2013 Honda Fit

See Photos & Videos

Overall

kayaking and biking

by patty z from mountaintop, PA | April 18, 2014

just bought; time will tell. impressed with gas mileage and acceleration. can fit my 8 ft kayak right in without roof rack with magic seats; will be getting a hitch for bike rack ready to camp. cannot answer reliability until i have had awhile.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

City driver

by Scaperbill from Rockford, il | April 6, 2014

I'm 57 years old and have had A LOT of cars and trucks. I bought my Fit new, mostly at my son's urging. A subcompact was certainly a radical departure for me but I was sick sick sick of spending money at the pumps. I love this car. It took a little getting used to, but after a year and a half of mostly city driving I'm a big fan. My purchase price was reasonable, mileage is great, I've come to enjoy driving a standard trans again, and I'm driving more aggressively than I have in years. This car just makes sense for someone who runs a lot of errands and lives in a big city.

A great little hatchback

by Happy to have one from | April 3, 2014

My Fit is very basic inside - no bells or whistles - but I love it. It is very "peppy", meaning it accelerates well (maybe I'm just used to my 10 year old car's acceleration). My personal favorite is the window space - it lets in plenty of light! As I've read in other comments, there really is a surprising amount of space considering how small it looks on the outside. The cabin is a little bit noisy, but the speakers have nice volume. Also, the dashboard controls are solid and large so you don't feel like you're fumbling all over the place to turn off the heat while looking at the road.

Thought I'd love a Fit but…….

by No nickname from Annapolis, Md | March 15, 2014

There are many positives--handling; amount of room in a small car; seat configurations for loads; reliability. But my love affair with the car blinded me from a more thorough look prior to purchase. The dash top has a terrible glare on the windshield when car faces the sun; mileage frankly is terrible for such a small engine (have automatic trans); the speedometer dial is hard to read when car is headed into sun (it is a red dial on a black surface); and, lack of bluetooth. Most of all, the latest IHS crash tests are very disappointing. There is a lot to like and it's a good deal for the buck but the 2015 model is probably the one to get.

Fit still rules

by viggen from Boston | March 6, 2014

Leased two '13 Fit Sports. Considered waiting a few months for the redesigned '15, but couldn't wait. Fit Sport incredibly roomy, practical, lots of thought went into the interior -- it's funky, but lots of innovation. Handling is shockingly good -- direct steering, firm but comfortable ride, corners flat. I typically drive manual trans, but with low inventories, had to settle for automatics. Bottom line, performance good, sport mode good, paddle shifters a blast. Outstanding value...

Average,but reliable

by fitbuyer2013 from Los Angeles, CA | March 2, 2014

I bought my Fit in 2013 - traded in a Civic to get something more 'fun.' The styling is definitely nicer, and the color options are great. The interior (front) is quite roomy, but the back is very cramped for adults. Although there are a few dozen cupholders it's actually short on storage space (no center console in my model) and the dash compartments are tiny. Good on gas, but not as good as the Civic; the Civic was better and could go longer between fill-ups. Worst thing is how slow it is; I mean VERY SLOW. I knew it wouldn't be fast, but you can hear every single acceleration and that isn't cool. I don't think it's my forever car, but it's ok for now. The inside is your basic cheap plastic materials too.

Nice car for the money

by Syberchick70 from Beckley, WV | February 13, 2014

We have a 2012 Honda Fit with very low mileage. The car is comfortable to drive, although it feels a bit 'top heavy' when cornering at moderate speeds and very skittish in the snow (although that could be due to the low resistance tires the vehicle comes equipped with). The car gets great gas mileage, easily meeting and exceeding the EPA ratings. The car encourages you to pay attention to your driving habits and focus more on economical driving styles. The automatic feels slightly under powered compared to the Subaru Impreza I've been driving, both vehicles have an automatic transmission. There is a good bit of road noise when driving. This might be partly due to the fact that our car was apparently in a fairly hard accident, then repaired, before we purchased it. Be cautious about purchasing cars from North Coast Auto Mall in Bedford, Ohio, btw. They did not tell us the extent of the damage before we purchased the car and we probably would not have made the purchase if we had known. Otherwise, we're pretty happy with it. It's a decent, economical car and supposed to be very reliable. It's comfortable enough for long trips, has good storage space and reasonably priced.

wonderful car

by normal driver from Pottsboro, Texas | January 31, 2014

This is a wonderful car. This the 2nd fit we've owned, and I wouldn't consider buying a different model. You get value for your money. Whether going on long trips or just scooting around town, the fit is comfortable and nimble.

Good value

by wonderer from Blacksburg, VA | January 26, 2014

I have owned this car for almost one year. Comfort: The 1st row seat is good. The second row - a little cramped, and too small for 3 adults. Performance: Slow acceleration. Exterior Styling: OK in my mind. Interior Design: OK. The cabin materials don't look cheap. Value for the Money: It is a good buy for a small family. Large cargo room if the 2nd row seats are folded. Reliability: So far so good.

Honda Fit

by Bridge from Columbia, SC | January 9, 2014

My reliability rating is meaningless as I have less than 500 miles...so far so good. My driving is 65 % city which means the car is perfect for the city drives. The engine provides a peppy ride for city driving The hauling capacity (groceries, lawn materials etc. is very surprising with the back seats down. It has performed well on my only interstate trip. It will attain/hold 70 mph without problem. For a subcompact car I consider it a great little car.