1995 Honda Odyssey

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Mini-van ever

by Honda Fan from NC | August 22, 2013

I now have 220,000mi on my 95 Odyssey. There's nothing wrong with it! Doesn't smoke, or burn oil. Just routine maintenance of wearable parts. I consistently get over 20mpg city and 28hwy, up to 30 if I stay under 70mph. My daughter has same vehicle with 325,000!! and same record. I just replaced the radiator and alternator for her. And no, it doesn't smoke or burn more than a quart every 5000 mi. That's it. No internal work. I'm looking for mine to go another 100,000. I challenge any NEW car dealer to show me a car with this much room that will get this mpg.!! Other than maybe a hybrid.

Engine Good, Suspension poor, etc

by Joey from | September 7, 2012

Granted the van has been put to good use. However, the inconvenience of the rear seat fold down and the shortness of the space for carrying bed frames and anything over 6 ft is annoying. The car's suspension is not so good. The engine seems great if you keep up the maintainance.

Super Families automobile

by Egerize from Kazakhstan, Almaty | December 20, 2010

This car is reliable, convenient and practical. Value for money - between 5 and 55:)). sorry for the emoticon. Suspension a bit weak. Me and my family are completely satisfied with the car. My car is AWD and has 7 seats, ran a 150 000 km, with the right wheel and I think he'll run another 150 000 km. Thanks to Honda's concern for this beautiful car.

Very reliable car!!!

by Rapid Roy from Plainfield, Ct | December 17, 2010

We've owned our 1995 Honda Odyssey Van since it was new, and it's still going strong with 267,000 on the clock. I sent a thank-you letter to Honda at 250,000 because I was pretty happy. I think that they're going to have to pry this van out of my cold, dead hands! It just keeps on running along!

95-97 Odyssey's Hard to Beat for Durability/Value

by Driven 2 over 200K from Franklin | December 31, 2009

I am on my 2nd 1995 EX. The first was totaled at 200K by a pizza delivery guy - a bummer given we had just done the timing belt, tuneup, new tires and ready to go for another 50K. Took the insurance money and bought the same vehicle with 80K on it in 2004 (after taking best parts/tires off original) Now has 260K on it. The engine is a tank and will not fail. Drive over 550 highway miles a week and consistently get 24-26 MPG. Very comfortable seating. Take the 2nd row buckets out and the van can haul almost anything. If you can get one gently used with under 130K on it you will still get's lots of miles. Front axels prone to fail, watch the oil seals, low torgue for hills, but those are minor issues!

Incredible mini-van

by Nifty Fifty from sacramento, CA | July 16, 2009

We bought this car with 92,000 miles and have since put on 130,000 trouble free miles. Still go tent camping regularly utilizing all available cargo space and roof rack. Bucket seats are extremely comfortable. Never owned a Honda before this and am now converted!

Great old Car

by venterce from Madison, CT | February 27, 2009

We just donated this car in 2007 after 12 good years. We actually replaced it with a 2005 Odyssey. It was very reliable. Also, this car was surprisingly great in bad weather (snow). I would definately recommend it.

Over 200k miles and still awesome

by Hondy Odyssey Lover from DFW, Texas | December 6, 2007

I bought this Odyssey from a friend whose family had outgrown it. It had 206k miles on it. We did a little work on the a/c and some tune up kinds of things and love it. It still gets its original gas mileage. We drive it everywhere including a recent trip to Florida. The cruise just died but that's about the biggest problem we've had which I can smile about. We plan to upgrade to a newer van next year but this one is already set to head off to another family because it has a lot of miles left on it. I love it!

Bulletproof!

by Hondalover from Plano, TX | March 25, 2007

We've had our Ody as the second owner for almost 6 years and have put over 100k miles on the vehicle. We now have almost 180k on the odometer, and havn't had to do anything major for maintenance, except change the oil. It cruises on long trips easily at 70mph, and just keeps going. An unbelievable piece of engineering.

Perfect van for the new century

by Odyssey man from Atlanta | May 26, 2006

The original Odyssey from Honda is probably the next great design to be brought out by the major manufactureres in the next few years. Mazda, Suzuki, etc. have already updated this formula. The Odyssey from 1995 to 1998 was a perfect sized, great handling vehicle. It consistently gets 23mpg in mixed driving. It is relatively quiet, great riding wagon/van that has proven to be incredibly reliable. I bought my 1996 Odyssey with close to 200k, and it now has close to 220k, with no mechanical issues. If you like Accords, don't look at those new post 1999 Odysseys. They have tansmission problems anyway. Do your wallet a favor and get the first generation Odyssey.

Featured Services for this Honda Odyssey