2013 Honda Odyssey

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Honda Odyssey

by Family MAN from Chicago, IL | November 25, 2013

Three kids and a dog my wife loves the room and ease of driving. The Honda Odyssey has a history of reliable operation and good value. Interior: The interior of the 2010 Odyssey is much more comfortable than the Dodge Caravan as we spent a bit of time in both in deviding between new Dodge or 3 year old Honda. The middle seats need to be pulled out in order to get full flat floor but the amount of times I need a empty backend I will take the manual route. Ample space and headroom make this the vehicle for longr trips. Exterior Styling: The last year of the non-herse look for the Honda Odyssey will have to due for now.

GREAT GAS MILEAGE

by NANA OF THREE from WOODSTOCK AL | September 6, 2013

THIS IS A GREAT RIDING VEHICLE. THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR THE GRANDCHILDREN AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AS WELL.

Can't go wrong with the best!

by Ariel10575 from Granada Hills, Ca | August 27, 2013

I found myself in the market for a new car when I was not ready, but did not have a choice any longer. I had to go with my gut, and the Honda Odyssey was what I was drawn to. It is the best minivan on the market in my opinion. My family loves it, and they really do not mind a long drive anymore - and neither do I! Only thing to learn and be careful with is making turns in tight drive thrus! I dinged the side of my new car because of the curbs that lead you into my local Starbucks drive thru. My last vehicle was not as low to the ground, and you need to make a wider turn than I did to get into it! Other than that, the car is beautiful in every aspect! I trust my 3 kids and their friends in this car above all others.

My Van Upgrade

by Long timr van owner from King of Prussia PA | August 21, 2013

Except 4 the Stupid "Hash Tag" commercial & the "cute" guy malarkey, I am a proud Honda owner. I enjoy the smooth & comfortable ride and handling. Reliability is a main reason for purchase.

Great ease of use with newborn twins!

by Nona's Waggon! from SF Bay Area, CA | August 15, 2013

With new born twins and a 4 year old our new Odyssey is Perfect! We removed the center consol of the second row so the 4year old can get to the 3 row and allow for the Twins to be seated in their car seats with ease. We love our new Honda Odyssey!

Family's first ever non-sedan . . .

by blue devil 89 from Atlanta | August 8, 2013

Wife seven mos pregnant with third kid, tried squeezing one infant, one toddler and one booster seat in the back seat of the Camry and the Genesis (our two current vehicles) and in truth, it could'a been a done . . . though things were a bit way snug . . . downright tight . . . and the newborn would've been doomed to the middle of the back seat since neither of our kids would give up a window even if you gave them a bucket of lollipops (never would'a had this problem in the 70s before car seats became mandatory). So, we test drove several minivans and SUVs, narrowed the field to the Odyssey EX-L, Sienna XLE and Santa Fe GLS, and after doing some more test driving (including the Sienna XLE twice, towards which my wife initially had a bias because of her Camry), we (she) chose the Odyssey. And she absolutely loves it. To me, all minivans still drive more like trucks, but the Odyssey has a lot going for it. 18/27 gas mileage, just like our Genesis. It handles surprisingly well for a van. Very comfortable ride. Even though she's seven mos pregnant, my wife finds the Odyssey remarkably convenient. No more head banging on the roof to get the kids in and out of their seats. Automatic side doors with sensors that ensure they don't close on little kids' hands. EX-L comes with leather seats, tint and sunshades, dual climate controls and seat warmers - all must haves for my wife. Rear view camera when backing out was a plus. Intentionally steered away from Touring and Touring Elite to avoid nav system and rear-entertainment DVD. If anything is going to go wrong with a car first, it's usually the electronics and anything that requires additional yards of wire, and you can get nav on most smartphones and DVD players for kids that don't hog up the stereo. The seats are really easy to configure, move, hide, or adjust once you know what to do. Honda engineers apparently sit in these things and try to think like a family and there are ample cupholders, cubby spaces, consoles and the like placed throughout. Having two sets of XM channels you can program was a nice a touch - literally hers and his (so that my sports programming and NFL channels dont get monkeyed with). Rear trunk space, even with all eight seats opened, is roomy. Interestingly, the styling of the Sienna XLE is what got my wife's attention and a second test drive - but she discovered during her second test drive that the turning radius on the Sienna was wider. Although she decided at that point to go w/ the Odyssey, we found out a couple days later from reading other reviews that roadtripping in the Sienna is more tedious - driving an airplane hangar is what we read - and that the Sienna is more prone to noticeable squeaks and rattles. We have noticed tons of 2013 Odysseys on the road - the lightning bolt window design is hard to miss - but given how happy my wife is with hers, it's not hard to see why these vans are so popular.

Style above function

by Gary - Third Odyssey from Atlanta | August 6, 2013

Having owned a 2005 and 2010 EXL w NAV, I blindly purchased a 2013 Odyssey. Sad to learn that in order to get Nav and Rear Entertainment I had to upgrade to the Touring Model. However, the Honda NAV always look like Honda went to Garmin and asked for a $30 system. The 2013 is built for looks not function. Gone are almost all the little storage areas that made the Odyssey useful for 100,000.. They might learn that people will buy the new Odyssey based on looks but will not buy another due to the lack of functionality and cheaper looking interior. Next time I will look at competitors.

The worlds best car ever

by Justin from California | July 14, 2013

The design is excellent, comtable, good quality, and cool rearview camera. You should buy the 2013 or 2014 honda odyssey. 2014 honda odyssey elite has a cool vacum.

Odyssey 2013

by HondaLover from Seattle WA | July 10, 2013

This van has WORST21 Navigation system. It is only voice enabled. How is it possible every buyer can speak perfect english understood by system ? This is WORST feature in Odyssey. Even to enter address, this is the WORST feature. I hate it. Too much noise while driving. Noice is more than my audio CD with low volume. I need to increase volume to dominate the noise from van. This is WORST noise compared to Sienna. Sienna is the best. It has NO noise and touch enabled navigation system. I made a mistake by buying it.

Improving on a classic

by 2nd Odyssey from Olney, Maryland | July 8, 2013

Replaced a 2000 LX with a 2013 LX. Ride is plusher, steering is much lighter than 2000, handling not as tight. Smooth power, handles hills and open road with 6 passenger load. 2nd row roll-down windows and door speakers are great for those passengers. Flip-up 2nd row allows easier access to 3rd row. Split 3rd seat a plus but you lose the underseat storage.