2006 Honda Pilot

2006 Honda Pilot

Available in 6 styles:  2006 Honda Pilot 4dr 4x4 Sport Utility shown

Overall

Low comfort and fuel economy

by Harry from Eastern North Carolina | August 19, 2014

I bought my 2006 Pilot EXL in 2012, and when I did, it was immaculate. Only 89,000 miles on the clock, new tires, recent replacement of the timing belt, and a complete log book of oil changes, repairs, and maintenance. All of that combined with a price way below "Blue Book," and I should have had the car of my dreams. I wish! What I didn't like: 1. The interior is "Boomy." What I mean is, that you hear every little crack and crevice of the road as you drive. Okay, not the worst thing. 2. Very poor fuel economy. 18-19MPG on the highway, with the cruise set, and doing a steady 65mph. 3. For a vehicle this big, the driver's seat doesn't go back far enough for a 6'2" driver to get comfortable with. I felt like I was still driving my 1969 Chevy pick up, and was crammed against the wheel and pedals. 4. Did I mention the lousy gas mileage? 5. If you have the EXL, you get the Navigation system, only if you want to upgrade it, you need to buy a new disk from Honda for $150.00, and it's not updated enough to catch all the new roads, plus, it is a very, very, very clunky system to use. After a month of beating my head against the dashboard, I just never turned it on. 6. The radio has the worst reception I have ever had in a car! Pathetic! In my humble opinion, this might be the worst vehicle Honda has ever made, and it they offered me a new one for fifty bucks, I'd only take it to trade it in the next day. Sorry, I can't think of anything about this vehicle that I liked. I sold it after a year, and at a big loss, and do NOT regret getting rid of it. As the robot in Lost In Space might have said, "Warning, warning!! Danger car buyer!"

Honda pilot buying

by Gregand k from lBINJ | July 11, 2014

The dealership Imports Auto Sales made our car buying experience so smooth and painless. We love our car and can't wait to go on adventures with it.

Best car for the money

by PhilD from Yonkers, NY | July 20, 2013

This vehicle is very spacious. The seating is comfortable. The extra seat in the back are excellent for additional riders. The AC works well and we have been in a heat wave for the past 7 days. It holds the road well. It has automatic locks. I like the fact that it has no ashtrays, so it' s very easy to let people know that there is no smoking in the car. The CD player works well and the am/fm radio is great. Spacious room for cargo. You can even load a standard mattress in the back. Cruse control is good. Front and side airbags. The front and rear bumpers protect the car from must bumps. I love the smooth ride

Great mountain vehicle

by Tomm from Colorado | December 12, 2012

Love this vehicle. I live in Colorado and go to the mtns. regularly. Accelerates UP the passes past others on the highway with 4 people and gear in it. Took me over moderately snowy 4WD passes where there were signs of multiple other vehicles having had to back down/turn around. Very comfortable and my mid 80's parents love to ride in it. Great windows and passengers get full views even sitting in the third row seats.

best on market for the price!

by sabb from clovis | July 24, 2012

AWSOME SUV, super comfortable and reliable, safe and stylish.I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMEND THIS sUV,GREAT FOR THE PRICE

Love those Hondas

by Big Fish from Shreveport, LA. | May 7, 2012

They never let us down !!! Have owned 5 Honda products, and are by far the most dependable, value rated vehicles we've owned.

Love Piolt

by Mom in WI from | January 2, 2012

Bought a used 2006 Honda Pilot with 110,000 miles with leather interior and rear dvd player. I just love the inside. It is very roomy and comfortable. So far only issue is radio is bad for AM only, excellent otherwise. The DVD sound system in the back seat is fantastic. Deep base, surround sound is excellent. Sounds like a theater.

Pleased so far with switch from mini van to Pilot

by hc from Findlay, OH | October 3, 2011

We were leery to trade in our mini van for a Pilot, but we never really loved the mini van idea to begin with. It was a choice of practicality. As our kids are now 2.5 and 3.5 years old we felt we'd try the Pilot out. I was afraid I'd miss things about the mini van (storage, automatic opening doors, extra seat in back, much more room. To some extent I do miss the room to "roam about the van" if kids need me back there --- but that is all I miss. Love our Pilot!! Anxious to see how it handles in the snowy, icy, NW Ohio winter weather.

2006 Honda Pilot EX

by Fops from Winchester, MA | February 23, 2011

Most reliable vehicle I have ever had. Very comfortable on highway, pretty peppy for size and its 3.5L V6 engine. Vehicle is very boring looks-wise but if you are looking for great ride for family that seats 8 and want dependability this is the vehicle. I would ditch the Goodyear Integrity tires that comes standard on vehicle however as they just don't match up to Michelin tires which recently went with. I plan to keep this vehicle for a long time as I expect it to last.

Pilot VS Highlander

by SUV By Choice from Phila PA | June 21, 2010

I own both a 2006 Honda Pilot and a 2005 Toyota Highlander a were going to compare the 2 as part of the review. Both have similar specs, V6 & AWD. The Pilot is slightly more comfortable than the Highlander. It is a few inches wider, taller and longer. The Pilot is easier to get in and out of and is the vehicle I chose when I have to haul larger bulkier items. The Highlander wins the performance round, it is faster, smoother, & handles better than the Pilot. It is also way more fuel efficient. With the Pilot I never get 20 MPG, it is between 15-19 MPG all the time. Our Toyota Highlander never get below 20 MPG, it gets 20-24 MPG with similar type of driving. I think the difference in the performance is due to the difference in weight. The Pilot weighs about 800 lbs more than the Highlander (or ~20%). It feels when driving and it feels when filling the tank at the gas station. Another area where the Pilot falls short of the Highlander is the interior, (not that either one looks like an Audi). The fabric in the Pilot is of very poor quality, shows stains very easily. The lighting of the instrument panel is also lacking and it is hard to see wether the A/C light is on or off. Both car are exceptionally reliable, I have not had anything other than scheduled maintenance on either one. I would recommend both vehicles but If I had to pick one SUV over the other I would pick the Toyota. If I really needed the extra room I'd go with the Pilot.