2006 Honda Element

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Dog Perfect

by Bread Box from New Jersey | April 6, 2013

Would buy another without question. I wish they still made them.. We've used ours taking our two very large dogs to South Carolina from New Jersey. Reliable and practical.. Love being able to remove 2 back seats..

Versatile if not economical

by YouDude60 from Santa Maria CA | February 25, 2013

Absolutely love the roominess, utility and ergonomics of the interior. Trading painted fenders for he eyesore faded plastic ones was the single-best improvement Honda made for the Element. The ride and overall quality is truly amazing. The (mixed-driving) 20 MPG is the achilles heel of this vehicle. Call me greedy, but I'd hoped for much closer to 30-- and highway mileage above that. YD60

honda ellie

by redeye from scappoose oregon | October 19, 2011

bought this car new- now has 55000 miles and has cost me 5.00 in repairs. best investment i"ve ever made. love it to death- which is the only way i"ll not have it!! the only thing it needs is a bit more power. gets 24mpg city and the awd system is flawless. my first car was a honda and the last will be too!!

Lovin' my Element

by amandapanda from Memphis, TN | May 6, 2011

Love love love the amount of space in the interior, handles beautifully. This is my first SUV...I have always been a small Toyota and Volkswagen owner. Gas mileage is certainly not what I'm used to, but not as bad as I had expected. It is very versatile...so easy to flip up the rear seats or remove them completely. So easy to clean the interior. It's perfect for our family.

Great for Hauling

by Kitty from Mayville, Wisconsin | April 14, 2011

This is my 3rd Element. I love the flexibility and room in the back end. Great for hauling major tools and dogs. These cars are excellent runners. Would have given this 2006 all 5 stars but this one is an automatic. Have always had manual transmissions which makes it more reactive quickly and I miss being able to downshift, rather than braking in snowy conditions. My other 2 elements are still on the road, 03 EX AWD being driven by my son with approx 130K - no problems and the 05 EX AWD being driven by my daughter with approx 100K. These are excellent handling vehicles. The space inside with the seats down is substantial - major leg & headroom. Only seats 4 but never had a need to seat more. The only bad thing is that this is the last year (11) they will be produced and are not putting out manual transmissions this last year either. I bought the 06 because it was an exceptional deal and only had 30K miles. The tow package, roof racks, and hot red color were an extra bonus. Love it even though it's an automatic.

Form and Function

by ScubaSteve from Long Beach, NY | November 10, 2010

Sort of a functional toy. Lots of headroom, legroom and cargo space. Neat innovative rear seat positioning/removal. Relatively cheap interior but more than adequate. Annoying little things like the AT shift selector in backlit but only shows what the position the transmission is in by looking on the dash gauge. When I put a car in reverse I want to look down and see the R light up and not look for it on my dashboard. The backseat suicide doors are very cool but the front seat belts are connected to the back door frame. - so you must unbuckle every time the backseat passenger wants to exit. Honda's have always had a bit of road noise and the Element is no exception. The 4cyl might be a tad bit under-powered. I think it probably burns more gas as a 4cyl than it would as a 6 because the engine has to work harder on inclines, etc. Overall, it's a fun little/big room car that I am satisfied driving.

6 days' ownership -- still happy

by Gennie from CA coast | September 17, 2010

A real touring car: sit up higher than many, picture windows, easy driving, great turning radius. 4 speed auto transmission: like them all, it doesn't shift when I would, but with D, D1 & D2, and overdrive, should be reasonably able to match the power to my needs. I enjoy bouncing on down country roads. The car just says "C'mon, let's get outta here and go have some fun!" I plan on it.

No surprises

by Cavin from Ormond Beach, FL | September 4, 2010

It's getting exactly the gas mileage listed on the window sticker. My only chage would be better Gas Mileage.

most reliable

by toaster teller from AZ | June 21, 2010

I have 56 thousand miles on my Element. I have never had one thing go wrong with it during the 4 years that I have had it, not one thing! I have taken it all across the country, from Connecticut to Oregon, from Alabama to Arizona. It is a great vehicle and totally reliable. I would recommend it to anyone. I average 24 to 27 mpg. I take good care of it because it takes good care of me.

Lots of fun

by ob1 from Niles, Mi | January 28, 2010

Very reliable, awd works great for winter driving, rear passengers love the stadium seating, lots of fun to drive, easy to park, a great value, I would buy again.

Featured Services for this Honda Element