2010 Hyundai Accent

See Photos & Videos

Overall

hey you

by what da from east bumshoe | December 16, 2013

this car is listed as scrapped. stay away from it. no warranty from manufacturer. not the kind of vehicle with low mileage you need unless they sell it for $200 bucks

Great value!

by Big Daddy from Kansas City, MO | October 25, 2013

Surprisingly roomy interior and large trunk; smooth ride at highway speeds; quiet, great gas mileage. Perfect for my daughter to take to college!

Hyundai Accent GS

by Charles from West Palm Beach, FL | August 5, 2013

We just purchased a used 2010 Accent GS for my 18 year old daughter as a replacement for her minivan. LOL. The car is perfect for her, gets great gas mileage and pretty roomy inside for a little economy car. The only negative thing that I have to say about the car is the lack of acceleration. But that is to be expected when you compensate for the gas mileage without going to a hybrid or big money car that gets both great mileage and can accelerate quickly.

Killin it!

by Big Ben from Ft Myers, FL | June 12, 2013

So far, amazing. I would say overall it's the greatest bang for your buck if this is the style of car you're into. Mine is black and it looks slick and drives equally as so. Personal thanks to Tatum in Punta Gorda for helping me through this process and realizing that some of the cars I was interested in weren't the best for me. I appreciate that he was more interested in my well being than a sales.

Friendliest staff!

by ChevyGirl21 from Las Vegas | January 24, 2013

Had a great experience! Friendly staff worked hard to find me the right car at the price I could afford. They will get my business in the future. Special thanks to Chantelle for her persistence and patience!

Very safe car!!

by callalily89 from | August 6, 2012

Okay, this car is very safe! Today I got hit on the right side by a tractor trailer truck! My 6 month old son was in the back. This car is amazing! On the right side the air bags came down which protected us from a lot of the glass(my windows on the right side shattered). My son only had a scratch on his leg and I had no marks on me! The witnesses said the way my car was sliding they thought it would flip! Thankfully, I was going the speed limit and the truck(45 mph). Even still, when I walked on the right side my car was a mess! I couldn't believe it, the rear view mirror was gone, the handle was gone, I couldn't even open the car door it was so messed up! I saw the truck and he had some white paint on the front of the grill and barely a dent. The only thing I walked away with was whiplash and as I said earlier my son had a scratch on his leg. I highly recommend this car, I mean I think for such a small vehicle to take a hit from a tractor trailer truck it's a pretty safe vehicle to me! Anyways, the only negative thing I have to say is the back seats aren't that comfortable. The best thing, besides the safety is the gas mileage on it.

Very reliable

by Sport car feel from Katy, Texas | November 8, 2011

Great on gas mileage, good comfortable seats. Has a sport car feel to it. Would definitely recommend for a day to day car( to and from work in heavy traffic).

Very fun to drive car, just not for everyone...

by Mature Sports Compact Car Driver from | October 3, 2011

The 2010 Hyundai Accent SE is very reliable having owned it for the first full year now. Its very economical too if you are trying to drive around town or cruising through the country. One major down point is that people view you as not having power when you are on the road, either passing you or riding too close to your bumper. The thing is, this car has enough power from its engine to keep up and even out run most things from a take off or even at normal highway speeds. The automatic I drive is mostly limited when it shifts into overdrive at 40 mph and don't pick up steam again until about 46 mph, that's about 2 seconds of slow laggy acceleration. The only other time you will notice a down fall in acceleration is when the car is approaching 70+mph. You can merge on to the interstate somewhat easily, but don't believe you can out run anyone with this car if the speeds are over 50 mph easily. Before I got my SE Automatic, I test drove a manual and the gears aren't that easily to go through, but after a year of driving a manual, I'm sure you could easily and quickly go through them without much of a challenge. The suspension is stiff on the SE, with not much body roll. Turn in is pretty quick though not dangerously quick. The car does have some body lean, but not much in the SE trim. It is enough to know when you turned too fast. And the SE has a ground clearance of about 6.7 inches so, you can in a way think of this car as a small SUV in that you can go over many things like speed bumps without the car bottoming out, and park with those concrete slabs not scratching the bumper... Had issues with this with my previous car. This car though isn't really made for tuners or those that want to customize or trick out their rides too heavily. It is a good reliable ride for those that want an economical car without going hybrid or electric car and yet at the same time, offers those that want to get away from the gas guzzler SUVs a choice that gives them the same amount of cargo room. I'd say this car is more for mature older drivers than for the younger crowd, which is evident in the refined exterior styling that isn't really aggressive looking unlike most cars in this segment try to be. One thing I'd note about this car, the "Eco indicator" light doesn't really help it any. As long as you drive sensibly, this car will get very good mileage. I had the light on and got around 30mpg with keeping the car in the "Eco" light on for acceleration and normal cruising, this made the car feel very laggy and like it lacked power. I turned it off and drove like a normal person would drive a car, and the acceleration felt better and gas mileage improved by a little bit for me to 32 mpg. I do a lot of stop and go city driving. I like the XM Satelite radio it comes with, though I never actually listen to the satelite radio instead opting to us my MP3 player and its USB hookup. This car has a great audio system, although it at times doesn't seem to have a good base thump if you like that type of music. You have to treat the car as if you are using full featured speakers with its 6 speakers and turn up the base and turn down the tremble and then turn the volume up a bit louder than I would like personally. This gives a good base to your music that would otherwise sound kind of flat. The sunroof was the main reason I chose the SE other than I like to drive for fun and the SE with the sunroof and windows lowered offers a very good experience driving on the back roads in the country. The only thing is the automatic lacks the ability to sport shift it, so if you want true fun to drive you would want to get the manual. Other than this, the car is a very good, fun to drive car...

Perfect Commuter Car

by Car Owner from | September 18, 2011

Excellent fuel economy:cost of ownership ratio. Average MPG is 36 overall. Auotomatic transmission is nice when sitting in traffic. Not great comfort for very tall people. Otherwise well appointed interior. Best new car value in North America.

Very impressive!

by Espi from Indianapolis, IN | August 30, 2011

After having my old car for 13 reliable years, I knew that I would have to eventually buy a new car. I did my research and decided on my 2010 Hyundai Accent and I must say I am very impressed and happy with the car. I've only had it for a month and so far so good....no problems at all. The only thing that I noticed is the noise it makes when I turn on the A/C. It's a suttle noise but nothing that I'm put off by. It's incredibly roomy for a compact car and it looks great inside and out. I hope my Hyundai lasts as long as my old car, but for now, I give it a big thumbs up!