1999 Honda Passport

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Never a Problem!

by Love2Drive from Kanss City, MO | May 2, 2008

I bought my 1999 EX used with 120,000 miles on it and drive it full time. It lives up to the Honda reputation of reliability. All I've ever done to it was change the fluids and rotate the tires - the usual - that's it, oh and a new battery. I put about 1,500 mi's per month on it and have owned it for 2 years now. I've driven it hard, and cross country several times; never a problem. It runs incredibly strong for a vehicle with so many miles on it and according to my mechanic, no forseeable issues either. I was told to expect at least 200K if I take care of it before any significant repairs. Considering what I paid for the vehicle used, the fact that it has run with no needed repairs for 2 yrs, gets decent gas mileage, hauls my family, friends and whatever else from a very versitile and easily configured interior, it has to be my favorite used car ever and the best value too!

Excellent Reliability & Sharp Styling

by Luv2Drive from MidWest | September 16, 2007

I looked all over for an SUV as a second family vehicle and found my '99 Passport used (on cars.com actually!) After test driving and a thorough inspection, I bought it. Within a week, it had become my primary vehicle! I could comfortably fit my family in it with plenty of wiggle-room and enough left over to haul groceries or sports equipment, too. The premium sound system is fantastic, handling is the to-be-expected great for Honda. Styling is timeless - still sharp for an 8 year old vehicle, and the interior is extremely durable and very comfortable/ergonomic. Mine is a 2-WD yet handles very well in bad weather, i.e., ice & snow. Last, but far from least, is it has over 100K and NEVER had a problem with it - extrememly reliable; I expect to get over 200K out of the engine. The inside and outside still look almost new because it is so well made with quality, durable materials. Overall, it's a well-engineered, driver & passenger friendly vehicle that's also kind to the wallet (I have only needed to replace the battery and a serpentine belt- that's it!). I give it a 9 out of 10 only because it gets 22-ish MPG. That's the only characteristic of this vehicle that didn't score a 10 with me. For what I saved by buying used, and the reliability and utility features of this vehicle, I can easily live with its better-than-typical SUV fuel economy.

Great all purpose SUV

by Hondabuff756 from Denver, CO | May 22, 2007

This is a great SUV for zipping around town or for driving through snow. The ride is always comfortable and enjoyable. You'll love how reliable this vehicle is for day to day drivers or for those who just need something with a bit more power in those days that make driving a challenge. The four wheel drive works like a charm in any kind of driving condition while you're still able to get above average gas mileage on the daily drive. A great mid-sized SUV that I would recommend to anyone!

Hands down the best Honda I have owned

by Loyal Honda owner from Denver, Co | December 29, 2006

If you have the chance to buy a Honda Passport jump on it! I bought a 1999 Passport a few years ago and absolutly love it. Outstanding engine in the thing I would have to say it is the one thing I love most about my passport, it never leaks oil and it now has 223,000 miles on it and the thing can still get up and go around traffic in town and on the freeway. The ride is very quite and it handles very well in snow and mud and it handles and accelerates through the mountains with ease. The only thing I woudl have to say about my passport is that it cost me alot to replace my brakes when I do that but otherwise I would rate this as an excellent buy! I do not know why this site rated it as a bad value which is why I am writing this! Enjoy your Passport the way I do!

'99 Honda Passport

by Avid Consumer from Emeryville, CA | May 18, 2006

The Passport overall is a good vehicle, reliable and somewhat comfortable. Although, I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone because for the amount of money I'm paying, I expect much more.

Featured Services for this Honda Passport