2013 Honda Pilot

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2013 Pilot Constant Vibration During ECO Mode

by Jim from Connecticut | March 9, 2014

I previously owned a 2006 Honda Pilot and absolutely loved it. So, I bought a 2013 Honda Pilot in July 2013. This car has developed a constant vibration while the ECO mode is active (which is basically any time you are not accelerating or going up a hill!). It feel likes driving on grooved pavement! I asked Honda to disable the feature (not even fix the feature) and they said it is working as designed and will not do a thing to address the problem. I'VE GROWN TO HATE MY NEW HONDA PILOT. For a company supposedly based on Kaizen and customer satisfaction, I've come to realize that is all a farce. Honda does not care about their customers! I will never buy a Honda again and will do what I can to ensure that no one else falls into the trap that I'm in. Unfortunately, I need to keep this car for 5 or 6 years, though I have serious doubts about whether the car will fall apart much quicker than that with this vibration. Shame on you Honda! I know there has already been one class action law suit about the ECO system causing backfires. If anyone is aware on a second class action law suit to address this ECO vibration issue, I'm sure ready to sign up!

Great SUV

by mountain man from Denver, CP | January 14, 2014

EXL 4x4. I was able to get a new one for 29900 so it was cheaper than some of the used models. We looked at fords,chevy,toyota. This SUV fits our four young children great and 2 dogs when we need to take them. PLenty of room for long road trips and storage for everyone. Great SUV. We average about 19 in the city driving the kids to school nice an easy. In the HIGHWAY we were able to get 27 MPG. Handles great in the snow and powers up the mountains in Colorado without problems. I like the look My only complaint is NO mute button for radio and phone and NO pause button for the radio! whats up with that honda?? Also the acceleration is not like the V8 tahoe we used to have but the gas mileage and extra space in the back is worth it It handles great for camping and in the mountains and snow. Slight off trail no problems

Best SUV Value

by Mcgoveclan from Tampa, Florida | December 13, 2013

We bought a 2013 new Pilot EX-L from Lilly at Palm Harbor(FL) Honda and we liked the buying experience. We bought the Black Cherry with the tan leather, which is a good looking combination. We have driven it for 2500 miles and are averaging 20.5 mpg. A SUV of this size with that MPG was a big factor in choosing this vehicle. Pros Seats 8, which we have used. Nice leather and seat comfort, firm not plush. Michelin tires standard. Can tell it is built extremely well, very solid. Road noise not a problem. Auto headlights are nice. USB connection is nice. Nice size rear storage plus compartments. Cons Does have a blind spot from the second row headrests. Armrest does not slide forward. EXL does not have bumber sensors. High hood makes it hard to see in front of vehicle. Need cargo net as back storage is slanted down. Has a truck feel, not like a crossover. This was much cheaper than similar equipped Traverse and Explorer. We added tint, step bars and roof rails and it looks sharp. We are happy with the purchase and feel this vehicle could last forever.

Looks aren't everything

by 2013 Pilot from Rye, Ny | December 10, 2013

We bought a 2013 Pilot in June 2013 to replace our Jeep. Styling is, well, not great. It's just a box on wheels. The interior is just plastic everywhere even on our Touring model. But, under the hood, this is a monster. It handles great, accelerates well, and we got 24 mpg on our trip to New England at 70-80 mph. It was soooo much more comfortable than our Jeep. The Navigation system is good, but I prefer a touchscreen. XM radio is awesome. The only things I wish it had: a heated steering wheel, heated back seats, and ventilated front seats. 12000 miles and no problems. Bottom line: Chrysler guy gone Honda! Just try One and You will See!!!!!

one safe vehicle I was the crash test dummy

by bassmanpaul from Kansas City, KS | November 19, 2013

I just replaced my beloved 2013 Honda Pilot with a new 2014 Honda Pilot due to a car accident. I was t boned at 45 mph by a Ford F150 truck. I was hit at the drivers seat. All side air bags deployed and I walked away with just a bruise from my seat belt. I was hit so hard it knocked my vehicle up onto the side walk. My 2013 had only 12000 miles on it and was totalled by the insurance company. I can say without a doubt this is one safe vehicle. The fit and finish of this vehicle is second to none. This is one quality product. It pulls my small bass boat well at 2700 pounds without feeling it behind the vehicle. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. Thank you Honda for making a safe vehicle.

close but not quite

by smokey bear from Dallas, Tx | November 13, 2013

This vehicle met or exceeded my expectations in so many ways, with the exception being the exterior styling. The outside is so bland. Such a beautiful gift in an ugly box.

Nice automobile

by driver from key largo, fl | November 12, 2013

Salesperson Paul Lozano very knowledgeable and accommodating. Great to deal with this individual. Check them out.

Best SUV

by 4DUKE from Medford, NY | October 15, 2013

Great SUV, smooth ride, excellent handling and lots of options. Love the auto tailgate lift and separate window. Honda service makes it better!

Not disappointed

by Honda Lover from Bright, Indiana | October 3, 2013

Have wanted a Honda Pilot ever since they first started making them. Just got my first one a month ago. It did not disappoint. They have all the features I wanted. I appreciate the Blue Tooth and Rear Camera. Definite safety features. It 's a joy to drive. Smooth and comfortable. Thank you Honda! I LOVE IT

Most quiet and comfortable

by Golfer One from Valrico Fl | September 29, 2013

The salesman at Brandon Honda very friendly and knowlegeable. What they said they would do they followed thru with it. The wife and I are very happy with the Pilot. Would recommend the pilot to anyone. The biggest plus was the rating on consumer reports.