2007 Honda S2000

See Photos & Videos

Overall

S2000

by Bob from Columbus Ohio | September 1, 2012

This car is a blast to drive fast. It can be frustrating to drive slow in traffic. it isn't very practical, you can barely fit a set of golf clubs. It doesn't get great gas mileage it's noisy you will most likely need to upgrade the stereo. you'd better have a second car for the winter or to carry stuff. there are 1,000,000 reasons not to buy this car. but, when you've had a bad day, you get in this car, crank up your new stereo put the convertible top down and drive home through some back roads, your decision to purchase this car will have been validated.

Impressive

by JPEN from TX | April 17, 2012

2007 S2K, bought used with 28k mi. Chose the S2K over the half-dozen Z4's I test drove. Value, performance and reliability. Impressively hugs the road but you pay for it in tires, but that's just the car and driver doing what the car was designed for. The car's performance can be cost-effectively enhanced with simple OEM replacements of intake, pulleys and flywheel - and the good part about this ANY shop can do it! Best car I've owned, fits me perfectly.

A great sports car!

by Jazzman from Massachusetts | November 7, 2011

Great styling and performance! So much fun to drive. Only thing I would change is the suspension. It is tough on tires and requires premium gas. Th emileage is very good and you get Hinda reliability. A well built car.

A great performer

by S2k Owner from Southern NH | October 23, 2011

I've owned my '07 S2000 for a little over a year. I bought it used with about 15K miles. My overall impression so far is that the car definitely lived up to my high expectation, but there are some aspects of the design that I think can be improved. Interior: It's snug. The leather seats are comfortable and keep you in place especially during tight cornering. Better for those folks under 6'2 though. I haven't been on any trips that lasted more than an hour so I can't comment on comfort for long rides. The dash is oriented towards the driver and all controls are well within reach. The dash-mounted audio controls are a waste in my opinion. Since it's a manual transmission I drive with my left hand and it's much easier to adjust the radio with my right hand, which is just a few inches from the shifter. I have no issues with the other controls or the dashboard, which is all digital. The power roof lowers and raises quickly and it's easy to lock and unlock. Finally, a set of golf clubs will make it in the trunk but with little room to spare. Exterior: I can't think of one thing that would improve the exterior styling of this car. I think that subjective regardless so I won't comment on that further. Driving: If you've owned any other Honda in the past, don't expect the ride to be similar. The S2000 is a sports car and the experience is visceral in all areas. You're just inches from the road and the suspension is tight, which is great for cornering; not for pot holes. You'll also be constantly aware of the engine and drivetrain. This is all part of the territory for this type of automobile and why many, including myself, choose a vehicle like this. On the downside, it's a little difficult to see when you're backing out of a parking space with the roof up and the headlights don't illuminate enough of the road ahead for my liking. All things considered, the Honda S2000 is a lot of fun to drive and any negatives are far outweighed by the positives. It's a Honda so you can assume that it will hold its value and provide many years of reliable, trouble-free miles. This car is capable of much more than I am willing to push it to and I'll admit that that I haven't taken this car over 100. At that speed it's very smooth and clear that there's much more it can deliver. The handling is outstanding. Take an offramp and 60 and you won't hear a peep from the tires. If you're considering this vehicle then I recommend that you choose carefully. Many owners take their vehicles to the track and I've found many with after-market modifications in my search. This car also attracts older drivers as well so chances are there's one tucked away in a garage near you that has been treated with care and ready for a new home. Good luck.

Most Exciting car I have ever owned

by Big John from St. George, UT | May 4, 2011

This car is wonderful to look at and more of a pleasure to drive. Powerful engine and tranny--I drive it like I stole it !!!!!! I have owned more than 50 cars in my lifetime and this is the overall best looking, best performing car that has ever graced my garage.

Best sports car I've owned in 43 years

by Car, Dog, and Biker Enthusiast from Frederick, Maryland | January 18, 2011

My 2007 S2000 replaced my 2005 S2000 after a young commuter fell asleep and totalled my parked 2005 on his way home (just a couple weeks after I paid it off). Until I bought the 2007 replacement, I thought the 2005 S2000 was the best sports car I had owned, much superior to the Porsches, Jaguars, MGs, a Mustang GT, several VWs, a Volvo P1800, and many others I have owned. The S2000 has the performance of a high end sports car, coupled with the dependability of an Accord. That says it all. Except it is amazing how improved the 2007 is over the 2005 in real world driving. The ASC in the 2007 keeps the back end stabile in icy and rainy conditions, the only real drawback to the 2005. Also the 2007 has more speakers, a better interior. The S2000 also gets relatively good gas mileage. As far as entertainment value, I originally bought my 2005 after test driving a new Corvette. The Corvette had superlative performance, but was frankly boring when driven at legal speeds. I am a long-time biker, and have learned that HDs are fun because you can be entertained whiled driving them at legal speeds. The same is true of the S2000 - no, it doesn't go 180 mph like a Porsche 911 or Corvette - but that kind of performance only makes sense if you live in Wyoming or Nevada. For the kind of driving I do (East Coast), the S2000 has as much performance as the roads allow, while providing maximum entertainment at legal speeds. I highly recommend it if you can fit into it.

Honda S2K is what a sports car is supposed to be!

by Middle Age Mobile from Nashville, TN | December 20, 2010

The S2K is one of the purest sports cars I have ever driven. The styling is great! Unbelievable performance. AND the reliability of Honda. You can't go wrong, if you take the time to buy one from someone who knew how it should be treated!

bygfu

by smiley from | September 13, 2010

this is an awsome car i would recommend u buy this car this is a said world that the honda s2000 is dead but i hope in my future there will be a car like it

It's my daily driver.

by DrBob from San Diego | April 21, 2010

Try it first before you buy it because it's not for everyone. It's raw, noisy, bounces on rough roads, but provides total control and will give you the most exhilerating ride you could ever imagine. I did over 7,500 miles on my first shake down cruise, never got tired sitting in seats that grab and hold you, and averaged over 30 MPG. I'm 69 years old, 5'10" 180 lbs, and use this as my daily driver. Put on over 24K miles the first year. Best feature is the electric top that folds back in just seconds.

A true driver's car!

by Driver Enthusiast from Oklahoma City, OK | December 13, 2008

This car is not for everyone and ONLY true driving enthusiasts will appreciate it. Comfort is perfect for my 6' even 190 lb frame. The ride is your typical sports car feeling so if you want luxury you are looking at the wrong car! I love the road feel and balance that this car provides. I average 25-27 mpg with 80% highway and 20% city driving, commuting about 350 miles a week. It may be a little sluggish at low RPM but it pulls like a monster when the VTEC kicks in. I agree with all the others that storage space is minimal and the radio is somewhat a compromise but I bought this car to put the top down and enjoy! I get compliments all the time and a lot of stares when driving. I tested a Saturn vue Redline, BMW Z4 and none came close to the driving excitement as my White 2007 gives me. Again this car is for a select few drives who like to drive and not yap on their cell phones at the same time. If you fit this model then you truly owe it to yourself to test drive one of the finest roadsters available.

Featured Services for this Honda S2000