2014 Honda Crosstour

2014 Honda Crosstour
Available in 5 styles:  2015 Honda Crosstour 4dr FWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Good, but an un-Honda like noise

by HondaThrowWeight from Minneapolis St. Paul MN | February 21, 2015

I've had the car about 6 months and have about 8000 miles on it, so I've had a chance to live with it a little and gotten to learn the good and the (not very) bad. First, the good. The V6 2014 EX-L Crosstour fit the sweet spot for our family of four; it's really a nice size vehicle. With about 6-8 months of winter where we live, we opted for the AWD V6, The V6 is smooth and punchy and MPG isn't bad (average in a mix of driving around 22-24 in the winter). The car is mostly quiet for a Honda - more on that in a moment, though. I find myself on the "love it" side regarding the look of the car. In Nighthawk Black, the car is just sexy, even the grizzly bear rump. Now, the mildly bad. During the first cold snap this winter, I noticed a metallic rattling from the back seat. I thought it was just an unsecured seat back or seat belt rattling and fixable - no big deal - but it wasn't. I couldn't isolate it and it drove me nuts. It would come and go. Finally brought it in to the dealership. They ended up keeping it for a week, and tracked it down to a deformed bracket near the gas tank (?) that caused the noise. After they fixed it, the Crosstour is far and away the quietest Honda I've owned, and that's included our current CRV, and past Element, Odyssey and Civic. Rear visibility is not optimal, but isn't the worst I've ever driven. (Camaro). You adjust your driving style and move on. The one baffling thing about the Crosstour is the choice of the passenger side camera with absolutely nothing on the driver's side. The lane departure and crash avoidance beeps are obnoxious, and of no real help - I turned off the lane departure alarm almost immediately. As a past owner of an Element, I apparently like Honda's quirky cars, but I also know that they tend to get killed off when the niche is no longer lucrative enough. I'm hoping that doesn't happen to the Crosstour. Overall, I feel like I'm driving a higher end car; it has a good blend of SUV and car characteristics that I was looking for. Is it the best car ever? I don't think there's such a thing, but my simple test of a car is whether I look for excuses to drive the thing, and I definitely do with the Crosstour. (And I confidently say that after the "new car" shine has worn off).

Great car

by Robt4275 from Highland park, il | February 18, 2015

I have had this car for about two months and love it. I think the styling is cool and unlike anything else on the road. The car is very fast and build quality top notch. Don't knock the car till you have driven it. I traded in my Accord sedan and was going to buy another accord. Had looked at the Crosstour but thought it was overpriced. The dealer had a loaded new 2014 and took 9k off the sticker price.

Very nice car, handles the road very well

by Like Hondas from California | November 9, 2014

The hatch back window is obscured. So you have to be very careful. Also, I bought the black car which is really sharp but requires a lot of maintenance to keep cleen.

Unique , original , reliable

by Traveler from | October 6, 2014

High end quality that feels, looks, and rides like a Lexus- Infinity or Mercedes without spending the money

Great Car

by Honda Lover from Phoenix, AZ | September 28, 2014

I have had my crosstour for two years and love it! It has almost all the bells and whistles and gets great gas mileage. I love the back-up camera even though it is now causing me a little trouble, but I would still recommend this car to my child.

My Favorite Car

by Skibookbeachmama from Lexington, VA | August 22, 2014

Although it has only been two weeks, my Crosstour is my favorite car that I have ever owned. It drives so smoothly and effortlessly, it is amazing. A little smaller than my previous car, Volvo Cross Country Station Wagon, I like the Crosstour better (which I never thought I would say)! Now that the kids are grown, I do not need as large a car, so it is perfect. My only problem is that I am enjoying driving it too much and need to curtail a bit of my driving :)

Honda Crosstour, Best in Class!!

by Altria7 from Wisconsin | June 22, 2014

Having owned my 2013 EXL V6 4wd w/Navigation, I can only say it has been exceeding my expectations every day. I commute 84 miles roundtrip 5 days per week. This is my 3rd Honda product and I trust it will be as bullet proof as my two others. Traded an 05 Accord EXL for this one. I also own an '11 CRV EXL 4wd w/Navigation. The styling is very edgy, not only do I love the stand apart from the crowd design but the positive comments from people really ice the cake. First off, the car handles exceptionally well contrary to consumer reports stating that it is rather clumsy. Really? Have you ever driven a Tahoe or Explorer? I have to say the V6 is impressive both in 6 second acceleration 0-60 times not to mention I have achieved 33.4 mpgs on several occasions with the cylinder deactivation at cruising speeds. This car weighs in at 4200 lbs. I handles snow and ice with ease. Car feels well planted on the road, is very comfortable and roomy. Everything works as well as advertised. The only con I can think of is the rear liftgate should be power open and close. Test drive one and you will buy one.

BEST OF THE BUNCH

by OLD SPORTY from Brunswick ohio | May 19, 2014

love this car. wanted extra storage and there is plenty. very unique body style which is a benefit because u don't see same style at every stoplight like you do with other makes and modles. v6 variable cylinder engine giving me 31 mpg hwy(great for 4000 lb car with excelleration power) im 70 yrs old and owned many cars including 3 other Hondas and 1964 mustang. the crosstour is by far best car i've owned. great vehicle Honda, be proud. should be voted best car in class.

Just as I expected!!

by Honda Lover from Atlanta, GA | May 8, 2014

I'd researched the vehicle for a while. Also, my last two cars were made by Honda so I knew about the brand. This Crosstour has everything that I wanted, but it has much more room. So, for those people who like everything about an Accord, but need the room of an SUV.... *in my best Kenny Loggins' singing voice* ....."THIS IS IT!!!"

A Car For The Ages

by Sony from Nashville, TN | April 13, 2014

I love this car period. I have the 4cyl engine and I can not believe how much power and quick pickup it has. It drives more like a V8. The transmission is silky smooth, the a/c is like a soft cooling touch on your skin. The many hidden cubby holes are great for going shopping without having to leave anything out in the open. The lumbar support in the seat feels great on longer trips. The gas mileage is much better than I had expected as we live in a state with mountains and lots of long inclines and the way it smoothes out the harsh bumps in the road is like you are floating over them and the sound proofing cancels out 98% of the outside noise when on the road leaving you to enjoy the 360 watt stereo 7 speaker sound system. The styling is great and the quality is way above average. It is a solid high quality drivers car that is built to impress and it does. It takes a little getting used to backing it but in a few minutes you will be doing it with ease. The back up camera works great even in low light. It is built very safe and reliable for my wife to drive and is superb in heavy city traffic having plenty of power and quick steering and stopping power and it has tons of space for camping or bringing home the groceries and shopping and I love the quick release to lower the back seats from the back of the car, one touch and it's done. The floor is also reversible with the underside rubber lined for easy cleaning. I am very happy and highly impressed with the attributes of this car and highly recommend it. But go with the 4 cylinder because it has plenty of power and it is quick to say the least.