The Hummer H2 got a new interior last year, and this year it gains the option of captain's chairs in the second row. It's available as both the H2 SUV and H2 SUT, which is an H2 with a pickup bed instead of an enclosed SUV cargo area. Extremely capable off road, the H2 competes with the Land Rover LR3, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Mercedes-Benz GL-Class.
New for 2009
Optional second-row captain's chairs, limited-edition Black Chrome model and flex-fuel engine.
The H2 is about the same length as the Land Rover LR3, which makes it about 3 inches longer than the Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's 6 inches wider than the LR3 and nearly 10 inches wider than the Grand Cherokee. Off-roaders take note: The H2 has the highest ground clearance, at 10 inches, compared to 9.5 inches for the LR3 and 8.5 inches for the Grand Cherokee.
- Black Chrome limited-edition model with 20-inch wheels and black chrome grille, hood latches, door handles and other trim pieces
- Bottom of grille matches metal finish of lower skid plate
- SUT models have pickup bed and midgate that opens into cabin
- Maximum 6-foot-long bed for SUT models
Both the H2 SUT and SUV were freshened up on the interior for 2009, with new seats, new interior trim surfaces and blue-glowing gauges on the dashboard.
- Heated and power-tilt steering wheel available late in 2009 model year
- Third-row-seat storage mechanism improved to provide more cargo space in H2 SUV models
- OnStar can download directions straight to the navigation system (if equipped)
- Optional second-row captain's chairs
- Rear-seat DVD entertainment system
Under the Hood
The standard V-8 engine is 6.2 liters, and it puts out 393 horsepower and 415 pounds-feet of torque. For 2009, the engine is flex-fuel capable. Towing capacity is 8,200 pounds.
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- H2 can climb steps or boulders up to 16 inches high
- Can climb 60 percent grade
- Permanent four-wheel drive
Among the standard safety features are:
- Side curtains that deploy downward along the side windows for all three rows of seats
- Electronic stability system
- Electronic brake assist
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Mike Hanley||Cars.com National||November 19, 2008|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||June 25, 2008|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the HUMMER H2 SUV
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.