2006 HUMMER H3 SUV

16 city / 20 hwy

Overall

Safe and Rugged

by Humvee from hicktown, ohio | October 15, 2014

When the hummer brand was made I have always wanted one and finally got one and wont be trading it in or selling it until the wheels fall off. Bought with 123k and currently sits at 160k. This vehicle gives you the peace of mind of being very safe. Ive read and heard of the horrific crashes people have been in with these hummers h3's and have walked away with there lives. This is just one of the reasons I bought one. The gas mileage is nothing to complain about cause if you wanted to save money at the pump you would have bought a prius. The car always turns heads and is very capable off road, digging its way through mud holes I was sure I would get stuck in. Snow driving is very good with esp and traction control keeping the 3.5 ton suv on the road. It drags trees out of the woods with ease to cut firewood and tows like a champ. I would recommend the 2007 and up model due to the extra 20 horsepower and that a certain number or early model 06's need to have valves, valve seals and guides changed because they were defective. (had this done to mine because mine was one of the first thousands made). I got mine very cheap under 9 thousand and decked it out with off road parts. Am planning on getting a second h3 so I can really use this hummer for what it was meant for and thats serious off roading.

Hard to believe

by Cowboy Slim from Grand Island Ne. | March 22, 2014

As I was looking for a hummer I seen so many that had low miles but was not taken care of. I seen the pics of one and all it had to offer and was out to make it mine. The hummer had no dents had not been in a accident, the interior looked like new no cracks or tares. It has a sunroof which is awesome and good tires. This is the deal of a lifetime!!!!!

A Bulletproof Vest with Rugged Style

by ZWylde1 from Midwest-Illinois | December 26, 2012

I have always had a desire to own a Hummer and thought that it would remain a desire , nothing more . Well thanks to the influx of " mini " cars . rising fuel costs , my desires became a reality . I was always impressed with the simple rugged looks of the entire Hummer line up , but to drive one , well it was well worth the wait . The vehicle rides impressive for a " small " SUV . Turning or turning radius is AMAZING , WOW . Interior is much like outside , simple but with all the cool gadgets , ie heated seats ,lumbar support , onstar , multi disc in dash CD , etc . . . Oh did I mention a GIGANTIC moonroof !!! The engine is adequete but would have liked to see a bit more power , after all I did not buy this for economical fuel type reasons " LOL " but engine will get you out into traffic fast enough and pass cars with same gusto other vehicles of this genre will . Overall I am very happy as this vehicle has given me the assurance in any weather I will get to my destination and get there SAFELY !!! I feel as if I have on a " bulletproof vest " with how safe this makes me feel . Cannot believe GM is no longer making them any longer , I am a believer in my H3 and so glad I was afforded the chance to drive/own one !

My H3 saved our lives!

by Dsquared from SC | December 10, 2012

I bought my Hummer H3, because my brother had owned an H3 and an H2 and loved them. I bought mine, because I had a 15 year old with a driver's permit. I wanted to have some peace of mind that he was driving something safe. Well, about 6 months after I bought it, my son (still with permit) ran off the road with me in the passenger side, and my 8 year old daughter in the back. The right tires went up a steep embankment, and we felt like we were going to turn over since it was lifting one side of the car. Since my son felt like we were going to roll, he snatched it to the left, crossed the road, and we hit an embankment on the opposite side of the road. Luckily, no one was coming in the opposite lane. He totaled the car, because it warped the entire bottom of the car. The wheels took all the impact. The air bags did not even deploy, because the embankment did not touch the hood. Because of the height, the wheels took the heat. We were all wearing seat belts. My son hit his knee. I had a seat belt burn, and my daughter had a jammed thumb. I really believe we would have been killed or seriously injured, if we had been driving a car. First, we probably would have turned over, but the weight and width of this car kept us from doing so. Second, I think the impact itself would have caused serious injury as well. I feel like this vehicle saved our lives.

I LOVE my H3!

by SUV lover... from Palm Springs, Ca. | June 8, 2012

I always wanted one of these...I was afraid to take the leap when they first came out and was going to settle for a Jeep, a very good vehicle and a lookalike. But every time I saw one of these babies in traffic my heart raced. I finally got one and I LOVE it. LOVE it!! Great ride, gas is no big deal. It has a much better grasp of the road than did my Trooper or Explorer. It is capable, feels safe, handles speed easily , and feels and looks like luxury. Grab this baby...you won't be sorry....it's a classic!!

