2002 Honda S2000

20 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Awesome sports car

by S2000 from Wilmington, DE | April 6, 2014

Great car especially during nice weather - car is extremely reliable if taken care of properly. Highly recommend!

Handles like a go-cart

by Sports Car Enthusiest from Atlanta, GA | July 12, 2012

I purchased my Honda S2000 in May 2012. The vehicle has been excellent, so far, in every aspect. I would absolutley recommend it.

Funnest car I've ever owned

by DP from Santa Barbara, CA | July 3, 2012

I've owned a 911 GT3 (996), a few other 911s, M3's, an S4, and many other AMG cars. By far the best stock shifter in a car I've ever experienced, super fun. Cheap to modify and handles like a dream with a few minor things like bigger wheels/tires, springs, and sway bar. I bought it two months ago and it's worth more now than then. Fantastic fun!

Honda S2000 Dreams

by LAGuitar from Mansfield, PA | June 1, 2012

If you have ever had a desire to own a Honda S2000, now is the time. There are some good used examples around, but don’t wait! This car was only produced for 10 years in limited numbers and is hands-down one of the best sports cars in the world. Honda spared no expense in making the S2000 one of the world’s truly great cars and gave them away at the original asking price of 34K. The fit, finish and materials are all top notch. Light-weight and balanced, high-revving aluminum VTEC engine, stainless steel headers and exhaust, race car performance, sculpted lines, superb leather interior and the list goes on. This is the dream that is S2000...

no repairs

by lancef from houston, tx | October 22, 2011

bought a 5 year old Honda S2000 from a Honda dealer. I have been religious with oil changes, and been changing fluids per the manual. So far, I have only done routine maintenance; fluids, wiper blades, tires, one battery. NO REPAIRS....nothing has broken, the car is 10 years old, and is utterly reliable. I admit, I regularly get wild, and rack it out thru the gears. I love how quickly it picks up speed in it's power range. It hits 9K rpm scary fast. I saw a woman driving one a week ago, did not realize until then how sexy the car looks, going down the road.

5 years, no repairs

by lancef from houston,m tx | June 10, 2011

i only drive my s2k for fun. motorcycle for daily errands. have had a few sports cars, several convertibles, this is the best. i looked at trading for a vette, but my car was in better shape, so i declined. I get 25 mpg, NO REPAIRS, great looks. do the regular maintenance (fluids & tires), and never spend on anything else but gas. i shudder to think of the huge gasoline bills those SUV drivers are paying. when it hits its' power curve at 4500 rpm, it is flat scary, it takes off so fast. got scratch at 60 mph in third/fourth gear once. never tried that again. why break such a wonderful toy?

RACE CAR WITH AC AND STEREO

by CAYOTE from dallas,tx | March 16, 2011

Bought car a as present for my wife.I have been taken with speed,handling,and quality..I have also appreciated gas mileage and low maintenance costs.It is a bit noisy with the top up,but put the top down and it is a motorcycle with four wheels.I have taken mini vacations in the mountains with it. I DO NOT recommend it to first time drivers or inexperienced,,it is just too fast...

Incredible Car

by IndyBrian from Indiana | December 27, 2010

The quality is impeccable, the performance far exceeds my expectations! The smell and feel of that leather is - well, sexy. Very quiet interior in spite of the convertible top. I've had several convertibles, this is the one most like a hard top without the usual convertible woes. The electrically operated top goes up and down in seconds. Very forgiving stick-shift. The clutch has has a long 'spot'. Has enough torque to take off in first without even giving it any gas. This would be a good car to train a first-time stick shifter - but not a first car for a teenager! It's so fast and gets there so quickly it's scary.

Best Therapy Car You can buy

by Performance Driver from Wichita Kansas | December 18, 2010

The S2000 is by far the best performance sports car ever produced. I have owned a 2002 model since new and have never regretted my decision to buy it. I had been following the introduction of the S2000 and in 1999 even placed an order for one. But when my position came available I declined because of cold feet about owning the first year model. In 2002 the sales person from the Honda dealer called and invited me for a test drive. I was in love. The car fit like a glove and drove like it was on rails with absolute control but it was when I passed through 6000 RPM that I went OH Yeh this is the car. It is exciting to to drive both on the street and on the track ( dont race any more). Every time I drive it, I am re-charged emotionally. I am a pilot and fly piston and jet airplanes and can tell you this car flys on the ground. Nothing like a spring or fall day with the top down and open road. I would recommend this car to anyone (regardless of age) who likes to drive and who appreciates quality and performance. An added benefit is its cost of operation. Other than a convertible top seam problem.( Honda fixed it free) I have spent zero dollars on non scheduled maintenance. So far it has been the most dependible car I have ever owned. Find a a one owner car if possible who has not raced it professionally. You wont regret it.

GREAT FUN

by mjnrwc from SCOTTSDALE, AZ | November 20, 2010

IF YOU WANT POWER, HANDLING AND GREAT RELIABILTY THIS IS YOUR CAR. FIRST IT'S A HONDA AND THAT SAYS IT ALL, THEY HAVE MATCHED THE PERFECT POWER WITH HANDLING LIKE A FORMULA 1 CAR. A REAL BLAST TO DRIVE WITH GREAT STYLING. THE COMFORT IS FINE, BUT TAKES A LITTLE WORK AT GETTING IN AND OUT. IF YOU CAN FIND ONE....BUY IT!

Featured Services for this Honda S2000