1991 Honda CRX

See Photos & Videos

Overall

driving fun

by crx fan from washington dc | December 29, 2012

I purchased this car at a auction. It already had over 200.000 miles on the odo Im 6ft3 and am over 200lbs much to my amazement I have a great deal of room in the car its truly larger on the inside than one would assume I had a honda civic that blew a head gasket a few months before i found this car I think I prefer the crx because of the body style A true hatchback with no rear seats I have the si version so it very happy to rev high and still return around 35 mpg hwy. My car is totally stock so I am looking forward to adding some inhancements to increased the hp and torc I have a maxima se which also has a 5speed but I feel the honda is more fun to drive I am a courier so I drive this little car around 8hrs a day so I can attest to the cars reliabilty and drivabilty.....even without power steering. it handles great and will pull even at speeds over 80mph since the car is also wide its very stable even on windy days if you are looking for a used crx that try finding one in stock condition rather than someone elses rebiuld. they are becoming very rare to find

Love My CreXonda Honda

by gypsyneleh from Houston, TX | November 28, 2009

I've had her since 2002; I'm trying to hit 2011 when she'll be 20 years old. Think she's the cutest car on the road, classy, sporty, can fit into any parking space easily. Handles great, love it that I can do a U-y anywhere. Love the hatch feature with 2 seats--which no cars currently have, that I can determine. Hatch opening is 37", so I have transported my 3' square oak table in the back, as well as my Lazy Boy recliner in my hatch. When shopping, I frequently have people waiting at my car upon my return to ask if I want to sell her. They even pull up beside me on the freeway and with sign language ask for a selling price! Every time I pull up at my BBQ restaurant's window the clerk asks if I'm ready to sell yet. I can hear another CRX on the road because they have a distinctive hum to the engine, and we honk and wave to each other. The back-up panel one-way see-through bottom "window" of the hatch is an excellent feature, which decades later I notice the Aztec has incorporated into its design, although not as elegantly. And let's not forget the mpg, which is 40.3 on the highway, and anywhere between 32 & 36 on shorter runs. The only real flaw in this wonderful little car is the control panel for the fan/ac, which actually cracked and detached and fell backward into the dash hole. Bummer. Forgiving that, I don't know any owners who haven't equally loved their CRX. WHY WAS IT DISCONTINUED? HONDA, PLEASE BRING CRX BACK!!! SERIOUSLY.

Best Car Ever

by Matt from Annapolis, MD | April 30, 2009

I owned mine for several years and put 125,000 miles on it and gave it to a friend who put another 50,000 on it. He gave it back to me and I drove it for another 6 months or so. I gave it to my daughter's boyfriend who traded it for a pickup truck. I had the HF edition - 50 mpg.

I've owned 3 and they are fantastic

by Tolo from Milwaukee, WI | February 15, 2008

probly the best car ever! i had 2 stock ones and i just did an engine swap on one and am currently building it up. but over all the car is great. th steering is smooth, the ride is smooth and body is one of the best bodys put together!

Amazing car

by Import Tuner from Eau Claire, WI | March 9, 2007

ive had two CRX's one was an 89 that started with the stock engine and then got a b16A1 swapped in from an integra. It was fun with both, great gas mileage and handles like its on rails. the 91 has a b18A1 from an integra nad same deal. comfortable ride with stock suspension but still handles amazing and gets great gas mileage, never had below 30 around town not even in winter.

Featured Services for this Honda CRX