2003 Honda Element

Available in 6 styles:  2003 Honda Element 4x4 shown

Overall

Just a beast

by Manny from philly | August 24, 2015

I bought a 2003 Element as a 3rd car to pick up stuff ..bought it with 217k on SUV . The car runs like it is still brand new .Easy to handle and great in the snow . Holds their value..easy to drive . Mechanic said the SUV will run for another 100k

I bought my 2003 Element LX new,

by garfy from Pensylvania | March 1, 2015

It has been so wonderful it is upsetting to think Honda discarded it. I have put only updated parts in it and it runs like new. Great for hauling and taking trips and ease of unloading...I would never think about another vehicle so it is going to be tough..when it finally dies, which I plan to keep it until then...Dealer tells me the used ones are in demand and I have a 5 speed. fun to drive...

Last car

by Poky from Denver, Colorado | November 14, 2013

I saw an add for the Element on line when it first came out and took an instant liking to it. Upon seeing the add my wife also liked it. I knew that any "new" car we bought at that time would be our last ever and would have to get us through retirement to death. This car has been great with it's four wheel drive, room and dependability. We live in Colorado and get snow every once in a while and when we have needed the four wheel drive it just kicks in with out having to think about it. For trips the car is easy to pack the way the doors and back end open. The rear seats fold up or come out depending on the room needed. This is no sports car that's speeds to 60mph in 4 seconds so if that is what your looking for forget it. It is a roomy dependable car that will last me through retirement without having to be concerned about expensive repairs.

I love my Honda Element

by Element Lover from Grand Rapids, MI | October 21, 2013

I love the Element for its unique appearance and Honda reliability. I purchased it gently used and I plan to use it for its lifetime.

awesome car

by ana from ny | May 12, 2013

I got this car for my dogs and it is just pefect. Love, love, love it. I cant wait to drive it in the snow.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

She's a Sweetheart

by ELL'EOWNER from Atlanta, Georgia | September 22, 2012

This car is perfect. I have never owned a vehicle that I have been more satisfied with. I got her for the right price and even got the color I wanted. This vehicle is one of those "hard to find" models and this one is exceptional.

Great roomy car!!!

by Mitch $$ from Gap pa | July 17, 2012

I had a 2003 manual with a little over 116000 miles now I have it up to130000 mikes n no problems, it is reliable even under a teenagers driving conditions, handles amazingly in bad weather n it is roomy I put the back seats all the way up n can fit more stuff in it thad my dads Denali, I can also lay back the Seat n look at the stars wich is a bonus. It's not a car for a racer but a car for the idealist. So overal it's great for packing up to go to the cabin all the way to car pooling, ppl actually don't mind to sit in the back! Over all an awesome first car!

Classic Plastic

by Incurable Curmudgeon from Sonoma wine country CA | June 25, 2012

Always wanted an Element. Like its sophisticated simplicity. Car was high priced, low milage (63,000) from a dealer who had it professionally detailed and new Korean tires. Runs well. 4WD means lousey gas milage, but way better than the '95 Dodge truck I'm driving with 267,000 miles on it - also still running well....but.... Element owners don't wave at each other, but we all wear a smile.

absolutely bulletproof in reliability

by fly4val from Huntington Beach, CA | November 29, 2011

bought new July 2003 in Colorado, EX model w/AWD. Its reliability and drivig continues to amaze me even now with 125k miles. Smartest thing(s) I did were to dump OEM tires and replace with Yokohama Geolanders. Tires wore like iron and have endured numerous trips through axle deep snow areas and ice and allowing excellent bite with long tread life. The car has not missed a beat, the only warranty was the driver's side outer door lock and a recall on some little interlock bar on the ignition. With the excellent tire grip and car's handling, she has never let me down or left me stranded even in some extreme conditions in WA, UT and Colorado. Kudos to Honda and Yokohama!

Great Car

by New Element Owner / New Dad from Kansas City, MO | November 29, 2011

I bought the element because we had a baby on the way and I'd been driving a regular cab nissan frontier that obviously wasn't going to work with a car seat. We looked at the element before when we were looking to replace my wife's car but she didn't like having to open the front door to open the rear door. I test drove a few and played around with the doors and decided I could deal with it. I've had the car for several months now and love it. True, when somebody parks close it is a little difficult to get into the back but if you are aware of that and plan accordingly it is so much easier to get the baby in and out with no b pillar and with such a high roof line. It is also easy to get from the front to the back seats and the leg room in the back is fantastic. The fold up seats are great for hauling stuff. While a 4x8 sheet won't fit with the tailgate closed it will fit at a diagonal with it open. With the seats up there is an incredible amount of room in the back. Can't wait to do some camping. it could use a little more power but hey its a big box not a sports car.

Featured Services for this Honda Element