2008 Honda Fit

28 city / 34 hwy

Overall

The Honda Fit 2008

by kava from Stevensville, MT | May 10, 2014

We bought our Fit at 8,000 and now have 100,000. We are from Montana and have traveled every where and lived in a tent in Arizona for over a month. The Fit can really haul so many things. We bought and sold furniture in St. George, UT and delivered furniture when other vehicles could not fit the items in them. The magic seats are awesome! We usually get an average of 32-36 miles per gallon and have gotten up to 46 miles on long distance drives with the right gasoline. The only problem we have had with the car was the drivers door lock. I could not use a key to get the door unlocked after about 70,000 miles and so bought a remote at Best Buy and had them install it .Now I just push the unlock button and no problem.. It was much cheaper than Honda trying to mess around and charge more than what we paid at Best Buy. ..around $159 or so. I have the Base model without remote.and now have the Best Buy Remote that works perfect! Even though the car is low to the ground it does great in the snow with front wheel drive. Must be careful with clearance!

2008 Honda Fit Sport aka: Misf1t

by Misf1t from White, Georgia | November 10, 2011

We just love our 2008 Honda Fit Sport. ~ We have not had ANY trouble with it at all so far and we also love all the room it has. ~ For a small car it has more room than you'd ever believe!! We got about 34 mpg on the hwy. when it is FULLY loaded down for a long road trip that we too recently, We drove over 2000 miles RT and we were very comfortable the entire trip!! None of our friends and family could believe everything we got into our FIT. ~ Guess that's why they call it a FIT?? ;)

A good fit for your walllet

by Matt from Washington DC | May 24, 2011

I bought a higher mileage Fit a few months ago and was surprised at the actuall interior room for a car that look tiny on the outside. I'm averaging about 37 mpg in varying traffic in the Washington DC area which is absolutely awesome. If you are big on styling in a car this is probably not your vehicle but if you like a practical, economical and surprisingly quick subcompact then this is a great buy.

Sports Car Enthusiast

by Sports Car Enthusiast from North Carolina | December 13, 2010

I just love the vehicle. Several complints I had to get the break seal light on the real hatch fixed, recall in the door fixed. Over all, its a gem! I will most likely keep buying this vehicle.

One of the best small practical car!

by ER guy from Cleveland | October 28, 2010

I bought the 2008 Honda Fit Sport with 5 speed manual transmission new. It is one of the best small car in my opinion: price is affordable, it is fully loaded (AC, ABS, PL, PW, Power steering, radio with CD and MP3 input), great gas mileage (33 mpg average, and 47 mpg straight highway). I can seat 5 people, and there are a big trunk space thanks to the smart seat design. I do not have any problems since I owned the car. It is a very reliable car. Only complain that I have is too much wind and road noise. So do not forget it is a economic car.

Good Work Car

by gas saver from Hollywood, FL | February 19, 2010

I've owned a 2008 Fit for seven months and driven it 10,000 miles mostly for work. Fuel economy is very good. I drive both city and highway every fillup and average about 33 to 34 mpgs. The Fit handles well and is comfortable for normal everyday driving, but a bit uncomfortable for day long drives. Some issues I have with it that keeps me from rating it a five star, brakes are very touchy and I still haven't gotten used to them, gas tank only holds 10.7 gallons and the pump always shuts off early. I can always get between one and two gallons of gas into the tank after the initial shutoff. Problem is the pump shuts off repeatedly during that time. Something with the design of the gas tank. Also the small tank causes just as many stops on a long trip as a gas guzzler with a bigger tank. The car rides rough, even for a small car. No problem on a smooth road, but anywhere there is a bumpy road you will feel it. I recommend this car for driving around town, mileage is great, but I would look elsewhere if you will frequently be on the road for long trips.

fit for the new generation

by mandmfarms from stantonville,tn | January 21, 2010

we bought our vivid blue pearl fit a few weeks ago.it was a one owner car with 25000 miles on it.we love everything about the gas sipping car except for its bumpy ride but we think that if we put four new wider performance tires on it that will fix the problem.we get an average of 33 mpg in town and city,we should get near 38 on the highway.we got rid of a dodge ram quad cab that was getting around 14 mpg in town and 16 on highway.we can haul just about everything in our fit.our fit is the base with at.the blue dashlights are great and the sound system will blow your mind.buy a honda fit and you will be glad you did as you pass all of those service stations with the gas hogs lined up in them.

All good things

by Biz_Markie from | November 24, 2009

Really fun car - 5-speed manual is among the best I've ever driven, great handling, not exactly fast but fun to rev the VTEC. A blast to drive on back roads, because it's so light and the steering is so responsive. Has been reliable over 20K miles with great MPG (about 40 MPG average around town). Definitely more at home around town than on the highway, would not recommend for long trips (esp. without cruise control, which mine doesn't have). Interior has lots of space and flexibility, really awesome for hauling lots of stuff. Only downside is that it looks a little dinky, especially without the Sport package. Overall, a fun car that won't cost you much to buy, fill up, or maintain. Very pleased.

Versatile, fun, and safe

by Katja from NC from Durham County, NC | October 31, 2009

I had always driven a standard transmission car but, when it came time for my daughter to learn how to drive, it was obvious we needed an automatic. Since I have only one vehicle and live in the country I looked for one that could carry bulky things in addition to being efficient to drive. The Fit is my 4th or 5th Honda and is as reliable as all the others. In addition it handles nicely--very agile, holds the road on sharp turns, and really good pickup at stop lights. The paddle shifters are fantastic for shifting down on downhills rather than braking. Reconfiguring the car to carry stuff is fun and easy: I have carried a big flat HD TV and I have carried bunches of boxes to help my daughter move into her new apartment. The outside is clean and zippy, the controls are well laid out with nice blue halos on the dash gauges, and there is a place to power small electronics. The only caveat I have is that, because of the ample headroom, the car is high and that can be a problem in high winds.

It Fits

by Pathman from Whiting Vt. | May 2, 2009

I bought a 2009 Fit Sport with auto transmission 10 days ago. So far I am very pleased with the car. It is NOT perfect by any means but at this price point it is a fine little go kart! First the not so strong points. The power with the automatic is adequate but you wont be running away from any Evos! The interior fabrics and plastics are not on a par with Civic or Accord, but again at this price point they are ok. The ride is firm and at times a bit jiggly over broken pavement but on the positive side it hangs flat and tight on corners and you can dodge potholes like crazy, its like think it and you are there! Stereo is good, 160 watts, and it has an auto volume feature that raises the volume as the road noise increases. The back seats have some cute tricks too. They fold up off the floor giving a nice deep storage space for those potted petunias your wife wants! There is also a "secret" compartment in the bottom of the drivers side back seat to store stuff in. Gas mileage is great. I am getting 40 plus mpg according to the bar graph readout on the odometer, well above the EPA highway rating of 33 mpg. The front seats are supportive and comfortable. I have plenty of room and I am a big guy, 6ft 1 and 350 pounds. Finally I really like the styling of the 09 model. A sharp looker for sure!