The Hummer H3 SUV and H3T pickup are available with a base 3.7-liter five-cylinder engine or a 300-horsepower, 5.3-liter V-8. Based on price alone, the H3 competes with the Land Rover LR2, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Lincoln MKX. In terms of off-road chops, it runs with the likes of the Jeep Wrangler, Toyota FJ Cruiser and Nissan Xterra.
(Skip to details on the: H3T)
New for 2010
The optional 5.3-liter V-8 gains flex-fuel capability, which means it's able to run on E85 ethanol, regular gasoline or any combination of the two.
The H3 is easily identifiable as a Hummer due in part to its short overhangs, upright windshield and windows, wide track and immense tires. Flat, chiseled surfaces also make the H3 noticeable. The seven-slot grille is flanked by round headlights in square openings.
- Two-foot water-fording depth
- Standard front tow hooks
- Rear swing gate incorporates fixed glass and a door-mounted full-size spare tire
- Standard 16-inch wheels
- Optional sunroof
The H3 has sporty bucket seats up front and a 60/40-split folding rear bench. It accommodates up to five people.
- Standard remote keyless entry and three 12-volt power outlets
- Standard cloth upholstery
- Optional heated leather seats
- Optional DVD navigation system
- Optional backup camera
Under the Hood
The H3 is powered by a 3.7-liter inline-five-cylinder engine with dual overhead cams and variable valve timing. It makes 239 hp and 241 pounds-feet of torque. There is also an optional 5.3-liter V-8 that makes 300 hp and 320 pounds-feet of torque.
- Five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission; V-8 is only automatic
- 4,500-pound towing capacity with inline-five-cylinder; H3T has 4,400-pound max
- 6,000-pound towing capacity with V-8; H3T's maximum is 5,900 pounds
- Standard full-time four-wheel drive
- Underbody skid plates
- Off-Road Adventure Package includes front and rear locking differentials
Safety features include:
The H3T is a crew-cab pickup with a 5-foot cargo bed and room for five people. The H3T is longer than the SUV to accommodate its 5-foot bed, so it's positioned above midsize trucks but below full-size ones. It also has Hummer off-road capability, with standard full-time four-wheel drive.
The rear seats fold flat to create a level surface. The cargo box has a standard bedliner, a rail system and built-in storage compartments.
The H3T Alpha tops the range with a 300-hp V-8 engine, while the base model gets a 242-hp inline-five-cylinder. Back to top