2005 Hyundai Accent

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Dependable 1st car

by H.S. Senior Car from Franklin, TN | November 24, 2013

Daughter is happy with first car. She is petite so this car fits her physically too. Able to adjust seat etc. to fit her and see well.

Takes a Beating

by Robert from Toronto | June 24, 2013

I've had this car for almost two years now, and I've got to say- It holds up well. This is by no means a preformance car, and any money spent on modifications wouldn't be worth it. However, with its 104hp engine, it's a fun little car to drive. I constantly try to push it to its limits, and it's never failed me once. It's not fast, but it's a great first car.

The perfect first car.

by The Red Shark from Frederick, MD | April 9, 2012

I looooved my little Hyundai Accent. I got her when I was 16, and kept her until just before 21. I was not a responsible adolescent, and let me just say, she treated me so much better than I treated her. That car held strong no matter what and still has a long life to live.

My 2005 accent

by Stac in Pa from Pa | July 9, 2011

I had a 2005 Accent and I loved it. The gas milage was excellent. I hear of transmission issues with others but I was lucky not 1 issue with mine. At 94,000 miles my wheel bearing started to go. The only "repair" bills I had in the 6 years I owned it was brakes and a battery. I keep all oil changes and flushed radiator n transmission when it was recommended. I sold the car today and after a week of trying to sell it at a little over 94,000 miles, EXCELLENT body with no dents or dings,EXCELLENT interior, no stains, no smoke I was only quoted from dealers for $2200.00 to max of $2800.00. I sold it to a private person for $3000.00. It does not hold a good "resale" value. I would recommend it to anyone for short trips NOT long ones as I feel the seats are uncomfortable. Good luck with your accent!

Great Value for $$

by 4G from Florida | December 30, 2009

I bought this car because I needed reliable, economical transportation. I was driving 49 miles each way to work at the time. I put most of the mileage on it in the first year and during 8 months while recovering from a motorcycle accident. I've never regretted it. I wouldn't recommend it for long highway trips, but for commuting, the 28-36 MPG under all conditions and rock steady reliability make it a great choice.

happy with this car

by jim from | December 6, 2009

small, good for cities, easy to park everywhere, low fuel consumption, good acceleration. you do not loose your money!!

great car, but it does have flaws

by hyundai performance tuner from San Diego | February 24, 2008

For being the GT version, I would think that there would be less body roll. But, it is the "worst car" according to most web sites. I did intake, exhaust, 1.5" lowering spring kit, front and rear strut tower braces, drilled and slotted brake rotors, and increased the fuel pressure. After that, the car was a rocket. It handled great. I mean GREAT!

a hot ride

by The dentist from Cairo, Egypt | June 14, 2007

This car, has many advantages to it, exterior looks very elegant, interior is very luxurious, be aware there r many variants, i got the one with chrome door handles, rich upholstrey and fog lights, the full option GLS automatic, the car is comfortable, reliable, a strong performer, look at lancers and corollas, trying to catch up with u, sulking for being unable to even compete with u LOL I even outraced a BMW 316i with this car! fuel economy is wonderful, the audio system sounds great, my only notice about this car is u need to pull the front seats way back to get enough room up front if u r a big guy which leaves little room for the person sitting behind(which is usually kids so no complaint there) :P i love this car, value for money is wonderful, Thank u Hyundai!

Featured Services for this Hyundai Accent