2005 Honda Odyssey

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Honda Odyssey Passenger Van shown

Overall

Driving Around in Your Living Room

by Montfalcone from Louisville, KY | December 26, 2013

First off...I love this vehicle...So much I bought another 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring (had to De-pax-another reason to choose the EX-L over Touring)...So we're now a family with 2 Odysseys...Take care of it (find a local, reasonably priced mechanic & oil changes), and this car will go to 300,000 miles, easy! Our 2005 EX-L has got 220,000 miles and we have no hesitation about jumping in and taking it on 1000 mile road trips... 4 stars for performance = road noise, 4 stars for interior=dash controls; there are so many different options with climate control it's difficult to adjust while driving...

Very impressive!

by Wrench from TN | January 24, 2013

I am an experienced mechanic. We traded in a 2008 Jetta with 63,000 miles for the 2005 Odyssey with 148,000 miles on it as we needed a van. Our VW consumed 1/4 quart of oil every 5,000 miles, but our Honda with over twice the mileage, uses none and still has OEM specs on compression on all 6 cylinders. Maintenance costs are low as these vans are exceptionally well engineered. With now over 300,000 on the clock, the investment has proven wise. There are two factors one should consider when buying a used car. The first is mechanical design. It is proven the Honda has you covered there. The second is its maintenance while driven. Many are fooled into thinking that milage is an indicator of condition. It is NOT! I have seen internal combustion engines destroyed in less than 30 miles. There are some with 300,000 on them with little mechanical wear. If you purchase an Odyssey, you will not be disappointed. Just ensure you take it to a competent wrench for a compression check and diagnostics as well. The Sienna is a great option as well. If you perform your own maintenance and repairs however, you will be much happier with the Honda as all components are quite simple and accessible. When it comes to style and cool cup holders, ask a soccer mom what is best. If you are looking for the best engineered van ever produced, you should take my advice and buy a Honda. Be cautioned however, that the "I" vtec models have a rear engine mount that costs a fortune and has been prone to cause some vibration. This extra mount absorbs vibration when three of the six cylinders shut down for fuel economy. The LX and EX models do not have this feature, therefore are more reliable. They do consume 1 to 2 more miles per gallon on the highway though. I bout an EX for this reason. Sometimes simple is better.

much beter than expeted

by jkw from | December 3, 2012

much beter than expeted. I wish they made a 4 cyclinder version not just a 6. I don't need all that power and would prefer more gas milage.

i am sad to say ,i can't get a fair trade on my 05

by your grace from tucson az. | December 2, 2012

if i can't get a trade on my 2005 odyssey on a new or newer , i will have to ?? well we ,my wife & i have had 3 honda odyssey , we think thats the only way to go , they are safe and dependable ,people friendly too , we are seeking to buy or lease a new honda odyssey soon...

Family Van

by Family Van Shopper from rockland NY | August 25, 2012

Great Van, picks up speed , a lot of space, great entertainment options including satellite radio and has better than average reliability. only disadvantage is the cost of replacing the Michelin PAX run on flat tires that could cost up to $400.00 a tire

Wow. What a van!

by Roundlakejim from Round Lake, IL | April 22, 2012

We have owned two Chrysler vans and a Toyotal Sienna. This one is the only one my wife really appreciated and loved. Reliablity is pretty much on top. We bought it pre-owned with 70K. We put another 70K on it in 3 years. There was no mechanical failure so far. We just did regular maintenance by following the maintenance schedule. We average around 19 to 20 mpg with combined city/hwy driving. Our van reached 24 mpg when driving strictly highway (70 mph with 5 people plus luggages). Hopefully we can drive this van to 200K+ miles.

great comfort and style!

by vladi from harrisburg, pa | April 22, 2012

Love this minivan! It has all our family needs...comfort, style, and its eco feature is great. We have the touring edition and is great!

The best mini-van ever

by Soccer mom from Nevada, OH | January 24, 2012

I have the Honda Odyssey Touring Minivan and it has everything I could ever dream of. It has lots of pick up and luxury. The trunk is awesome. The only thing missing is the navigation, maybe next time!

LEMON

by Me from Metairie, LA | July 22, 2011

This van has been nothing but a huge headache since we purchased it.It has left us stranded numerous times. The transmission, A/C, power steering pump, starter (3 times), battery (3 times), rack and pinion, fuel pump, struts and shocks, all motor mounts, wheel bearings, cv joint, and other parts have all been replaced.

The Best Van Ever

by bsteward from Fort Worth TX | June 21, 2011

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Nav I love this van for all the reasons. Great performance, I can get up and go on the HWY no problem. I have a Acura TSX 2004 and it is a little slower compaired to this Odyssey, I have about 140,000 miles on it now and have kept up with all the Maint. I change the transmission Fluid every 30,000 mile at the Honda Dealer only. I only put Honda spec parts back into this van so it will last me a very long time. I have to say that the seating in the Van is awsome and I stand about 6 feet tall and it has a lot of leg room for us Big Guys. I do pull a trailer with it 6X12 no problem in fact the Odyssey 3.5 I-Vtec does very well with trailers. I also get close to 30 miles per Gallon and use Regular gas. I love the powered seats and the powerd doors and the Sun Roof !

Featured Services for this Honda Odyssey