ALL AROUND GREAT FUN SUV ON OR OFF ROAD

by BAJAEXPLORER from SAN DIEGO | June 4, 2012

I HAVE DONE A FEW THINGS TO MAKE BETTER OFF-ROAD WORTHY.I LIFTED TO PUT ON BFG 35"S-BILSTEIN 5100 WITH SKIDS-ROCK RAILS-FRONT BUSH GUARD-KC LIGHTS-MUD FLAPS-LARGE ROOF RACK.I HAVE DONE ABOUT 4000 MILES OFF-ROAD IN BAJA-MOJAVE-AND DEATH VALLEY.THIS H-3 WILL GO ANYWHERE A JEEP WILL GOOD IN ALOT MORE COMFORT.I KNOW BECAUSE I BELONG TO A BAJA OFF-ROAD CLUB OF JEEPS.I AM GOING TO SELL MINE AND GET A 2010 WITH V-8.BRING BACK THE H-3

Uses car for Off-roading

Most fun vehicle since the Wranglers

by T L from Simpsonville, SC | May 1, 2012

I love the truck. I would like to see a return of Hummers to the marketplace. I will keep it a long long time

Unbiased

by Roadtrip1098 from maine | December 13, 2011

Let me start by saying I have owned a total of 4 Jeeps in the last 10 years. I had 2 Wranglers, one with the 4 cyl, one with the straight 6, 1 Cherokee Pioneer 4cyl, and a Grand Cherokee with the 318. When I owned them I thought they were the greatest thing in the world and no wannabe Hummer driving panzie was going to tell me different. Which starts me off with the biggest con of owning an H3: Jeep Fanboys. As a former ill informed Jeep lover - please allow me to tell you exactly what's up with the H3. The motor: 3.5L Straight 5, some call it lackluster, unimpressive or downright bad. I think those are a little exaggerated. When compared with ANY Wrangler the H3 has much more usable power throughout the entire speed range. Compared to a Grand Cherokee with a 318 or 360 of course it's not going to keep up. The Tranmission: 4 spd Auto, Old tech lifted from a larger Silvarado series, yes it's heavy and shifts like any larger GM pickup. It's also tough as nails. When paired with the 4:1 low range transfer case with push button selection it'll provide enough power to the wheels to do whatever you need. Front End: Has an aluminum housed differential with half shafts for independent suspension held up by easy to adjust torsion bars. Pretty standard stuff here, but if you're looking for tough go with the 2009 with the adventure package which is a stronger housing with an electric locker in it. Rear end: Standard straight Axle sitting on leafs. The Adventure package gives you an e-locker in the rear for 2006 all the way up through. Body styling: Massive tow hooks that are tight enough so they don't rattle, big fenders, love it or hate it. Metal skid plates are great and are standard, chrome coated side steps provide easy access and double function as rock sliders. Interior: On par with most Cadillac or other high end luxury vehicles. Very nice leather, nice looking dash, good heating and cooling system. The optional Monsoon sound system sounds great. On startup the dash comes to life - the warning lights seem to stay on for a while which makes me think GM skimped on an ECU. Nonetheless everything functions great. Some of the seat control buttons are hard to get to. On the road: Very quiet interior, pretty nimble, and handles as though it's much smaller, though the view out the front would have you believe you're driving a yacht. Very tight turning radius, compliant suspension. Not as good as a Lexus or Cadillac, but better than the Jeeps. Off road: It's as close as you can get to a 4 Door Wrangler X in capability while still having a vehicle that's nice to drive. The wheel base is a little longer than 2 dr. Jeeps, which means planning your turns. the stance is also a little wider though, so it allows for more stable driving on a slope. It feels very sure footed whether in mud, snow, climbing rocks or driving through deep water. I'd say it's as good as any stock Jeep and can hold it's own with many of the lifted Jeeps in the area. All in all, I see why people hate the H3. It is very comfortable and capable. Now that they're all a few years old and struts are starting to wear out and they are becoming more affordable I can't wait to see what happens when people set them up to be even better off road.

love!

by liznew3238 from monroe, LA | October 3, 2011

I have had a fully loaded H3 for 2 years now. Best vehicle ever. Super safe and fun to drive. It lacks a little power but it is a tank...what do you expect?

Awesome look slow ride

by Big Man from MN | September 7, 2011

My hummer h3 is an amazing and tankish but it's slower that it looks with a 5 cylinder engine so it's slow

Featured Services for this HUMMER H3 SUV