2008 Hyundai Accent

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Replacement for Honda Civic

by Small car lover from Reston, VA | February 5, 2014

I started searching for a new car after my Honda Civic was crashed by a fallen tree in a freezing rain. This car, Hyundai Accent, was almost as small and had my preferred manual transmission. It has two advantages over the Honda Civic, namely: (1) the headlights are automatically turned off as soon as the engine is turned off; (2) It has several different intermittent modes of running the windshield wipers. Some disadvantages are (1) inability to open the trunk from the driver's seat; (2) some inconvenience when pressing the clutch pedal; Perhaps, I'll have more to say after having driven it for some time - it's only one month since I bought the car.

Used car but a great little vehicle

by fun car from Council Groves, KS | April 12, 2013

Great car for running around town. Easy and fun to drive. Makes for a wonderful car for our son at school.

It's not a Subaru, but not bad.

by Polarxena from Hinckey, ny | April 16, 2012

This car offered me what I felt I needed most, reliability and good MPG. That said, it's typical of what I call a 'throwaway car', meaning you drive it until the bolts fall off. I can only hope that with reasonable care and attention that day is a long way off. The difference between lifting the hatch on the Accent and lifting the Subaru's is night and day, tells the whole story. The accent is a featherweight.

Great fuel mileage

by Great reliable car from Austin, TX | February 27, 2012

Great city mileage and highway except speed is a issue it will go about 75 MPH but you will loose fuel effeciency

Very reliable

by Joanna from Noblesville, IN | September 27, 2011

Car gets good gas milage, very reliable. It has no frills however, it is a great economical car. The car is small, very easy to park, and manover. The seats go down in the back, which makes it great for hauling things around.

Great commuter car!

by Hobnobs Mausi from Virginia | August 1, 2011

I moved to the US from Europe and my company would only ship one of my cars... I decided to ship my XK8 here and buy a car for commuting. The local Jaguar dealer had a 2008 Hyundai Accent 3 door for sale. I bought it last year and not only does it get better gas mileage than it's rated for (I get 34-35 mpg hwy) it also has been an incredibly reliable car. The car is wonderful and if Hyundai came out with a convertible, I'd consider trading in my Jaguar! I love the car that much!

I love my car!!

by Widge from | July 21, 2010

I've only had the car for 4 mths, but its been great. It's a smooth drive and it's a cute fun car. There isn't much to it, but that doesn't bother me I don't need fancy design just the basics. It has over 40000 miles on it and it drives like a dream! I heard bad things about hyundais, but we have 3 in my family and all have been great! Its great value for your money, I highly recommend this car.

Great Car

by skinny tall guy from Wichita, ks | July 11, 2009

After the initial 500 mile break in period (bought the car with 6 miles on it), my wife and I have been averaging 34.5 mpg around town. We haven't taken it on any road trips yet so we don't know what kind of mileage it will get on the highway. My biggest problem with the car it the way they geared it( 5 speed) The auto gets better mpg on the highway because it is revving lower in fourth gear than the manual does in 5th! It is crazy. I am going to put bigger tires and wheels on it to give it better highway mpgs. Also the back seats don't fold nearly flat enough. But I love the car and it has been awesome to us with no problems yet, plus they Hyundai dealership was super friendly and very helpful.

Best Budget Car out there

by 08AccentGS from Maryland | July 2, 2009

Bought one year old '08 model w/13k miles. Remainder of 60m/60k warranty transfers, 2nd owner loses add'l 100k pwrtrn warranty. Great car. Have the base model w/5spd. 33MPG in commuting, 34.5,35.6MPG in 50/50 town/hwy, 39.7 in mostly hwy. Great features for base level- adj. seat height, tilt wh., built in XM with nice display/controls, MP3 port, 6spkrs. Lighted gl.comp and hatch area, tilt rear seats, tach, left foot rest, armrest. I am 6'1" and have more headroom than my truck. Smooth ride for small car, handling decent. Gauges,controls well laid out and visible. Solid interior. Huge windshield gives great vis. Remaining warranty is better than many new warranties! Dislikes- Steering wheel too thick Balky std. manual shifter- solved by inst. of B&M sport shifter,(highly recommended!) Back is not completely flat when seats folded down. Hard door armrest. Low torque in first gear. -Very satisfied overall.

Nice little gas saver

by Dodgers in 08 from California | August 17, 2008

I bought my Hyundai Accent SE 2 months ago and am very pleased so far, I still have my 2002 Toyota Tundra V8 but it spends most of it's time in the garage. I purchased this car to save gas, I looked and drove the Honda Civic and Toyota Yaris, the Honda was too pricey and the Yaris did not have the options that I wanted, the little Hyundai has everything that i wanted including ABS, keyless entry and a 5 year waranty, you can not go wrong with this car for the price, It drives and handles well, I have the 5 speed, looks good and cheep enough that I could pay cash and not have a payment. If your looking for a good gas saver that's fun to drive then buy this car, just make sure to get the 5 speed for power and fun.