooth in the beginning, or we would have never bought it. The rough idle didn't occur until appr. 9,500 miles. Also, on cold mornings , there is a grinding sound that lasts a split second on start up. I hope Honda rectifies this, I never thought i'd be disappointed in my CR-V!

Excellent bargain

by Tony47 from Massachusetts | June 8, 2015

Bought my CRV (top model) AWD in January 20p14 from Honda Village in Newton ME. Have had zero problems with it to date. Love the car- great look, nice performance, 23mpg city and constant 32+ mpg highway. The only thing that broke was rear "tonneau" retractable cover - would not retract, loss of spring tension. But dealer replaced it quickly with new one in less than 10 minutes.Great car - not sure if 2015 model is as good due to CVT (belt) transmission, which I would never buy with such transmissions. Also, I wish they had offered a 6 cyl version, though the 4 cyl , 185hp is very ample for everyday driving. All in all, I give it an average of 4.5 stars!

Reliable and ready for snow!

by road warrior from Mid-Michigan | April 24, 2015

I bought a 2012 EXL with AWD and DVD screen in the back (for the kids). I drive about 3000 miles/month in Michigan so reliability, comfort, fuel economy and snow-handling are most important to me. I have had no need for repairs, just routine maintenance and I am at the 102,000 mark. Original tires were pretty noisy and needed replacement at 47k or so. I chose some better Michelins to replace with and they are quieter. Fuel economy depends on if it's the winter or summer blend at the pumps and of course, driving conditions. I love the Eco switch and use that 95% of the time. If I need to really accelerate, like difficult merge or have the need for speed, I turn that off and it's like a totally different car, very zippy and responsive! I drive at 75-80 mph and average 28 mpg. City driving takes it down to 24 or so. Regarding comfort: I have the multi-positiion power seats which do help, but nowadays manufacturers have to "cocoon" us in for safety. I hate it! (Best seat ever for long trips is my '09 Impala, bench style.) Seat heater switch location isn't great, and because it's a rocker switch it can get bumped "on". Radio: I wish they would put power switch on steering wheel and sound is okay, a little muffled. Visors could be a little longer to block better near the mirror. Visibility: it's pretty good, but I always turn and check, not trusting just the mirrors. The rear camera perspective is misleading for proximity and could benefit from a beeping sensor also (had one in a different car, helpful feature, maybe better than a camera) Snow: performed great in the Blizzard of '15. I had to get to the airport 90 miles away and it powered me through and handled well! I really like this vehicle, first Honda, very pleased!

My Car

by Mudman5206 from Orange,Texas | April 19, 2015

Drive this car to work and we pull it behind our motorhome with the front wheels up. I read all of the reviews and drove most of the SUV's. I guess Honda listened to the complaints of the 2014 because my 2015 has none of the problems I have read about in the 2014 year model. I have an EX-L. My CRV is so quiet you can hardly hear the engine run. The back up camera shows where you will go based upon the way you turn your wheel. The right side camera comes on when you turn your signal on. The steering wheel doesn't lock when you turn the car off which is great for towing. Great gas milage and stylish. I LOVE my Honda CRV.