2010 Honda Odyssey

Available in 4 styles:  2010 Honda Odyssey Passenger Van shown

Overall

Japanese SUV

by gnsaxton from Atlanta,GA | December 1, 2013

I was somewhat miffed to find out that my 2002 odyssey gets better gas mileage than the 2010.This van is wider and heavier than my old one.The customers must have complained because the 2011-2014 van is smaller and lighter.There is only one door lock on the entire car,if you lose the remote key fob,you're in trouble.I love the interior layout,very functional on long road trips.We average 21 MPG combined,Our Civic Wagon used to get 45 MPG on highway.I miss that.It has a 21 Gallon tank and we average about 380 miles between fillups.One or two tankfuls a week.But it seems to get more frequent as time goes by.Most of the climate controls are out of reach of the driver,and hard to understand.The ride is smooth,the steering is not as precise as I like.(I like the 2002's better,but it finally died on me after 259,000 miles).I have 3 teenagers and the gas mileage is so lousy that I wish I had our 1991 Civic Wagon back.2 are in college and require long road trips.I also noticed that the hood lid is shorter,making tuneups more difficult.I couldn't decide between this and a 2011 Accord.The Accord seats do not flip down for more cargo space,which I will need for the college trips.I love Honda's reliability,but this van has too many fancy gizmos for my taste.They usually break within the first 5 years,before I have finished paying for the car.Honda used to focus on MPG,Reliability,and usefulness.I see very little difference between them and domestic makes now and the Domestics are cheaper.

New/Used Odyssey

by BusyMom from Aurora, IL | June 24, 2013

We love our 2010 Odyssey. We have had some home projects that we needed to haul stuff and the Odyssey is very spacious. There is also plenty of room for the kids to spread out on long trips. It's a 3 year old car, but we know since it's an Odyssey it will last a long long time.

The Minivan I've Always Wanted

by Adores Minivans from Long Beach,CA | December 13, 2012

Do your research. Know your exact wants and needs. Cars.com suplied all of the important details to make a great purchase possible.

Many miles, many moves.

by 64 year old from Small town Wisconsin | July 31, 2012

My 2000 Odyssey EX will soon be 13 years old. I took delivery on it in the fall of 1999. It has 230,000 miles on it and it still runs very smoothly. On the highway I get 23miles to the gallon. Most of the repairs over the years have been routine except at about 180,000 miles I had to install a new transmission. I have moved my kids many times in and out of college dorms and apartments. The immense cargo space holds a 4x8 foot piece of plywood flat on the floor. I'll soon put this Odyssey to rest and buy another.

Just about everything I dreamed about

by Honda odyssey lover from Nampa, idaho | May 28, 2012

My dream car was a Honda Odyssey... Yeah I know that is strange! I finally convinced my husband I needed it! So far it is wonderful and I love it! However if you are looking for a quiet ride, this is not your van. It has a lot of road noise and always sounds like a windo is cracked open. The rest of the mini van is wonderful!! I would buy another one again if needed.

Most disappointing auto I've owned

by Disappointed from Houston | May 20, 2012

The poor gas mileage is completely unacceptable - about 14 mpg. I wish I'd spent $4000 more on the competitor's minivan. In 200,000 miles, I would have a net savings of several thousand dollars if I could get 17 mpg rather than 14 mpg.

All good except mileage

by 3rd Honda from Arlington Heights, IL | May 17, 2012

Anyone else having mileage issues with their 2010 Odyssey? We have 34k miles. On a 50/50 blend of highway & city our mileage struggles to hit 17mpg. Other than that, the only minor issue if the cupholder location in front of the controls. Very comfortable ride and handling.

Noisy van

by not a minivan fan from Atlanta, Ga | April 13, 2012

own this van in the ex-l model and loved it for the first couple of years. Exactly what I expected from Honda, reliability and convenience.This is my first van and while it has served it's people toting(especially the kids) purpose very well, I no longer recommend it to friends due to the noisiness when traveling on the highway. It has gotten so awful that we find we are grumpy and fatigued after a road trip of more than 2 hours and our ears feel battered by all the road noise. We are currently looking for less noisy alternatives. The noise is most pronounced when on interstate highways and traveling between 65-75 mph.

Tires and Timing Belt issues

by ytunafish from Chesterfield Mo. | November 24, 2011

If you plan on keeoing your Odessey for 150,000 miles you better be prepared to shell out $1400.00 for the required timing belt/water pump/spark plug maintenence at 105,000 miles. This is my second Odessey. I had a 2007 and now a 2010. With the 2007 I battled the dealership over the Runflat Tires, what a mess. Those tires were expensive $1400.00 to replace and they could not balance them because the dealership did not have the special machine for that. I traded the 2007 for 2010 w/o Run Flat tires. I am a traveling salesman. I put 50,000 miles on er year. The dealership cannot get these front tires , top of the line Michlein to balance. I have been back 13 times for this issue and will keep doing this until I sell the Odessey and purchase a Sienna. I am going with the Sienna because of the $1400.00 timing belt issue. Now I find out that my wife's MDX 2008 HAS THE SAME ISSUE WITH HER TIMING BELT. We are done with Honda.

I love my Odyssey

by michard85 from Houston, Tx | November 6, 2011

At first I did not want to get a minivan, but with 2 kids and my wife watching my nephew, the decision to buy one made perfect sense. The Odyssey is so smooth, easy to drive, and turns on a dime. My wife loves to drive it and I don't mind driving it myself. It's quiet but don't let that fool you. If you need to, just punch it and it will surprise you on the amount of power it has. The automatic doors are a life saver, especially at Walmart.