2004 Hyundai Accent

Available in 4 styles:  2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback shown

29 city / 33 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great little car for the money!

by AK from Bowling Green, OH | June 17, 2014

I have had my little Hyundai for 5 years (09-14). I got 'her' because she was the only car I could afford, but it was a wonderful decision! She has served me wonderfully. Reliable, great gas mileage, and dependable. She is now at 150k miles and only has a few little issues (broken horn for whatever reason). She has always had a little trouble driving in the mountains, but she trucks along. The interior has held up for the most part, but the exterior paint has bubbled and peeled. She averages 35 highway (38 on her best days). Great car for the money!

exclient little car

by mighty from reno navada | April 8, 2012

bought this car in may 2010 for 4200 this is the secont accent if had bought one in 2003 brand new drove for 2 years then traded in for a pt crusier huge mistake anyways this 2004 for is great I go 200 miles a day never lets me down ive read reviews that the automatic in these cars are no good mines a 5 speed i would not get this car in an automatic im a ford man i own 2 the accent was the first to come to mind win i went car shoping plese think about an accent if your shoping for a small car only get it in stick you wont be sorry

Great value..

by Dan_R from Nebraska | June 24, 2011

OK, this is my wife's car actually, but most of the time I drive it - for better gas mileage. This is a GREAT car. Great gas mileage. Very low maintenance costs. And I can even do the oil change by myself (unlike my Subaru Impreza). We had never had any serious problems with it. Minor this and that issues were taken care of under the warranty. Only money we spent on it were for oil, air filter changes and tires. Major cons are: Noisy cabin, specially in HWY driving. No cruise control. Tight rear leg-room. Almost invisible AC on indicator (I hate this switch - it is impossible to see if it is ON or OFF when driving).

great car for the money

by Jody from Everett, WA | March 11, 2011

My kids and I think this car is great. The seats are very comfortable, so it's good for day trips. The mileage is really good. My son is learning to drive, and he's having an easy time of it with this vehicle. The steering and visibility are excellent. I don't have a single negative thing to say about this car.

Beast car I thing

by Izabel from Chicago | January 6, 2011

I have owned same car 2004 .I sold when 110000 ml. I used 4 year I bouht 60000ml .I was really happy whit that car works runs very good this car also if something is happins parts is very chip . Cast one bat thing windows is not automatic regular . But I recommend this car

Fun little car

by rice-rocket racer from Chicago, IL | May 24, 2009

This is a great little commuter car. I have had mine for five years which included 40 mile round trip commutes to work every day. I have moved four times using my baby and I am always surprised at how much I can cram into the trunk and I can fit an armchair in the back seat. It is the perfect size car for me since I rarely have passengers, but I must admit that passengers get the short end of the stick while in the car since there is little leg room in the backseat. Accelerration is difficult to get onto an interstate, but once going the car drives well (even if it shakes a bit around 70) The interior is nothing to write home about but the stereo works fine.

Reliable, Reliable, Reliable

by Hyundai Owner from Lancaster, PA | May 13, 2009

My wife and I both purchased Hyundai Accents in college. Hers is a 2003 and mine is a 2004 GT. both were bought new from the dealership. As traveling musicians, we toured a lot in our little cars up and down the northeast and midatlantic coast. I have put 115,000 miles on mine in only 5 years, and 105,000 on my wife's in 6 years. We never had any problems. only ever routine maintenance, most of which I've done myself. The only problem we ever had was a Crank Sensor that had to be replaced in her car. Other than that these cars has been nothing but reliable, and the trunk room is always a surprise.

Great little car!

by ErinE from | April 28, 2009

So reliable. Needed no repairs for the first 4 years. Had my choice of many hatchbacks when I decided to get a new car recently. For the price and quality, I went with another Accent. I'll miss the vertical seat adjuster in the 2009--they did away with it. That adjuster might have been my favorite feature in the 04. Great little car.

Worst car I've ever had

by Horrified Buyer from Los Angeles | January 23, 2009

Bought an 2004 Accent with 53K. I heard they were getting better, but it is the worst car I ever had. The warranty for second owner is only 60K not 100K like they advertise. I had problems with the gas guage, boiling coolant, Check engine light, transmission, wheel bearings, Temp guage in the red (after boiling was fixed) They only fixed the boiling coolant and the gas guage under warranty. The dealer refused to fix the other problems even though the car was under warranty. I took the car to another dealer, but hyundai wouldn't let the other dealer fix the problems under warranty because I was a few hundred miles over 60K...even though I tried to get the problems fixed under warranty before 60K. I spent several thousand dollars out of my own pocket to get this car road worthy.

Great Car for Commuting

by JustAnotherDriver from Florida | September 27, 2008

My Accent has been dependable and fun to drive. It is also economical with great gas mileage. It is very spartan inside and not well suited for more than driver and one passenger. Because of its' small size, I stay away from interstates and fast city traffic. Regardless of safety ratings it is still a small car and will not fare well against an SUV. I mostly commute on less crowded secondary streets in a large city, so the car is well suited for my needs. If your requirements are similar, it is a super car. The one characteristic I'm not thrilled about is the Accents' low clearance. The front has scraped asphalt more than once because of speed bumps and other differences in road surface.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Accent