2012 Honda Fit

27 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Great New Car

by Honda Fan from | July 23, 2014

I love my new Honda Fit, I've owned it for only two weeks, but it's super comfortable, spacious and drives smooth. I get great gas mileage and love driving it!

I would recommend purchasing a 2012 Honda Fit Base

by Lilly from Portland OR | March 17, 2014

I have owned a 2012 Honda Basic Fit for 2 1/2 yrs. I love this car. Get from 26 to 33 MPG. I live where there are many hills, so this is good mileage. I like there is enough room in the back, I could sleep and room to transport lots of items. The only complaint I have, is when raining and I have the heat on, the windows fog.

Love My Fit!

by A Fit Fan from Ann Arbor, MI | February 12, 2014

I love my Fit. It's perfect for me - zippy, great handling, easy to get around, roomy, flexible interior (able to fit my bike), great gas mileage.

Love this car

by Pro Fit from Pittsboro NC | August 12, 2013

I've wanted a Fit ever since Honda started making them. This is my 2nd (1st was unfortunately totaled in an accident) and I absolutely love it. It gets good gas mileage, and to be such a small car, it has loads of room. The back seats fold up if you need to haul something tall, and they fold down if you need more space in the trunk. And I love the color--blue raspberry. Great car--I heartily recommend it.

Cool Cooper color

by jaminjo from Irvine, CA | April 5, 2013

Two complaints: I am not sure the transmission is working correctly - it seems unresponsive at times and going too high (rev) at times when accelerating Also the auto lock function is something you will need to be careful about. - I did not push the lock button on my key and when I was at a gas station, I took the keys out of the ignition and threw them on the seat and started to fill up the tank - the door closed and locked within 5 minutes - omg, no keys, no cell - I was at the mercy of the people at the gas station to get them out

Honda Fit Sport is a Driving Delight!

by chaunceygal from Columbia, SC | February 8, 2013

Very roomy for a compact car. Great gas mileage. Comfortable & a joy to drive around town and on long trips. Good visibility all around. Fantastic maneuverability is handy in parking. Gobs of room in the back seat area. Fits my 6'3" husband fine in front and back. Extra cup holders in front and back. Dashboard is very nice to look at and easy controls for everything. Gobs of space for cargo & travel. Love the back seat ability to fold absolutely flat or fold the seat bottom straight up for carrying something tall. If you need compact versatility and good gas mileage without sacrificing comfort for yourself or passengers, this is a great choice.

great milage

by newowner from texas | December 23, 2012

35 miles to the gal. is the worst of 4 tanks of gas. Up to 38 miles on one tank of gas. Missing center armrest. The option was $300+ I wish I had one. Will add one soon.

Great Little Car

by Red Fit from West of Boston | December 13, 2012

I have had my 2012 fit sport for about six months now and I thought I'd give my opinion. For years I drove a big powerful SUV and I decided I wanted to downsize for a smaller more fuel-efficient vehicle. I chose a new 2012 fit sport automatic transmission. I read a lot of reviews on it and it seemed like a great little car that was very flexible in cargo capability. It has a very small engine and as you drive it you can feel it is peppy but it doesn't have a lot of horsepower and torque. The interior design of the fit is absolutely ingenious. It has what it what is called a magical rearseat that flips up to carry tall objects or you can fold the rear seat back down completely and you have a very large open space to carry cargo. I think the fit could carry more cargo than any small car in its class easily. On the outside the fit looks pretty small but when you get inside it it feels rather roomy. The gas mileage on the fit is really good but I feel that a car the small should get a little bit better gas mileage, although I am happy with it. It drives well, handles well, and overall I am very happy with it. There is only one con I will bring up. After reading all these reviews here on this site I am surprised I have not read anybody commenting on this issue, ROAD NOISE. As far as road noise goes this is the noisy as car I have ever owned and in the past yes I have owned some small economy cars but none with the road noise that the fit has. If road noise bothers you and you are considering a new fit I suggest you take this car for a long test ride by yourself, both on secondary roads and on the highway to see what you think about the road noise. When I went on my test drive the salesman sitting next to me made sure the stereo was on so I wouldn't hear the full extent of the road noise. Other than the road noise I think the fit is a great little car.

Pretend it's a sports car

by Pretend its a sportscar from Richmond, VA | November 19, 2012

In 10 weeks I have driven 8000 miles...that is right!! The first night put on 450 miles and it got 39.7 miles to the gallon!! I calculate the gas mileage myself, do not rely on the gage. I find it gets between 34 and 39 regularly. Obviously I drive a lot both highway and "city" by southern VA's standards; not sit and wait traffic as some might drive. My only complaint is that I went to the emergency room thinking I had kidney stones..I now realize it is back pain from the seats. They do not have many options for adjustment. I just got the oil changed and was shocked at the price of an oil change for the synthetic blend. Gotta say, I love this car...except for the comfort.

Great car

by BB from | October 14, 2012

Looks little on the outside but seems big and roomy on the inside and very fun to drive - very peppy and good fuel economy.