2013 Honda Fit

27 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Great car!

by New Fit owner from Des Plaines, IL | June 23, 2014

I have owned my fit for a month now and i'm very happy for it. The gas mileage for suburban driving is around 36-38 MPG, I'm able to fit my bikes inside with no problems and it's really fun to take to the drive in with the hatchback up. It handles very well, very maneuverable. I previous owned a Toyota Corolla, so I'm used to the road noise and acceleration which is not bad. I would highly recommend a Fit to anyone.

Best new car I have owned

by Honda enthusiast from Las Vegas Nevada | June 10, 2014

This car is more comfortable than Toyota Yarris. Feels safer and moresolid than other cars in same clsss. I just love it.

Great little car

by Best fit from Panama City, Florida | June 7, 2014

NI have a 2009 sport model...purchased new and have about 57k miles....I keep up all required maintenance. Drives smooth and quiet and I get from 30 to 33 mpg in city driving. Absolutely no problems with this car!

Great little car

by Alabasterfit from Cheyenne, WY | June 6, 2014

I am a car guy, always have been and let me tell you I love my new 2013 Honda Fit Sport with the manual transmission. I was looking for a car that was reliable, fuel efficient, FUN, manual trans, and had some interior space. This car "Fits" every one of my wants/needs. I cross-shopped this with the Scion xD and while I liked the exterior and the head unit in the scion better, overall the Fit is far superior. It has much more room, better quality materials, a much better manual transmission, and a longer track record. I am a big guy at 6'2" and 300lbs and I fit into this car just fine and have plenty of hip, shoulder, head, and legroom. The magic seat in the back is a great feature and makes the interior very flexible. I got a fantastic deal on a new 2013 with 0.9% financing which is why i pulled the trigger instead of waiting on the new 2015 Fit. The new car is undoubtedly more plush and better appointed but I didn't want to have to wait on one (there are 0 dealers in my area that even have a manual 15 fit coming in yet), I didn't want to sacrifice cargo space with the new model, and with the great financing offer and a price well below invoice on my 13 Sport it was just too good to pass up. I got the Alabaster silver metallic and it is one sharp looking little car. I was originally worried about having only 117hp, but after driving it on the freeway here in Wyoming I found out pretty fast how well the car is geared and can handle itself just fine. I had a Suzuki SX4 previously with about 150hp and it felt far slower than the Fit. So far my only gripe is with the sport seat fabric. It is a fuzz/hair magnet! So some seat covers will be in my future I believe. Other than that I am just having fun and enjoying the car. Si far my average mpg is 34.8 with mixed city/freeway driving and I am stoked. We will be driving this little beauty from Cheyenne to Seattle and back this summer and I have no worries about the car on the trip. My wife has never liked to drive manual cars, I've always had them and she never wants to drive them. However this car has such a great 5 speed she has been driving it on her own with confidence and that for her is huge! If you're considering a Fit, drive it, you won't be disappointed!

Love this Fit

by Fit for the Fit man from South Carolina | May 19, 2014

Been driving my 2013 Fit now for a few hundred miles and I love it. Though this is my first "new" car ever, so maybe I am being generous in my review, but I love this car. Many have said the Fit is under-powered and I say they are high! I have the automatic trans and I feel this car has some very good get up and go, sure it's faster with the AC off and if you also take off the traction control, but even with those on I feel the car has plenty of power. The Fit also has good easy to look at dials, I just have the base model. Good stereo, I really like the USB port for my mp3 files via memory stick. There is a big blind spot on the drivers side window, but if you buy one of those small mirrors to attach onto the driver mirror it makes a ton of difference. The car handles very well, steers good and easy, rides smooth. The only draw back I can see is when I look under the hood, just seems like it would be hard to work on it, the spark plugs are located behind the engine in the rear, looks like you'd change them blind. The over all motor looks very tight and everything crammed in there, but if this lives up to the Honda name, that will be a mute point. Over all I love the 2013 Fit! The new 2015 Fit will have more horsepower but its also being made for the first time in Mexico, not sure how good that will work out, this baby was made and assembled in Japan.

2nd Fit and still satisfied

by Dog Taxi from Chicago | May 17, 2014

I had a 2010 Fit that we purchased new for my wife. The requirements were that it need to be low enough that she could drive her 93 year old mother to the store and the seats had to fold absolutely flat in order to haul the two large basset hounds around. The low stance was also needed for the basset hounds. This turned out to be the perfect choice. Last month my son's work car, a 98 Monte Carlo died and since he has a 75 mile commute each day to work I sold him the 2010 Fit with only 44K miles, He got a great deal, and we purchased a new 2013 Fit. They haven't really changed much since 2010 and I knew the 2015's had some major changes a couple of these changes I don't really think are improvements at least for how we use the car. They are moving the rear seats back for more leg room, but cutting into the storage behind the rear seats, not good for the dogs. They are changing to CVT which gives a bit more mileage but is much nosier, I know i have a CVT Nissan. Finally they are going to push button start which my wife doesn't like. So with all this in mind the 2013 was the best choice. Also due to the redesign for the 2015 model they are making some very good deals on the remaining 2013's. We have about 1K on the new Fit and it is basically identical to the old one. Hope to keep this one 10 years.

A very surprising buy!!

by drblk from Minneapolis, MN | May 13, 2014

We were all ready to buy a five speed Kia Soul. We did the research and made our decision: We're buying a Soul!! When we went to a local dealer to test drive the Soul, he had a five speed Honda Fit there too that was in our price range. So we test drove the Fit just to "get it over with" and fell in love with it. Surprisingly roomy. Surprisingly peppy to drive. And surprisingly fun! We did drive the Soul and found it kind of plain and gutless. We bought the Fit that night and have loved it ever since! The last two tanks of mix driving (70% highway 30% city) we've been getting 36-39 mpg. We've had the car a couple of months and it's our daily driver and we love it!!

Handsom and cheap

by larryb from washington state | May 7, 2014

Its new and only has 71 miles on it. It's handsom comfortable even for big people ( I'm 6'4' ) and no problem. It weighs 2500 lbs, and is perfect. I hope.

Uses car for Towing

Goes and goes and goes.....

by Gleggley from Portland, OR | May 3, 2014

I am a medical courier. I bought my Fit in August of 2012. As of today, May, 2014 I have just under 90,000 miles on it. I do varied type of driving, some days all highway, some days all city driving. Since purchasing this car new I have averaged about 33 MPG. It will hold a lot of cargo quite easily. Some of the couriers I work with have Ford Escapes and can't fit near as much in those as I do in the Fit. I have stayed with the maintenance recommendations from Honda and have not had even one problem with this car, just regular maintenance. I know another courier that has a 2007 Fit with 370,000 miles and has replaced the coil packs and one front wheel bearing in all that time. I recently moved a friend from Oregon to Iowa. We packed all his non furniture belongings into the Fit. I drove out and back and averaged just under 1,000 miles per day. My friend is tall and big and had plenty of room for extended hours for two days of driving. I can't say enough good about this car. It is not fancy, but extremely comfortable and serviceable for it's design. Sure, a luxury car is smoother and quieter, a sporty car will go faster, but not many cars will do what they were designed to do so well.

kayaking and biking

by patty z from mountaintop, PA | April 18, 2014

just bought; time will tell. impressed with gas mileage and acceleration. can fit my 8 ft kayak right in without roof rack with magic seats; will be getting a hitch for bike rack ready to camp. cannot answer reliability until i have had awhile.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)