2012 Honda Odyssey

See Photos & Videos

Overall

First Rate

by The Chief from Chicago suburbs | April 15, 2014

This is a really excellent vehicle. large inside but not huge outside, it is reasonably easy to park. It rides and handles very well, better than some sedans, and is very stable on the road. The v-6 engine provides good passing power, and will propel the car up to 130 mph, but still gives 17 city and 24 hwy mileage. The driver's seat is high and comfortable, giving excellent visibility. Reliability is very good. I've owned four of these, back to 1999 and had few unexpected repairs, even up to 160,000 miles and still going.

Great car, great price

by Jitster from Atlanta, GA | February 17, 2014

2012 is soo much different than the 09 i replaced. car drives smoother and is more techy - what a diff. 3 years make

My Hionda Odyssey EX-L

by Neb Skwa from SUNRISE,FLORIDA. | September 24, 2013

TRADED IN A 2009 HONDA ODYSSEY TOURING,WITH 42,500 MILES.i HAD 5 YEARS OF DELIGHTFUL SERVICE.NOW I HAVE A 2012 HONDA ODYSSEY EX-L,,AND I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE.MY 2012 IS PRACTICALY NEW,WITH ONLY 6450 MILES,AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO MANY YEARS OF DEPENDABLE,LUXURIOUS TRANSPORTATION FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.BUY THE BEST AND SETTLE FOR NOTHING BUT THE BEST.THEIR IS ONLY ONE DEALERSHIP THAT I CAN WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECOMMEND,AND THATS RICK CASE HONDA,IN DAVIE FLORIDA.THIS IS MY 3RD VEHICLE PURCHASED AT RICK CASE HONDA,AND THE STAFF,FROM THE INTERNET DIRECTOR,TO THE ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER ARE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS..

GREAT van, even better dealer

by dog lover from Cleveland, OH | September 2, 2013

My previous van was over 14 years old. Time for a new one! The 2012 has so many wonderful features my old one didn't have and the ride is like a brand new vehicle. Lots of interior room, dogs love it and I do, too!

Do Not Buy

by Regretting the Purchase from Bloomington, IL | August 27, 2013

Mu husband and I bought our brand new Honda Odyssey in May 2013. In July the air conditioning went out. It has now been over a month and we still have not gotten our vehicle back because they are unable to determine what is wrong the vehicle and keep replacing parts.

Go on an Odyssey

by Brodie from Minneapolis, MN | March 2, 2013

We love the Odyssey, which is why we traded our last car, a 2007 Honda, for the 2012 Odyssey. It was time to move it up a notch. We thought the 2007 was a delight, thus, we had to find a new word for the 2012. How about rhapsodic? The handiing is smooth and powerful without being overbearing. With little engine noise you will constantly be in danger of speeding - so stay alert. So far, in the two weeks of ownership, the fuel efficiency is noticeable - and measurable, due to the separate indicators on each trip log to show mpg. Neat. The feel of the car is sumptious and surprisingly simple. Having been in cars that look like an airplane flight deck, so numerous the buttons and myraid the colours, it was a pleasant experience to not feel overwhelmed or distracted by the 'goodies'. And there are plenty of goodies. Moving with the times, the car is equipped with bluetooth capabilities so you can have a safer journey while still being in contact with the world outside your wondrous car. The look of the car is definitely different from the older styles - sleeker, classier (who knew it was possible?). A lower roofline makes it easier to keep up a conversation as you and your passengers walk around the car to load up - a boon for the family with lots of kids all talking at once! The only downside...my hair brushes the ceiling no matter how low I set the seat; I am by no means exceptionally tall - 5'6" is pretty average. My husband has no such issue, despite being the same size - he is bald. One point to him. A lumbar setting has been added to the driver's seat; we currently have it set to maximum and my husband finds it just fine, I could do with a lot more. Point to my husband again - he does not have a wonky back. Lots of additional extras make for a very comfy and attractive car. The back seats can be set to face backwards - at first I had no idea why I would want this, but our teen son was quick to point out that soccer season tends to coincide with the rainy season in Minnesota, thus, the ability to hide under the tailgate for a player is a positive, the ability to sit comfortably and watch the whole game from the fancy seats, apparently a huge bonus. While I am unlikely to avail of this option - I am not made of sugar, so rain is not a problem, and I am too excitable at a game to actually sit down - I can see the attraction for others. All in all, a very fine car. We enjoy travelling in it. It has brought back the idea of driving for pleasure - taking us to those heady days of the invention of the parkway, a specific type of road created to take your car for a run. Who knew it was possible to go back to that feeling?

Retired at 62 To death do we part

by J.C.S. from Wisconsin | February 22, 2013

It Has Beeen Great to me Very Satisfied Tried out Five Siennas Before I bouught my Irsh " O"dyssey No Comparison!

Nice kid mobile

by Mom Jeans from LA, CA | February 7, 2013

I bought it used, it's actually a 2008. Nice ride, very comfortable, the kids love it. We'll see how it holds up over time.

Definitely an Odyssey Fan

by Minivan Dad from Kansas | February 7, 2013

We just swapped our 2001 Honda Odyssey LX for a used 2012 Model. My wife and I were already fans of this vehicle so there really wasn't any question to what we would get next. We like the LX model because we don't want or need all the extra electronics that do (at some point) break. We can open our own doors. Despite the known issues with the Odyssey (transmission, motor mounts, etc.) - I'm hoping they've made some progress with those for this year - the overall reliability and quality of the Odyssey keeps it us coming back. The firm but smooth ride is a big deal for me. We also wanted the new body style. Looks great. Gets lots of looks. I highly recommend.

loving my odyssey

by new soccer mom from Placentia, CA | January 8, 2013

I researched all the facts about the Odyssey and it's top competitor and felt that my family would get more bang for our buck going with the Honda. We love the inside of the ExL trim and especially appreciate how easy it is to use my navigation system which is controlled by the knob that is ergonomically and strategically placed at a location for the driver to reach. My kids love the wide view windows for the front and sides. Initially my husband and I were resistant to the exterior design changed from the Odyssey look in the past, but a second look revealed that it's a nice sporty look that is sleek. The driving experience is smooth and comfortable. I am impressed by how tightly I can maneuver this vehicle around. My husband and I bought this car knowing that were putting our money into a reliable brand and vehicle.