2011 Honda Pilot

2011 Honda Pilot
Available in 8 styles:  2011 Honda Pilot 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Flying with the Pilot!!!!

by Dee-Nice from Sicklerville, NJ | June 14, 2014

The 2011 Honda Pilot was a great investment, it has style, class and is a very dependable vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle for anyone looking for value for their buck. We purchased the Touring Edition with all the options and it performs as advertised.

Honda Pilot EX 4WD Review

by Honda Fan from Hunt Valley, MD | January 21, 2014

We have had our Honda Pilot EX 4WD for 2 and a half years now. It has been rock solid so far. As of now, we have 70k miles on it and have not had any problems. This really says something for the car, as we drive our cars 20-30k miles per year. The Pilot does well in dry conditions, wet conditions, and most importantly, in the snow. The Pilot has enough power to get the job done, but it is not a race car. Fuel economy is about what you would expect for this size vehicle: 18.6 mpg average. The change over to Eco mode is virtually imperceptible...no problems with it for us. As far as features are concerned, the EX 4WD is relatively well equipped. Newer Pilot EXs (2013 and newer) have more equipment (back up camera, bluetooth...). If you are looking at a used 2011 Pilot, an EX-L might be a better bet, as the leather wears better and you get a back-up camera. Interior space is good for the front passengers, but we wish that the second and third rows and trunk had a little more space. The leather in the EX-L and Touring models provides more comfort, but these models also have a noticeable price premium. When we bought the Pilot, we looked at all of the models and the EX seemed like the best value to us (when purchasing a new Pilot). Overall, the Pilot is a solid and well-rounded vehicle.

Perfect for us.

by Nitrodad from St. Paul, MN | January 16, 2014

My first impressions are like most reviews, need a little more power in the V6 but not a deal breaker. I think it drives nice, plenty of room, nice size 3rd row. Yes, eco mode is annoying but make sure you take a decent length test drive to give the Pilot opportunity to hit eco mode and make sure you can handle that annoyance, it probably wont bother most. Handle great in snow. Not so great gas milage, but it's been extremely cold lately and I have been idling frequently.

Almost Perfect

by AZ Pastor from Whiteriver, AZ | November 2, 2013

We purchased a Honda-certified used LX 2WD for a cross-country road trip to replace our elderly, but much-loved Toyota Sienna. Four months and 7K miles later, I will say that it has been a good purchase, but it's not perfect. LIKES The front and middle seats are the most comfortable of any vehicle I have ever owned. They are firm and supportive in all the right places, but not too hard. The ride quality is about right as well - not as soft as the van, but not as firm as my wife's CR-V. It handles well enough for an 8-passenger people mover, but it's no sports car. Overall fuel economy is as advertised. We get 22-24 mpg in fully-loaded interstate cruising, 17-18 in city traffic, and 25-27 on the rural two-lanes around home (where the ECO cylinder deactivation system really helps). I have gotten used to the boxy shape, and the benefit is that it has a lot of space inside (but is shorter and more maneuverable than our van was). Three-across in the middle is no problem. Smaller adults can reasonably sit in the back for a short trip (which was not true of the Highlander we considered). Both rows of seats fold with a minimum of fuss and create a nice, flat cargo area. I really love the hidden storage compartment behind the third seat. DISLIKES I don't care for the confusing buttons for the climate control - bring back the 3-dial system! The third row seems pretty thin compared to our old van, but that seems to be the norm in the new crossover vehicles. When set up for cargo, the load floor slants toward the back, so things tend to roll out when you open the hatch. The stock tires are pretty noisy, but I hope to do better when I replace them. My biggest complaint, though, is the upholstery fabric. It looks good and feels comfortable, but it is proving really difficult to keep clean. Even plain water leaves a ring behind when it dries, and I haven't figured out how to spot treat small issues.

Nicest car I've ever owned.

by FrankO from NNJ | October 25, 2013

This is definitely the nicest car I've ever owned regarding options and creature comforts, etc...but coming from a TDi Sportwagen, I'm a little disappointed with the MPG rating so far. I do mostly city driving and I'm getting only 15.X MPG, that's less than half of my old TDi! The trade off is awesome reliability and a really nice SUV.

Great SUV...

by eortizromeu from Chapel Hill, NC | October 2, 2013

Bought a used 2011 Touring and for the price, we are very happy with both the gas mpg for the size of this SUV and the smooth drive. This is a big SUV both inside and outside and it drives very smooth for its size. As far as features, while other brands charge you extra for most of them, the Pilot have them all included as standard features, compare and you will see.

Very Happy Buyer

by Honda Lover from Chicago, IL | August 18, 2013

Very happy with the 2011 Pilot EXL. Very spacious, lots of cargo room, 3rd row seating, to go with a surprisingly smooth ride- feels like the Accord I used to own. Not sure how Honda was able to make a big SUV ride like a car, but they did it. Excited to try the 4 wheel drive this winter in the snow. Love all the extra compartments in the console area- great for long road trips. Very happy so far with my decision on the Pilot.

Must be driven in a Life time

by Car Enigma from Bowei, Maryland | June 27, 2013

Handles very well at the beach and also on rough terrains. Gas consumption for such a vehicle is reasonable and I will recommend to others.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A SUV for all ages

by Bobby Car Nut from Camarillo, California | February 20, 2013

Power, Safety, Gadgets, The real deal. Towing capacity,seating 7 with trunk room. Quiet need to experience to appreciate. Retractable Sun Roof that works. Regular fuel at 18 mpg on five fill ups around town driving. Has ECO for driving guidance on fuel consumption. The last of the affordable SUV's. I have parked the Mercedes.

Awesome and to s of space

by Honda for life from Ct | February 11, 2013

Great family vehicle. LX model certainly stripped down on options but great vehicle overall. Gas does seem to go quick based on gallons per miles but this is expected for a SUV.