2007 Honda Fit

33 city / 38 hwy

Overall

140K and Still Good As New

by icollins from Neola, IA | February 26, 2015

I bought this car back in 2011 with 44,000 miles. The sole purpose of the purchase was to modify and track it. Therefore, since that day I have abused this little economy car to the max, constantly red lining. It now has 140K and the only maintenance performed has been oil changes, tires, brakes, and replacement of the manual transmission mount. It is also surprisingly super roomy. I was able to put my entire Snap-On tool box in the back with room for extra cargo! The only thing that bothers me about this vehicle is the extremely thin carpet. But that will not hold me back from recommending it to anyone.

Super Versatile

by JK from Long Beach, CA | August 12, 2014

I was looking for a hatchback with tons of cargo space, great gas mileage, and great reliability ratings. My other car is a 96 Civic hatch. I absolutely love that car, but needed AC, and some cruise control in my life. The Fit was the next best thing. I've owned it for 2 weeks and I enjoy driving it. It fulfills everything on my list. Right now, I'm not getting the MPG I was hoping for, but it might be due to the oil the VW dealership has used (5W-30 instead of the 5W-20 it should have). If I can get this Fit to the mid 30s I would love it more. Right now we're in the high 20s.

rock-solid economy car

by Aeroplane from Connecticut | May 10, 2013

Just a stupid-good car. We bought a very lightly used 2007 in 2010 for roughly what a new Kia costs; this was the first car we'd ever spent a significant amount of money on. Totally worth it. Having now (2013) put over 100,000 miles on it, the only costs have been tires, brake pads, wipers, and fluids. Mechanics: rock solid, fast steering feels like you are driving a MUCH sportier car. I imagine a manual would really be fun. It's slightly underpowered (tends to bog down on hills), but it's an economy car, so that comes with the territory. Interior: Perfectly adequate. There are some creaks and groans occassionally, but again, comes with the territory. No adjustable delay on the wipers is kind of a pain, but everything else is intuitive and great. Truly amazing cargo space and flexibility for such a small car; we have gone to the airport with 3 adults, a toddler in car seat, and associated cargo for a week-long vacation, everything fit (2 checked bags, 2 large carryons, and about 5 full backpacks/totes included). The only real beef I have with the design is that the battery is undersized. It's a golf-cart battery, not a real car battery, and easily gives up the ghost after a long cold spell. If you can get one with a block heater though, I'd imagine that goes away.

100K +

by Still Happy in SLO from California | April 7, 2013

I bought this car new in 2007, because it was the only subcompact car with favorable ratings from both Consumer Reports and Car and Driver. I loved it from day 1, and have taken it over 100,000 miles. This car was hit by by 1960's mustang (all steel) and the front crumple zone did a great job protecting me and my precious cargo, my three year old son. The storage is great. I even fit a kitchen sink in the back! So, far, this car has needed nothing but oil, tires, and brakes. My only negative comments are the less than stellar AC, which has a hard time keeping up in warmer cities, and the small gas tank. I hope to keep this another 100K.

@007 Honda Fit Sport

by Honda Fit Enthusiast from Chesapeake, VA | February 20, 2012

Bought this vehicle used in Dec 2011. So far, very nice. It has after-market 17" wheels which I will replace when tires need replacing (don't care for low profile). I am avg about 32 mpg. I use this vehicle for work (70 miles round trip). Fun to drive, handles excellent.

2007 Honda Fit Sport Manual

by jes_ma from Chelmsford, MA | January 17, 2012

Everything is good about this first year Honda Fit except the rear doors. I have had just routine maintenance (and two recalls) but the rear doors have both failed in the locked condition. This has cost me $1,000 at Honda dealers to have fixed and not a peep from Honda. I would say 6% of vehicle initial sales price for mechanical hardware fixes (latches were rusted out) is not a good thing! This vehicle has been garaged every since I owned it and has 40,000 miles.

Just what I thought it would be

by papercarver from Newbury, MA | November 22, 2011

This car is a little trooper which is MUCH MUCH bigger inside than it appears from the outside. I wish the gas mileage was better (I'm getting 35-40 mpg), but otherwise a terrific car.

Great Little Car

by legal22 from Houston, TX | June 6, 2011

Purchased my 2007 Honda Fit with only 25,000 miles. It's my first Honda. Gas mileage is good, but power is a little underwhelming.

my first car and I love it.

by First time car owner from Virginia | May 13, 2011

Awesome first car. Id suggest you get the sport package. My only complaint is that it only has a 10gallon gas tank. Still love it though.

love my fit

by citcat89 from seattle wa | March 28, 2011

I love my fit so much. It is so roomy. I have not found a single thing that does not fit into my fit. I had my 4 giant dogs in it, with room to spare. The car is super comfy and is great on mpgs. The only thing is that it is a little bumpy ride and you can hear the engine, but just turn the radio up and you will have an amazing ride.....

Featured Services for this Honda Fit