2011 Honda Element

Available in 4 styles:  2011 Honda Element 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Gee Squared

by GeeSquared from McAllen, TX | September 9, 2014

I have a 2006 EX Element. Its AWD is perfect since I live close to the beach. I take it bird hunting every year and hunt off the tail gate when I don't want to set up my pop up canopy. I have large dogs as well and its easy to get them in and out. I hope Honda brings this one back and soon

Best Car EVER

by Carla from central Va | March 13, 2012

Have a 2006 Element. It works so well for my situation. Husband is 6'4, and has plenty of head room. We have large dogs, so the flooring is perfect- easy cleanup, the seats fold up in the back, or come out totally, so I can fit 2 travel crates in the back, and pop open the back windows for a breeze. I have put the front and back seats together to take a nap from time to time. I cant believe I didnt even want to look at it at first, and now 240K and 5.5 years later, I dont know what I would do without it. The only problems we've ever had have been minor, although two different Honda dealerships tried to talk us into needing a major repair that we've never had done, and are kicking along just fine ;) If you're even thinking of getting one...BUY IT!!!

E Camper - the 'everymans' RV

by New E owner from Alaska (the E is still in the SW USA) | December 5, 2011

We bought the Element specifically for use as a camping rig and immediately took it over to Ursa Minor for the conversion. The quick purchase was prompted by learning that Honda had cancelled the E in 2011. We've only got 1500 miles on her so far but we already love her (for her utilitarian & reliable ways).

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Love my Element

by Rahn from Nothern Indiana | October 25, 2011

I traded a 2009 Element in on this 2011 and it's actually the same exact car but I loved the 2009 too. When I heard 2011 was going to be the last year for the Element, I traded my 2009 in earlier than I had planned because I wanted to have an Element as long as possible. They have been GREAT little vehicles. My wife and I use the car on weekends for Geocaching and love it. I basically live out of the car. The storage is great and for a small car riding in the back seat is even actually comfortable (I'm 6'3") and I love the front seat headroom and space, no more claustrophobia. Also, I live in northern Indiana so the car has been through all kinds of weather and has handled everything well. I've owned a number of Jeeps in the past and tell people it reminds me of my Jeeps except it's comfortable, warm, quiet, and doesn't rust out in a years time. My only complaint would be I wish the gas mileage were a little better but it's not exactly an aerodynamic design. Too bad Honda has decided to discontinue them. (Honda are you nuts?)

Excellent Vehicle

by 2011 Honda Element AWD EX from Boise, ID | May 1, 2011

It is really to bad the Element is going out of production. This is one of the most well designed vehicles made. The ease of access and a great driving position are excellent. A great view the surroundings. I know this will last for many years. This is my 4th Honda dating back to 1977. Due to having back issues I had to make a decision on the vehicle I can drive. I had to sale my 08 2dr red EX coupe. She was a little low to the ground and harder to access. I am not a spring chicken so access had developed into a potential future problem. That's one of the many reasons I chose this Element. To many good uses to list. Good choice.

Functional Reliability

by Mal Man from Arlington, Texas | April 16, 2011

Had my Element since August 2010. Bought it primarily to transport my two 125 pounds each dogs in the back with a large crate. The crate fits in there perfectly with the seats folded up to the sides. Love the cargo space! Miss my armrest that I had in my Accord though, corners have to be taken slowly, straight line handling and comfort is good. I have the LX model, really like the flooring instead of the carpet. Gas mileage is okay for the power to weight ratio. Overall I love my Element, it is kind of like me, not too stylish with a lot of frills, but reliable and efficient.

The BEST

by Hauler from Bucyrus, Ohio | April 4, 2011

I used to trade in my cars every 2 years but I have had my Element for 6 1/2 years. It is the best car I have ever had. I can't believe all that you can do with it. The versatile cargo area is my favorite part. I like to do my own hauling of garden supplies or other large purchases and I can with ease. Maintenance is easy and I feel very safe while driving. If I can't replace, when the time comes, with another Element I don't know what I'll do.

Box on Wheels!!!

by MondoHonda from Cleveland, Ohio | March 22, 2011

Super practical and flexible interior. Can be used as a passenger car but it can haul bulky stuff like a cargo van. Super spacious but the weight limitations are on the low side. This vehicle is the best of both worlds. Honda dependability and everyday usability. Decent gas mileage with AWD security in bad weather. A few negatives include low ground clearance, severe blind spots (could use bigger mirrrors) and the sometimes awkward rear "suicide" doors. I would have liked heated seats which were not an option. There is no interior release for the rear hatch, that would 've been a nice feature.

Excellent Design

by Architect from Princeton | February 27, 2011

I purchased my Element in 2003. I have driven it over 217,000 worry free miles. I am in the process of purchasing another one. My only disappointment is that Honda has decided to no longer manufacturer the Element.

Elemental Perfection

by Honda E-tastic from Texas | February 25, 2011

The Element isn't for everyone, and sadly, Honda is now deciding they aren't for anyone - production ends in April 2011. That said, it's hard to find someone who has an Element that isn't pleased with it. If you need one of the most usable, versatile, reliable vehicles around, you need an Element. If you need a cushy, luxurious, high-tech, family hauler - forget the Element. I own two, and they are perfect college bound cars. They are safe, efficient and retain their value well. With the bullet-proof 2.4L Honda drivetrain they are a cheaper way into long-term Honda living. Ours are easy to maintain, easy to drive, and should be around a long time.

Featured Services for this Honda Element