2001 Honda Insight

Available in 2 styles:  2001 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Love my new commuter!

by Heatherp768 from Lynnwood, WA | November 1, 2013

Just bought a used Honda Insight. Plenty of room for a tall girl like myself, feels like a sports car when driving, and gets over 50mpg! Took it to Honda for a diagnostic and look over, and at 211,000 it is in great shape. I am looking forward to putting another 200,000 miles in this car! Save my SUV for when I really need it. Very happy with my "new" car!!

A hidden gem among sub-compacts

by countryjeep from Mobile, AL | June 30, 2013

My 2001 Honda Insight currently has 178,000 miles and a battery that was replaced under warranty all the way back in 2007. I'm the umpteenth owner of this little Insight that has been handed off multiple times for multiple reasons, but I am here to say that not only is this one of the most reliable vehicles, one of the more comfortable sub-compacts, and one of the most unique looking cars on the road, but it is also what it is: the world's most fuel-efficient gasoline-electric hybrid to date -- I average right between 58mpg and 65mpg between city and highway travel. And with a 120-mile round-trip work commute, I honestly need it. It's never once let me down, and what failures that I have encountered (such as a bad idler wheel) have given me warning before completely failing (e.g. a very loud and distinct roar when the idler wheel was going out). This is the ultimate work commute vehicle and long-distance traveler, and even after being swapped around so much with no previously known service records (save one well-kept receipt for the battery replacement), it's still running like a champ. Suffice it to say that I've been caring for it as much as possible since I purchased it.

2001 Honda Insight 5 spd

by Doug from Phila, PA | June 25, 2013

High winds and high water the only concerns with this car. Icredible combination of gas mileage and responsive performance. Has been extremely reliable, and durable. Looks good and is very comfortable. Can't figure why they stopped making them.

a well kept secret

by Oldie but goody from Sacramento County, California | June 14, 2011

All show, no talk - delivers economy while hunkering down with a sports car feel with over 110,000 miles. A well kept secret.

Nice little commuter

by SilverBullet from Cottonwood AZ | May 15, 2011

I fail to see why they can’t design an automobile in 2011 that mirrors the Insight line of 2001 thru 2006 in efficiency. This is old technology beats any thing out there, If you can find one with low miles, get it. I use it for too and from work 82 miles a day, over mountians averages 57.8 mpg

2001-2006 Honda Insight Fan

by 2001-2006 honda Insight Fan from Los Angeles, CA ( City of Glendale) | March 3, 2011

Great Car, Good Value, Great gaz mileage Pretty simple and easy car Futuristic looks, conversation piece Very reliable, great commuter car Powerful enough to leave GT's and Mustangs trailing behind Quiet drive, easy to maintain Great everyday car/commuter car

Do i see 52mpg average?!

by Big Insight Fan from California | September 7, 2008

This was my first highschool car and boy was i lucky! We found one cheap enough and we bought it. I am now 18 years olds 6"2' and 399pounds and it is hard to drive in it now with me taking up more than one seat(sort of) =( and my belly on the wheel but when i could easily drive it it was fun to park!, sporty looking, always got the great gas mileage, and had plenty of horses on the highway when i took it. It is also very reliable but all hondas are!

Featured Services for this Honda Insight