2004 Honda S2000

20 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Just too much fun

by Whitewoolf from Durham, NC | April 19, 2014

I just purchased my S2000 and I couldn't be happier. The car is a blast to drive and the styling is timeless. It's not a car for large people, though. The interior is tight and every bit of space is used. Well designed interior makes good use if the space. I'm looking forward to many years of fun with my S2000

Roadster Extraordinaire

by JP from San Joaquin Valley, California | May 2, 2013

If you want to call the S2K a gocart or a skateboard, whatever.... The car sticks in the turns amazingly. It is a sad day that Honda discontinued this car. We purchased a mint 2004 with only 5K miles and it is the most fun car to tool around in. I've looked at this car for several years and finally found a Rio Yellow, my wifes favorite color. I bought it and told her it was hers, now just need to get her to drive it more. The soft top drops very easily and here is where the poorest of engineering on the S2K comes in, the boot for covering the folded soft top. A real pain to attach each time. Oh well, a fine automoble!

Street Legal Go Cart

by Z0M8135 from Phoenix, AZ | February 12, 2013

I traded in my truck for this car, and there are some drawbacks going from a truck to a car, and then there are some bonuses. I do miss having all the space, and being able to offroad, but there is also the impressive handling and speed in this car. I love my S2K, its fast as all get out, especially when the VTEC kicks in, dont be afraid to push this baby, she can go pretty far, just make sure the engine is warmed up and maintain the fluids and change them at correct time and this car can keep on going and going and going. There are so many after marked mods for this car, so I plan on spending the cash. I rated this car as if it were a sports car, not a normal four door sedan, if your looking for a family car, look away from this, unless its a secondary car just for you, which is how it was for me.

Fun and Fast

by Jon from Concord, NH | September 24, 2012

I was surprised at how comfortable this car was since it was the replacement of my daily driver. Honda's are meant to last and I expect this one to give me no trouble for years. The car has power, and people on the road are surprised when I keep up with their Mercedes and BMW's. Honda should of kept this car in production! Expect to go through rear tires because you'll love taking corners at high speeds with the S2000, it handles like a dream.

quick sporty good looking

by jp from Silver Point TN | September 23, 2012

After looking for months and deciding a 2008 was too expensive, I "settled" for a 2004. Not a muscle car at 237 hp, but plenty with the light weight. A hoot to drive on mountain roads and ok on the interstates. Quiet running so you can hear a break out coming when the Bridgestones start to complain about as soon as any other sign that you're taking a curve as fast as you can. Lowest gas mileage when pushing pretty hard was 24, but ususally 28 or 29. My favorite of 11 previous sports cars I've owned (MGB, 260Z, 944, Miata, included).

Enjoying driving again- in the ulitimte TOY

by S2K in Buck County PA from Philadelphia, PA | September 20, 2012

As soon as I got behind the wheel of the 04 S2000, I knew that I had to have one. After owning one for 3 months I don't know how I did not have one before. The 6 speed transmission gearing and the shifter are ideal, I never have to drop down more than one gear. I really enjoy the back roads where the S2000 shines around curves. I like the idea that you can accelerate and not feel like you have to hit the brakes. I have owned a few new and used Accords so I know that reliability is not an issue.

Affordable Exotic

by S2K Owner from Connecticut | September 10, 2012

The S2000 drives likes an exotic without the maintenance and reliability worries. The 2.2L engine has plenty of torque and does not require frequent downshifting in normal driving, though doing so definitely increases the fun factor. The soft top is not quiet and hence the slight knock on comfort. Otherwise excellent.

Third S2000, First Used

by S2000 Gal from Middletown, NY | November 12, 2010

This is my 3rd S2000, I've owned an 06 and an 08 previously, both purchased new. Due to circumstances I had to sell the 08 and I got my 2004 just 2 months later after not being able to live without one :) With just over 23,000 at time of purchase it felt nearly like a new car and reliability has been excellent. First stop was to be checked over by my regular mechanic and he tells me it is in great condition. I will need brakes in the spring but that is to be expected in a 7 year old car. Things I love about the 04: no TMPS, DRL, maintenance minder, and the Suzuka Blue color! Things I miss from the newer S: a dash temperature gauge (yup, that's it). Still getting used to not having traction control on this one (VSA). For those who are not S fanatics, this is a 6 speed manual gearbox, RWD and perfect 50/50 front/rear weight ratio car. The convertible top folds up or down in about 5 seconds. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Honda S2000 - wish they still made them. If you can't buy new, don't be afraid of a used one! http://www.TeamSuzuka.com

Fits like old jeans

by BMW guy - Except for this car and a truck from North East Mississippi | May 17, 2009

I drive my S2000 20 miles to work every day (15 miles of back roads, and 5 miles in town). It's easy to get in and out of, and the suspension is as compliant as a civic, and way cushier than my truck. The engine will put around and play nice and efficient in town, but puts on it's game face on the back roads. As far as the long haul, I'd MUCH rather do 1000 miles in this car than in the jump seat of my wife's minivan. Spend the extra money for a car with a hard top. It goes on in five minutes, and makes the S2000 a 4-season car. Snow tires are a good idea between November and April whether you plan to drive in the snow or not, because the summer tires get very hard in cold weather.

Everyone should have a raodster once in their life

by Honda Momma from Indinapolis, IN | May 9, 2009

The Honda S-2000 is awesome!!! After driving mini-vans for 20 years, I went back to school, changed jobs and got a hot car...with room only for me and my husband, no kids and no gear! It is so fun to drive, it makes me feel like a kid again! The six speed manual transmission never lets me forget that I am driving a high performance vehicle. It's great to drop the top and turn up the heat on a winter day, and crank up the radio and go driving nowhere in particular.

Featured Services for this Honda S2000