2013 Honda Insight

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most Underrated Car

by From New Jersey from NJ | May 4, 2014

This car is the best kept secret out there. I have owned the car for a little over a year and have driven 35,000 miles. The car is solid, so far no rattles or unusual noises for the first 35k miles. Change the oil and put gas in it; that's it. Averaging 46mpg combined driving which exceeds the EPA testing. This car runs flawlessly Cost's about $4,500 less than a Prius.

Lost this Car!

by Pecocat from Indio, CA | February 4, 2014

I have only had my new/used 2011 Honda Insight since the first of December, (2 months) but I am totally sold on it. My last vehicle was a 1999 CR-V and loved it too. But I was looking for better gas mileage. #1 MUST for this car was it had to be a hatchback or wagon for my two small dogs. I made the right decision. I love everything about this car. It is zippier than I thought it would be; it feels like a sports car and very fun to drive. Love the gas mileage! The only downside is the light-colored gray seats. I scotchgarded, but pups' feet do get dirty. Guess I will have to get seat covers. Small price to pay for this awesome car!

45 mpg on my last drive!!! Love it!!a

by Honda lover from Southern California | January 2, 2014

My last Honda was the Accord EX, loved it but I drove 86,000 miles in 2 yrs! The Insight w/ the hybrid engine is great for all of the driving that I do. Moss Bros in MV was the 3rd dealership that I visited & they were great to deal with.

Excellent car for the price

by Gas Saver from East Tennessee | November 28, 2013

Comfortable, reliable, gas saving monster. Beautiful styling, it's a HONDA, they ROCK! They have the best customer satisfaction, safety stats and reliability. As a hybrid it is the best bang for the buck. If you are looking a hybrid (42 mph) this is the car for you.

Economical Smooth Ride ** Love This Car

by CAS from Vacaville, NY | October 1, 2013

I traded in my Prius for Honda Insight. Both Cars are excellent and have + / - I averaged 50 mpg with the Prius and 44 mpg with the Honda Insight. So I gave up 6 mpg for a smoother, quieter ride with better visual around the car. For this reason I would say the Honda insight is the better hybrid car. The interior of the Honda has very nice features and everything works flawlessly. I paid a much higher price for the Prius and I would say the quality of the material is similar in most cases. Note the Prius had leather and keyless entry. I do miss the keyless entry but not enough to go back to the Prius. I took the Honda on a road trip across country and have to say overall the Honda is more comfortable, handles better and I can see all around! Sporty economical ride - I am very happy!

Best overall experience with any car I've owned,

by Insight driving fool from Johns Creek, GA | June 9, 2013

Regardless of the wild swings in the price of gas, I had been looking for the best gas economy for a long time. I have often considered the Prius, but styling an price have always been two huge deterrents for me. I was intrigued by the Insight, but never really considered one. I don't think I ever saw one on the road, so I assumed that they were not a viable choice. The day I finally inquired about it, I drove away with the 2013 Insight EX. That was three months ago, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I have owned several Hondas (including the civic hybrid) and a Mazda 3. The insight has provided the best experience so far. First the obvious: gas mileage is out of the charts! My combined city/highway is consistently 47 MPG! Next is the interior features such as the Bluetooth, etc. It has everything I need and all I want. Next is the exterior, which normally suffers for the sake of gas mileage. In this case, I really like the sleek lines and the absolutely gorgeous blue color. The only thing I do not like is that the gas cap does not lock. This may become an issue if gas prices get to the point where crooks start stealing gas again. That's it for the negatives so far. I had to provide a rating on reliability but it is too early to tell. The car feels mechanically solid, but that could not mean anything in the long run. That said, none of my previous Hondas has proven to be problematic. My fingers are crossed that this car is able to live up to its expectations in that respect. I would recommend this car to any of my friends without reservations.

Great Mileage

by WV Insight from Shepherdstown, WV | May 20, 2013

Everything exceeded expectations especially the mileage. Only sore spots: No button ignition TPMS is a pain. Had to take it in 4 times to get the light to go off....doesn't like to stay off when the temp goes below 43 degrees.

mad to glad

by the husband from abedeen wa | March 11, 2013

I work at a Honda store and was in the market for a new car for my wife and I we have two small dogs and active life, I had told her its time to pick out a new car and the guidelines are under 30,000 and would prefer the car to be from the place I work but if its not that ok. I had figured she would do her research and we would be getting a Subaru and when she called and said I want a new 2011 insight here is why, all I could think about is how ugly 61000 miles later and an average of 47 mpg I fully respect her decision and am in love with this car 30.00 bucks to fill and it reads 441 miles great great choice she made