2007 Honda Odyssey

Available in 4 styles:  2007 Honda Odyssey Passenger Van shown

Overall

Buyer beware

by Car Man from New York, NY | April 10, 2014

I bought this van used. My mechanic, a 30 year veteran, did pre-purchase inspections on six Odysseys before we found a well maintained one with 60K. I was happy with the van for the first few months, and then....problem after problem: a blown power steering line, overheating caused by a faulty Honda fuse, a bad power steering pump, and a leaking power steering rack (at 64K?!). I called Honda USA about the leaking power steering rack and asked them for what is known in the business as "Goodwill". They were arrogant, refused, and could care less about repeat customers. I will never buy another Honda. The power steering pump was recalled by Honda a month after I bought it, and three months after the new pump was installed the power steering rack started leaking. The power steering rack seal leak is a common problem in Odysseys - and is a $1700 repair. The defective pump Honda recalled could a have let air into the system damaging the rack. The Odyssey is a badly designed vehicle. They've just issued a recall on the vehicle stability system. Like many Odyssey 3.5 liter engines, if I use less than 93 octane gas, there is terrible lifter rattle during high torque load, low rpm, acceleration. DO NOT BUY AN ODYSSEY, they have all kinds of hidden problems, buy a Toyota or a Nissan minivan, Consumer Reports rates their reliability well above the Odyssey. Don't buy into the Honda reliability myth. My 1999 328i had less problems in fourteen years than the Odyssey has had in one and a half years. I'm stuck with it for now. What's going to go next?

NOT RELIABLE

by FAMILY GUY from Philadelphia | February 22, 2014

Have owned numerous vehicles and this minivan gave me the most problems of any I think. Had to have tranny replaced at like 30000 miles.

Honda Odyssey - Perfection in a minivan

by Dino Sedycias from Bergen County, NJ | February 5, 2014

I bought the ex-l version. This minivan is just well built. It works like it is supposed to, no deceptions, no misbehavior ... I love it!

Easy Sale, Good Value

by Mother Hen from Long Island | July 31, 2013

When our old 1999 Town & Country minivan started showing signs of unreliability, we were forced to find and buy another car within a two week timeframe due to a summer filled with touring (band). Our schedule prohibited driving around too much to look, so we relied on cars.com to help us narrow the search to several choices. Our first day was centered on test driving other Town & Countrys. Between customer reviews and online research, though, our second day sent us straight to the Honda Odyssey we ended up buying. The price was right, the car responded well, and we were reassured by all the positive reviews of the Odyssey. It is not a new car, but rather a used 2007 Odyssey with 62,000 miles. We already put on another thousand miles and so far the car has driven well and left us feeling much more secure than the old minivan. I have to say our old car was wonderful, just old and no longer reliable. But the overall experience of using cars.com, contacting the dealer through cars.com, and then buying the car was very smooth and easy. All done within two days.

Epic Minivan

by Epic Shane from Brewton, AL | April 17, 2013

Everything works like new. GPS, Drop down DVD player, seats are heated, climate control for everyone. Just an epic vehicle

Never thought I will love driving a minivan

by Codem75 from PA | March 29, 2013

I have been converted now. Driving this minivan is very nice. Granted we have the EX-L with navigation, DVD etc...but I m sure the EX or LX will be as smooth of the ride as the EX-L. The inside is roomy for 7 people to sit confortably. The captain chairs are a + .Great for a family of 4 or more

Biggest car I've ever owned.

by JC from Jenkinsville, SC | December 17, 2012

Paid a good price and got what I paid for. Great van for all my needs, small children and older seniors.

Very reliable car

by Family Use from | September 1, 2012

Exceeded expectations - great car...................................................................

(No) Reliability

by Rod Honda from Florida | July 10, 2012

Our 2007 Odyssey (LX) has only 52K miles! It was purchased due to its overall review, reputation, value for the money and.....reliability!!! The only mistake we made was concerning this last point! We have been thru 3 C/V axle-joints in the past 6 months! We are no race-drivers or spirited daredevils but I find unacceptable that a manufacturer with such reputation admits thru its service network and dealership that " it is very common to replace C/V axles at 50K miles". Why would then keep the car for such long term???? My second car is a brand new MDX 2012 which I leased because of its Honda's DNA but right now I have bad concerns...

Favorite of all my Minivans

by MissQuita from Huntsville, AL. | December 17, 2011

I've owned 8 minivans of all different manufacturers and the Honda Odyssey is the most ergonomically correct of all of them. I have the gas saving model, an '07 and love the way it handles. Tight spaces are no problem to negotiate. Very short turning radius, and feels like a sedan and NOT a van. My family has had Honda vans for the last 15 years and everyone loves theirs. I feel luxurious with the moonroof on a sunny day, and the 6 CD changer is fantastic. The front seats fit Larger American Drivers with no problem -I am 6' tall. I especially like the fold down seats, and both automatic doors with remote windows down-you can cool off the car on a summer's day while walking thru the parking lot ! WOW...and the security system is a no brainer. Thanks Honda !