2003 Honda S2000

20 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Unreal Honda S2000

by Honda Guy from Minneapolis, MN | September 17, 2012

Just bought a 2003 Honda S2000 with 14,000 miles. It's not a drag racer (0-60 in 5 something secs) but can it corner. Cement freeway cloverleafs at 55 and 60. (Tar is 20 % stickier). Sticks to the ground like it's painted on the road Fun to drive. Get a lot of comments like, "I'll bet that's fun!" I've put 3000 miles on it and I can't stop smiling. I'm 5-9, 175 and the seat bolsters fit me like a glove. Met a guy with an S2000 with 98,000 miles. He said it still rages down the road like it did when new. 2 liter, 4 cylinder, 240 horses at 9000 rpm. Screams like a Formula One. Highly recommend S2000.

What More Could You Ask?

by Buckman from southern California | July 10, 2011

I've owned a 2003 since new and I still love this car. It is reliable, quick, fun to drive, easy to maintain, economical and does not cost me an arm and a leg to insure like owning a Boxster or a TT would. The styling is timeless, if a little conservative, but we are talking about a Honda after all. A friend of mine, after driving it, termed it a 4 wheel motorcycle. I think he nailed it. I have driven it on the Dragons Tail in North Carolina - what a rush. The car is exactly what it was designed to be and doesn't try to be anything else. If you want to haul a bunch of people or gear, this is not your car. If you want to enjoy the wind in your hair, an engine that loves to be above 4000 rpm and cornering that will astonish you, this is your car.

Bang for the buck

by Matt from Clifton, VA | August 21, 2010

After seven years and 100K miles this car still puts a smile on my face. In my opinion it is the most bang for the buck one can find. I bought mine new in 2003 and it was almost half the price of a Boxster and thousands less than a Z-3. In March of 2010 I had to do my first repair (other than change the fluids and lubes. It cost me almost $5.00 for a license plate bulb. One has to love Honda reliability.

Awesome toy

by Evoking from Austin, TX | May 19, 2010

I bought an 03 S2000 new and absolutely loved it! I've owned a bunch of other sports cars including Porsche and BMW M cars. I really liked how nimble the S2000 felt. At the time I also owned a 911 and the funny thing is that I liked driving the S2k more. The only downside is that the high-reving motor lacks torque; but most people know and expect this.

BEst Car i have Ever Owned

by LG24 from Inland Empire,Ca | September 8, 2009

i bought this car about 4 months ago and i still cant find anything i dont like about this car. This car is Super fast and fun to drive. There's nothing like this high reving 9k redline beast. Not to mention this is endless aftermarket support.

The best car I've ever owned

by Buff Crone from AZ | May 30, 2009

I've owned a TR3, TR7, and TR8, a 1984 Corvette. I even owned the original Mustang. The Honda is without a doubt the best car I've ever owned. It's incredibly fun to drive, reliable, relatively fuel efficient and almost completely trouble free.

Best Sports Car I've Owned

by FLY S2K from Dallas, TX | June 13, 2008

This is the third convertible that I have owned, and I had such a bad experience with the previous two, I made sure to leave a long gap before purchasing the S2000. My first car was a Fiat 124 Spyder which spent most of it's time in the shop...it was fun, slow, and unreliable. My second was a Mazda RX7 Convertible which was fun, fast, and reliable until the rotary engine failed. As I was looking for another convertible, I spent about two years researching which one I should buy and had it down to the BMW Z3, Porsche Boxster, and the Honda S2000. I decided on the Honda because it is faster, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to fuel, and seemingly more rare (at least where I live) than the other two. I purchased my car used, and I absolutely love it!! The VTEC engine is definitely a marvel because of it's tremendous power output and excellent fuel economy. Handling on this car is also second to none (except for maybe the Elise)...if you take this car onto a twisty road, it will happily accelerate through every curve and loves being "abused." My only gripes are very minor ones. The seats are not the most comfortable for long rides (although I have taken mine on two 5+ hour road-trips with no major fuss), but a little bit more seat padding would be nice. My other gripe is the noise...the little 2.0 VTEC engine works very hard making the power, and it is a little bit noisy while cruising. All of that aside, I absolutely love it!! This purchase was made after much careful consideration, research, and test-drives, this has been the best vehicle purchase I have made.

RIDES LIKE A PORSH

by Rag Top Lover from Lynbrook, NY | June 24, 2007

Had a Miata,Eclipes Spider(RAG TOP), and a Beamer Roodster. The Miata had no guts, the spyder after 30,000 though it was going to fall apart, the BMW killed me at the mechanics, but the S2000 I love, get the same performance asa the beamer, and trhe knowledge of reliability and longevity of a Honda, this car flys with it's V-Tech engine.

Great Car

by Saliman from Surrey,BC | June 11, 2007

The Car is available in many differeNt sporty colors and a few added options are available. I havn't seen much of a change since the 2002 model. If you are looking for a sporty convertible, this is one of the best options you have. Although the s2000 might seem to be pricey, the parts are high quality and built to last. Overall this is a better choice over the convertible Nissan 350Z. This car is one of the best Hondas ever created.

SPORTS CAR ENTHUSIAST

by SPORTS CAR ENTHUSIAST from Phoenix, AZ | June 1, 2006

In all the sports cars available, this is the only true example of a classic sports car feal matched with ultimate state of the art technology. This car performs with the big boys at a much discounted price, in fact none of the competition can give you that quick and solid feel. It is constantly screeming to be let out of it's cage. The high performance four cylinder is a delicate balance of brains and brawn. This car offers a classic sports car experience with modest cost. Leave it to Honda to build a car that has not ever existed before and will never be duplicated. No matter what you might think, if you have never driven a Honda S2000 then you have never experienced what only an S2000 can offer you.

Featured Services for this Honda S2000