2007 Honda Element

21 city / 24–25 hwy

Overall

2008 ELEMNT EX 2WD

by Sootie007 from Clermont Florida | May 30, 2014

I bought my 2008 Ex with 78k on the odometer. This car didn't have a single rattle or anomaly when I purchased it. It has been a great vehicle for me now with 160K miles on the original powertrain and still no issues. Remarkably I have only done front and brake pads, an ac condenser fan,a front headlight bulb and rear tail light bulb in all those miles. I am religious with my oil changes and use full synthetic at every 5k and change the transmission fluid every 30k with genuine Honda transmission fluid. I love the Element and wouldn't hesitate to buy a brand new one if they still made them. I get 22 mpg on the highway and 21 usually in city driving . Mine has the 5 speed automatic and 2wd. Ride is firm, acceleration is adequate and you never feel underpowered while driving it IMO when merging at highway speeds etc . A GREAT VEHICLE !!!!!!!!!! I WISH HONDA STILL MADE THEM. Keeping an eye out for the new Honda HR-V which may be the closest replacement to the Element yet from Honda. Its release is due in the winter of 2014.

Best gas saver awd!!!

by Beaver from Jericho | March 26, 2014

A great buying experience no hassles clean car clean dealership and plenty of experience to make me feel comfortable

Best car ever owned

by Elementized from New Jersey | July 6, 2013

Either you love the Honda Element or you hate it! Our family loves it: safe, great utility, stand-up room for kids, and a snow eater! Great value for Honda longevity! Forgive us ... it's our second Element!

Love it - Best in Show!

by Jonathan from Ann Arbor, Michigan | February 4, 2013

I just bought a 2007 Honda Element LX 4WD with 92k miles on it. I usually drive the same car for 5 to 8 years, so I found one the is attractive, and adaptable. I used to drive a Subaru Impreza, which I owned for 8 years, and only put 32k miles onto. The Element is roomy and flexible, and I'm enjoying the new change. The vehicle is not perfect, though, if you a short person, you might not have as good a view as I do at 6' tall. It's a utility vehicle which also looks good on the road, and if you have a dog, this is the SUV for you...

07 Honda Element

by goofygirl from Bremerton, WA | January 1, 2013

very well made utility vehicle. Moving the back seats to use the full length of the vehicle is easy and a GREAT feature. Love, love, love that there is no carpet. After 2 days in the vehicle with shedding dogs, it took about 10 minutes and a damp microfiber cloth to remove all hair. At this point, only negatives to the vehicle is the console between the front seats - almost impossible to drive with it in the down position (maybe easier for a taller person) and not the greatest MPG.

Practical commuter

by mercuryman from Des Moines, IA | January 9, 2012

I purchased the Honda Element partially based on reviews, function and Honda myth. Now that I've owned the Element fo a couple months I've found the good and the bad. I find the interior space for both passengers and cargo is as great as advertised. Interior is a little overly simple and too much out-dated plated incorperated. I understand they were trying to be rugged in design but the plastic is very weak and easy to scratch. I am in the auto repair industry and am very familiar with the powertrain in the Element. The 2.4 liter engine is very long lived and durable. It has plenty of power to get the car in and out of traffic. Gas mileage may be the worst in it's class though so far getting 22mpg in mixed driving and it actually goes down to 20-21mpg when driving strictly highway. It will maintain highway speed but will spend a lot of time in 3rd gear working the engine on any incline or hint of wind. Cruise control is almost worthless as it will move 5-7mph as it cannot react fast enough to maintain constant speed(which is hard to understand as it is a drive by wire system). Ride is poor as I have yet to be in a Honda vehicle that I would ever say has good ride qualities. The traction and stability control features of the Element are also the worst I have every driven. Again very slow to react and prove to be almost ineffective. It reminds me of driving and old Jeep. Overall I think the vehile at the core is of good quality and I think will work very well for me with it's great interior space. If I wasn't looking for the use of space provided by the Elements interior I would have to say the Ford Escape offers better everything else and I would surely have purchased instead.

honda element

by Bimmer from Saugatuck, MI | October 21, 2011

I really like my Honda Element with 2 exceptions. The back side windows are manual and so is the sunroof. I have had to stop and get out of my car when a sudden rain storm rolled in. otherwise, 4.5 stars

Great Outdoor Rig

by Moe from Seattle | August 15, 2011

My wife bought me this 2007 Red Ex for my birthday. Four years later and 100,00 miles this has been a great car. With the rear seats removed and the front seats all the way forward there is enough room to sleep in the car at the trail head for an early morning hike. Has been a perfect car for the city and the woods. Small enough to fit in those tight parking spots but can still handle the snow in the mountains. The only complaint is the rear windows don't roll down so the dog can hang his head out and the suicide doors can be a pain in the parking garge for the people in the back.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Quality Automobile

by My Daughter's Car from Birmingham, AL | May 6, 2011

We purchased the 2007 Honda Element SC used from an individual 3 months ago. The car had 85000 miles on it. The SC is the highest trim package offered in the Element. On the positive side, the styling is "cool" and the room and functionality of the interior is very nice. The rear seats fold up in such a way that you almost have a small box truck to haul light cargo. The interior is cool and the instrument panel is almost futuristic looking. The standard MP3 input is a real bonus. The sound system is very very good for a factory sound system. Turning radius is the best I've ever seen. Honda quality and almost zero fear of ever having a break down really rounds out the positives. On the down side, the SC is the best interior package, but the SC does not even have the option of a sunroof?? The headlights do not turn off or on automatically and that is just strange to me that in 2011 Honda would omit that feature?? The ride is a little rough and a little loud, however, since this is my daughter's car, she doesn't even notice that. I would definitely recommend this model to someone that is younger or doesn't mind the road noise.

Never thought we'd buy one.... but we did

by Jimmyd from Holiday | May 12, 2010

We bought the 2007 LE fully loaded midnight blue with the black fenders. We LOVE the look off this car and we love the black fenders. They help knock off small rock and road debris that would normally scratch a car, but these wonderful fenders are the best. They match the window/rain guards perfectly. My wife says with all the acessories on this car it looks alot like the SUV version of the "batmobile" we get constant compliments and it is so fun to drive! buy one now and pimp it up... there is so much you can do with this car, oh by the way it has a racing air intake and other modifications so it really takes off! The most fun we've ever had with a car.

Featured Services for this Honda Element