Available in base GL, GS and sporty SE two-door hatchbacks or a GLS four-door sedan, the Accent competes with economy cars like the Chevrolet Aveo, Nissan Versa and Toyota Yaris. This subcompact car comes standard with six airbags and a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine. All models include a 10-year, 100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
New for 2011
The base Accent hatchback is now designated GL instead of Blue, and the base price on the SE has been trimmed by $800 by deleting a power sunroof from the standard equipment.
The Accent GL has black side mirrors and door handles; those parts are body-colored on other trims.
Exterior features include:
- Available power mirrors
- 14- or 16-inch wheels
- Standard rear window defroster
- Available rear window wiper
- Optional ground-effects kit and alloy fuel door
- Available fog lights
All automatic Accents have an "Eco indicator" that tells drivers when they are being very fuel efficient (green), moderately efficient (yellow) and less efficient (red). Manual models have a shift indicator that tells drivers the best time to shift gears for improved fuel economy. Up to five occupants can fit inside the Accent. Air conditioning is standard on all but the GL trim, where it's optional. Every door panel contains a bottleholder and storage pockets. Power windows, power door locks with keyless entry and power mirrors are optional on the GS and SE hatchbacks and GLS sedan.
Interior features include:
- Available tilt steering wheel and six-way driver's seat with adjustable armrest
- 60/40-split folding rear seat
- Standard audio system with CD player, iPod, USB and MP3 jacks (except GL)
- Available cruise control
Under the Hood
For 2010, all Accents received lower-friction engine components, low-rolling-resistance tires and other tweaks to improve mileage. The engines and transmissions are unchanged for 2011.
Mechanical features include:
- 110-horsepower, 1.6-liter four-cylinder with 106 pounds-feet of torque
- Continuously variable valve timing
- