The subcompact Honda Fit competes with the Hyundai Accent, Scion xD and Toyota Yaris. It serves as Honda's entry-level model but has an aggressive design that Honda describes as "super-forward aero-form." A versatile, configurable interior is one of the Fit's highlights, and it has room for up to five people.
The all-electric Honda Fit EV is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2013
The Fit sees no major changes for 2013.
To account for the base of the windshield being several inches farther forward, Honda incorporated a large sail-shaped window into each A-pillar that visually extends the side windows forward of the front doors. It's a peculiar look, but it improves visibility. Exterior features include:
- Standard 15-inch steel wheels with covers
- Optional 16-inch alloy wheels
- Sport models have a body kit, rear roof spoiler and fog lights
- Body-colored side mirrors
The Fit is large on the inside for such a small car. Interior features include:
- 60/40-split folding rear seat
- Rear backrests can be left upright and the bottom cushion raised to provide a large, vertical space for tall items
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Standard cruise control
- Standard CD stereo with MP3 jack and USB port
- Optional leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
The Fit's 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine makes 117 horsepower and 106 pounds-feet of torque. Mechanical features include:
- Front-wheel drive
- Uses regular gas
- Standard five-speed manual transmission
- Optional five-speed automatic, with steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles on Sport trim level
The Fit employs Honda's Advanced Compatibility Engineering, a body structure designed to engage the crumple zones of taller vehicles optimally in a collision. Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Active front head restraints
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Curtain airbags that cover the side windows, front and rear
- Electronic stability system with traction control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Honda Fit.
Asking Price Range