2014 Honda Odyssey

Available in 5 styles:  2014 Honda Odyssey Passenger Van shown
Starting MSRP

19 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Problems with fron end design

by New Honda owner from Paulden, Arizona | February 15, 2015

I bought the 2014 Honda Odyssey based upon expert reviews. I did not notice the fact that I had no idea where the front bumper was. When in the drivers seat, there is nothing visible from the windshield wipers. There is no way to know how close you are to anything you might hit. The "warning beep" either activates just before you are too close or does not beep at all and does not seem to work for the entire bumper. I have been driving the van since August (written in March)so should have a good "feel" for where the front end is by now. The Honda does not help me. I am constantly afraid of hitting something when parking between 2 cars. Gong slowly does not help. Very poor design feature.

My first van

by honda guy from Iowa | January 9, 2015

At first, we had to push ourselves a bit to buy - now we are happy we did. Our life on a road is so simpler now (we have two small kids). Driving is easy and comfortable - I drove it recently during the winter storm and wasn't scared once. Gas mileage becomes 1 to 2 mpg better after 1,000 mark.

Solid. last ride we'll buy for a long time.

by Utilitarian Peter Griffin from Honolulu, Hawaii | October 4, 2014

Bought from Bruce Metzger at honda windward,oahu. best dealer experience ever. The 2014 odyssey touring elite is ripe with features inside & out. smoothest drive. nice low profile exterior. the camera system is insanely useful. lane departure is very helpful with 4 kids making noise in car. moonroof is nice for star gazing. cargo rack perfect for hauling surf boards. The cargo options on the seat configurations will astound. the sound system, the movie system, this vehicle is a system of systems. navigation. phone. the cooler. the shop vac. the 2 key fobs so you never have to deal with the short wife's seat adjustments--it auto adjusts to your settings with your key fob. this ride is well thought out. if you're in oahu, go with bruce.

Excellent After 3 Weeks

by No Mercy Man from Austin, TX | October 3, 2014

We only have 1800 miles on it so far but have been very pleased overall. High points include good visibility all around, good cruising comfort and mileage (26 mpg on first trip), lots of room for people and cargo, and cameras on right side and rear aid immensely in backing and lane changes. We have 2 drivers so we wish it had seat memory in our trim level (EX-L with Navigation) but that was not available as an option. It has pretty much everything else we wanted. We also like that it is not as high as most SUV's and thus easier to get into.

Annoying Beeps

by Odyssey fan - before from | October 1, 2014

Everything in the 2014 honda odyssey touring elite is superb except for the BEEPS coming for the interface dial and hard buttons. Sadly, I contacted my dealer about it but they haven't gotten the same model yet (that has 2 displays) in their showroom to test it out. The In-car technology support of Honda told me that I can't do anything about it. It's very annoying. Every character I typed in the navi beeps. Everything I choose on the selection menu beeps. Both interface dial and hard buttons beep.

Best Minivan! NO COMPARISON TO THE SIENNA!

by Cars Enthusiast from Jackson, MS | September 30, 2014

Honda Odysseys are way better! We had the 2010 Honda Odyssey and it was great, but now we upgraded to the 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite.

2014 Honda Odyssey EXL

by Married for 49 years from Lake Eufaula Oklahoma | September 8, 2014

Drives like a car. This is the top-rated minivan by all the experts. I'm a car guy...never thought I'd buy a mini-van. The "experts" are right on...drive one and you'll see what I mean. Mileage is not bad, acceleration is pretty good for a vehicle of this type. I have a 2013 Cadillac CTS and still want to drive the Odyssey. I'd give this a top rating for a vehicle of this type.

2014 Odyssey - New

by Ship from Macomb, MI | September 1, 2014

We owned and then wrecked a 2004 Monterrey and then had to be without a van for over three years. We missed having a van and did not want to buy foreign when it was our time to buy one again. Unfortunately, GM, Ford and Chrysler did not offer suitable minivans for our family who purchases versus leases. The only ones close (with sliding doors) were the Transit and the Caravan/T&C. We didn't like how the Transit looked and the Caravan/T&C we felt was loud, had poor fit and finish and did not shift smoothly at all. We therefore picked the Odyssey due to its looks, roominess and overall comfort and performance. The only draw-back is that we had to forego the navigation and entertainment systems to keep the price affordable, but we felt it was a fair trade-off. We are all very comfortable, and on our first longer ride (Macomb, MI to Lapeer, MI), we got 28 MPG on the way there and 32 MPG on the way back (both ways with the A/C on). This is much better than our 2009 Fusion! Hope this helps; have a great day, and best wishes to you.

Value in a new Van

by Van Man from St Paul MN | July 18, 2014

Very pleased with our Honda Odyssey. Back-up and side view cameras are well designed. NAV system easy to use and makes finding the best route quick and easy. Interestingly 12 yrs ago we purchased a Venture WB edition for about the same cost, $35K. The added features and better quality of our 2014 Odyssey tells me I can get more with my money than I could 12 years ago. That's value.

3rd Odyssey I have had since 2004

by AARP VAn from New York | July 8, 2014

I love the new safety additions to the 2014 van. I particularly like the right turn visual and the convenience of the rear door opening. So far I am a bit disappointed in the MPG I have gotten in the first 1000 miles, although I have not done any real highway driving. Locally I have gotten much less than advertised.