2009 Honda Ridgeline

15 city / 20 hwy

Overall

Very reliable truck

by Honker from Chicago | August 25, 2013

Enjoy Honda line of cars and trucks. This is 3rd Ridgeline we have owned. Love styling, ride, and reliability.

Rides like a car

by New Truck Guy from Northbrook, IL | December 3, 2012

Full featured truck that drives and has amenities of high end SUV. Great Ride with lots of storage besides pick up bed.

Couldn't be happier

by Markus from Uniontown, OH | June 16, 2012

I have had my 09 Ridgeline for a little over a month now. The trunk is even bigger than I had expected. Love the dual action tailgate. On the inside I was blown away by all the storage. I was looking for a "practical" truck for a family guy and there couldn't be a better fit. The running boards are a must have option if you have younger kids because it makes it super easy for them to get in and out on their own. Plus it looks alot better with them! So far fuel economy has been really consistent at about 17.2 mpg and I am mostly driving in town. I am a very happy Ridgeline owner.

honda ridgeline is the greatest !!

by Jimmyglendale from Indiana | March 28, 2012

I'm getting 19-20 mpg in town, got 21.6 on one tank, this truck rides much better than the noisy 08 nissan frontier i had prior to this purchase. Plus i have 4 wheel reliability in the snow in the winter time. I am really happy with my purchase! I found a 09 with only 14k miles on it, creampuff. enuf said.

drive it more like it more

by mellie from cape cod ma | May 4, 2011

still getting use to it but so far so good ! vehicle is very stable even sharp turns are executed very smoothly

Ridgeline is Hard to beat

by Big Bear from Boston | January 21, 2011

I now have 98K miles on my 2006 Ridgeline, and it has been very reliable, and quite functional at times. OK, sometimes you get laughed at( like when you go to buy mulch and only one yard fits in the bed), but six trips later you have all the mulch that is needed. The locking compartment ubder the bed is still the most ingenious feature of any truck I have seen. I keep tools. luggage. golf clubs, baseball gear in there and there is never any water . For tailgate parties, the compartment emtpies out, I fill it with ice, and we now have the worlds alrgest beer cooler. My only downside on this truck is the gas mileage, I average 16.5 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving. Sometime I feel as though the 3.5 liter engine just has to work that much harder to pull tthe weight, but the Rudgeline drives like a car once you are off the line, I am seriously consideriding reupping for a 2011 model this fall. I cannot find a better midsize truck out there.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very Reliable

by Ridgeline Owner 2 years from Niagara Falls Ontario | January 12, 2011

Haved owned this vehicle from new for 2 years 51,000Km. One, the wipers are not user friendly for snow, they do not lift as the hood blocks them. Dealer mechanic says they shut the car off when the wipers are half way up the windshield. they say the truck has thought of everything, using gloves, they missed the snow and ice. Everything is good nothing except the engine is great. Very dependable, not real good on gas. Do have a few little squeaks and noises that the dealer does not know how to find, or repair. The tonneau cover for the rear is overly expensive! If buying used be sure to check the cost of new hardware. So far have spent almost $300.00 for it without the cost of the used cover. Base of the drivers seat was broken and replaced by dealer. Very unhappy with dealer that l currently use. Great size vehicle for truck, for my use as a car mostly and hauling very little. Recently the windshield has cracked and run all the way across. Not covered by warranty. Most dealer service runs about $200.00. Not cheap to keep a Honda in good shape.

excellent pickup

by raz from Seattle | April 20, 2010

Turns fast and holds the road. Much better than the Colorado I use to have. I do not like the idea of no automatic headlights with interior lights that make me think the headlights are on. Mine did not come with fog lights and I will probably buy the Honda lights and put them on. Auto 4 x 4 is very good here in Wisconsin. Seats are comfortable, larger door handles work well.

Great Multipurpose truck...

by Long bike builder from Brownstown, IN. | March 23, 2010

I bought my 2009 Ridgeline RT one year ago this month. I wanted another new Ram 4x4. My 1999 Ram was getting tired. I test-drove Rams, Silverados, Tacomas, Ridgelines and Tundras. After testdriving all of those it came down to the Ridgeline and the Tundra. They were the quietest and seemed to be the sturdiest of all. I mostly need a car, but on weekends I need a truck for pulling my car hauler to shows, going to the lumber yard, ect. The milage difference in the Honda with the ride-quality really pointed me towards the Ridgeline. Now one year later with zero visits back to the dealer with anything except oil changes, I can honestly say it is the perfect truck for me. I pull my 1932 Ford roadster, my 1927 T roadster truck and as many as 4 motorcycles all the way to central Tennessee on my 18' flat bed. I've hauled exactly 2,088 lbs. of pavers in the bed (3 times) from Menards in Columbus. I've never been dissappointed in my decision to buy the Ridgeline. I bought custom wheels the first week. Had it tinted all the way around the next weekend, bought the trailor wiring harness the next week and had it installed along with the trailor brake. Other than that, I've done nothing other than drive and enjoy. Zero problems! Never had that with domestic trucks. Dave B.

A Mult-use truck for the private owner.

by Leo from Missouri | November 17, 2009

I bought a 2009 Ridgeline two weeks ago. First weekend I loaded up our dirt bikes for a camp/ride deal. I was really surprized. Honda did there research on bikes. They fit perfect and strapped in never moved a bit. I did order the extender bar for the bikes. Plenty of power, drives great, hugs the turns. Totally different than my pickup truck. Also cut wood at the riding area and loaded in the back for camp fire. Coming from a full size truck single cab, I was impressed with all the room and cubbies for storing gear and also the trunk for riding gear. Had my larger sized buddies seat in it and they said there is plenty of room. Fast forward to second weekend; Deer season. Boy did I get looks on my new vehicle. Driving in the back woods with a temp sticker on the back window. After they gwaucked, complained, laughed; I proceeded to show them how multi-use the vehicle really is and saved the trunk for last. Chain saw and other gear in the locked trunk. One friend and I used it for two days traveling back and forth from the national forest. I think the real kicker was when we went in to the small town with about 25 deer hunters in orange standing there as we pulled in with deer in the bed. They all walked over to see what the heck. And I added a little by opening the tail gate as a door, which caused a few mummbled comments. So,,Now back home washed her up and ready to do more work,play or whatever. I am totally pleased with it. I do have an rv(3100lbs), to really put it to the test. Honda manual does suggest a sway bar and I will be putting one on it. They don't recommend weight distribution bars. I have to pipe in further when I do this. Right now, it is a pleasure to drive. Call it what you want, car truck, truck, suv, etc. I am using it.. Also, made right here in Lincoln Alabama, U.S.A. by american workers.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)