2006 Hyundai Accent

2006 Hyundai Accent
Available in 1 styles:  2006 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan shown

32 city / 35 hwy

Overall

not even good for the money

by Haha hyundai from Mebane, NC | December 14, 2013

Bought this car because of the price and because I assumed it got great gas mileage. The gas mileage is not nearly as good as it claims to be, I assume to the fact that the cars engine lacks any amount of power and has to nearly redline to get anywhere. Everything in the car feels cheap because it is of course. Brake switch malfunctioned within a year. if you are looking to for a nice looking car and this is definitely not the car for you, sometimes I am embarrassed to even be seen in it. A/C has an awful smell when turned on even after replacing the in cabin air filter. I have the hatchback version of this car and have found that while driving a have a huge blind spot and while driving. and putting my seatbelt on requires me to nearly dislocate my shoulder because it Is so far behind the seat. The battery on this car is the biggest problem on this car and has actually caused me to stall out on the road before (cheap connectors to battery nipples) I can say they did a great job of organizing the engine compartment, not very many exposed wires and stuff. I would not recommend this car to anyone simply because you can buy a used car that is much more reliable and more fun to drive than this car. So basically a low mileage used car would be a better choice than this car.

Sticker Gas Mileage

by JER from Las Vegas, NV | October 6, 2012

21 mpg that is what I get. My 92 Dodge Stealth gets better mileage; other than that it's a good car, the manufacturers are slick, they must have tested my car in San Francisco....,all down hill with the engine off!!

Great car in its class

by CGA from Melrose MA | May 15, 2010

Wanted a cheap small predictable car with the optional A/C and got more than expected. It has not given me any problems for the three years I had it except for the stuck stoplights, which did drain the battery. But all it needed was a jump start, and I did not have to replace the battery. I wish my 2006 Subaru had the same reliability record. It is very easy to handle, stops great (wife is convinced it is better than the Subaru), and it has enough room at the back to put a big car seat and get a kid in and out. Visibility is incredible; I feel I see mostly glass everywhere around me (I am 6' tall). The two negatives I can point our are a noice in the fan for the cabin airflow that was there but then was gone by itself and that I can sometimes see the reflection of the top of the dashboard in the windshield, which I don't remember noticing on any other car I have driven.

Would not buy this car again

by worried about her daughter driving this car mom from Mobile, AL | October 3, 2009

Due to the malfunctioning brake light switch that Hyundai finally recalled a few months ago, my daughter was left stranded waiting on a jump for her battery 7 or 8 times. This draining of the battery caused us to have to replace the battery at our own expense since Hyundai was not admitting to any problems with the brake switch. We do still have the car and have had the recall work done and have not had problems since, but no way would I buy another Hyundai product.

An Excellent Car

by racecar from | September 9, 2009

Hyundai Accent is an excellent bargain car well worth its price. Its reliable, smart and has enough features to give you a comfortable drive.

Alright

by Want a new car from | August 27, 2009

Mine is a 2006 with 45000 miles on it and I've had it since it was new. I've gone through two stereo's, (they just stopped working), one seat (kept squeaking and the material wore out after about a year and a half, and I could use a new one again...) Some of the interior pieces were missing under the dash board when i got it, noticed when i was cleaning it. Plus the trunk sensor went out after about a month so it said my trunk was always open. Everything has been fixed under the warranty, but its still a pain to get it fixed. Before this i had a 91 mitsubishi eclipse with 200000 miles on it, and i would say it was in better shape.... If you want a cheap car to move your body, get one. If you want something nice, get something else. Definitely don't buy one with no warranty

best sheap new car ever

by Ameno from | July 19, 2009

you can get brand new car with reliable amount of money.i reach 185 km/h. full tank give me 400km distance.

2006 Hyundai Accent

by Brandon from Hot Springs, Ar | July 15, 2009

I own a 2006 Accent and I have to say that it was the worst investment of my life. Right at the end of the warranty the car starts falling apart. From the sway bar link and bushings to the a/c switch shorting out. If i was you I would never consider buying one. Also the timing belt is almost guaranteed to break at 70000 miles. just 10000 past the end of the warranty. If you own one and your front end is rattling you might want to get it checked.

Problem from the start.

by NeveraHyundai again from Maryland | November 29, 2006

I purchased a "new" 2006 Accent, what a mistake. The passenger door panel keeps peeling and has been replaced twice! The transmission is a 5 speed and has problems shifting into reverse, 1st and 2nd! Two dealers later and the problems still exist. This car has only 4000 miles on it now and I've owned it for 8 mounths. It has never come near the mileage claims, city 22mpg and highway 27 mpg at most with a strong wind behind it! I'm not keeping this car as the warranty will be needed constantly. Now I see why they offer such a great warranty. Also it's supposed to be quite at speed, not at 60 mpg +! The engine is quit loud at these speeds in 5th gear. Sorry but I'll never buy another Hyundai.

Best Entry Level Car Out There

by 505 ACCENT from Albuquerque, NM | October 6, 2006

And I name my title that not in a negative way, as the only thing "entry level" about my Accent was the price. Seriously, it has quite a few features that my 2005 Elantra I traded in didn't have, like the side curtain airbags, EBD, lit vanity mirrors (nice touch, Hyundai!), a better stock stereo, etc. And it was less $, even with the prem/sport package model I got. The engine feels quite willing despite the 1.6l and 110hp, in fact it feels about as fast as a 2001 EX Civic I had, which had 127hp but weighed about 300 lbs more. The tranny is very smooth, the brakes the best of any car I've ever owned (about 10 different cars), and I love the interior design and seats. I also love having 8 cupholders in such a compact car too! One of those things you can never have too many of. My only suggestion is one that probably all Accent owners would agree with: ADD CRUISE CONTROL! Or at least make it available with the Prem/Sport package. Also the suspension has a little too much roll for my tastes, and I know it isn't supposed to be a sports car, although the V rated Kumhos on my sport model somewhat make up for this, they are quite sticky for an OEM tire. Anyway, I love my Accent, and I'll say overall GREAT JOB, HYUNDAI!