2001 Honda Odyssey

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

KEN THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by derrin from NJ | April 30, 2014

KEN is a great car dealer and person....this was my first visit to a car dealership and 1 I will continue to go to....this was my 1st car I ever bought on my own and he got me into a 2004 Honda odyssey for a 4.5 % interest rate!!!! Couldn't be more happier with my purchase and he really took care of me...helped me out with insurance and was a great over all person to work with....highly recommended to visit if your looking for a easy buying process and great cars....thanks again ken really do appreciate it

2001 Honda Odyssey

by Momoffour from Winston Salem, NC | February 11, 2014

This is a great vehicle for a great price. Dealer did a good job disclosing updates and mechanical maintenance.

transmission issues!

by confused honda buyer from Canton MA | November 6, 2013

I purchased this van used 4 years ago with a bad transmission. The transmission slipped and engine light illuminating. According to the prior owner Honda Indicated a new replacement was needed, a fluid change was done to no avail before it was sold to me and there were some other issues as well ( idle control motor and brakes) which are expected and were repaired a a reasonable parts cost and time was provided by myself. The largest problem ( the tranny ) I mostly cured with the addition of a oil cooler in the old line. Although bearing noise was evident and the damage was done, With this installed, I had few issues with shifting and only on occation did the engine light come on mostly on real cold days. and never when warmed up. 3 years past since and is now drivable but throws a transmission code every day and needs attention. I will just sell this as is because I no longer have the company this was used for. The Transmission problems are a mystery to me because of the genuine and obvious quality management and furthur, containment Honda continually shows. In my opinion, Honda dropped the ball with this one because high fluid temperatures but from what I read poor oiling mostly is to blame. that being said a volantary tweak of the design may have eliminated most issues. The fluid is paramount in that only use the oil specified or better than the manufacturer suggests Please know this. Not all dealers are the same. Most of the time 99.9 shops do use OEM only material but not all are on the up and up and some just do not know ( or care ). A local shop will use OEM If and only IF you indicate You will pay the Xtra to do so.Some use non OEM parts oils and supplies and charge you OEM prices. Sometimes the non OEM parts are better ( confusing I know) but at least ask what brand parts are used. Yes I know this first hand so be proactive and ask them to use only OEM fluids and Parts. You might even want to ask them to put the old ones in the box the new part came in and leave it in the car for your review. If they hesitate, drive away. It is a synthetic compo and thinning still maintains at least some protection

Easy to Shop for

by Expecting Twins from Los Angeles, CA | June 4, 2013

I needed a family van because I found out I was having twins and already have 2 other children. I could not afford to purchase a new car, or even a pre-owned car from a big dealership, and I was looking to buy from a dealer with some financing. I found the car I was looking for from many dealers, but settled on one. They called me back, I headed down, got the car, and I love to drive it, it has made life easier. Easiest car shopping experience.

This is not a reliable van

by JJ from Cincinnati Ohio | February 4, 2013

Original transmission lasted 90,000 miles Fluid changed every 20,000 miles at dealer Second transmission lasted 60,000 miles Fluid changed every 15000 miles at dealer Third transmission being rebuilt by a local transmission shop and not the dealer. I will never buy another Honda.

Great on gas

by OdysseyMama from Tampa, FLOOR | December 21, 2012

I've had an 04 Odyssey before and when I got the 01 I was pleasantly surprised that it was a four speed instead of a five speed automatic. The difference? Well with a four speed automatic you save on gas much more than I ever did with my five speed. Overall I'm loving my van.

Love my minivan!

by alba from PA | October 1, 2012

A few years ago (in the midst of dumping tons of money into our 2001 SAAB 9-3) I asked our mechanic what vehicles they didn't see much in their garage for repairs. He replied, Honda's, Toyota's and Suburu's. I then made up my mind that the next time I needed a different vehicle I was buying a Honda Odyssey. (We had owned a Ford minivan before the SAAB). We've only had our Honda a few weeks but so far we are very pleased with it. It doesn't have all the bells & whistles but it is a very quiet, comfortable ride. It handles well and I am so happy that we were able to find one in our price range. I will definitely be buying another one if the need arises.

Loved My Lemon

by Honda Momma from Stewartsville, NJ | August 25, 2012

I bought a top of the line Odyssey brand new. I loved it for the first couple years. Then the transmission went at 80,000 miles. there had been a recall so Honda replaced it. 36,000 miles later that one went and I had to fight with them to pay for half of it. 23,000 miles later later that one went. Because I paid for half they replaced that one. It lasted a whopping 21,000 miles. Honda refused to replaced it. I also had some engine lights on, O2 sensor, knock sensor etc. I hope I didn't make a mistake but I bought an '04 to replace it. Supposedly they had completely redone the trans by then. I do love the interior and the drive of the Odyssey.

Best car we have owned

by JME from | December 8, 2011

My wife purchased a 2001 Odyssey in 2001. I didn't want her to get the automatic sliding doors, but they haven''t been troublesome. My only complaint is city mileage. She drove it daily to work averaging about 16 MPG, not very fuel efficient. On long highway trips we averaged 26 MPG consistently. We had 120,000 miles when an accident resulted in in enough damages for a total loss according to the insurance adjuster. This was disappointing. The interior was still fully intact and the exterior had only minor bumps and scratches. Mechanically it was still perfect. Our only maintenance was front brakes and oil changes. We had planned to drive it it another 120,000 miles.

Transmission

by goonch from Col. Ohio | September 4, 2011

Nice car, original owner,3rd transmission. Needed upsized tires for traction control.Why did they continue with the oem part?

Featured Services for this Honda Odyssey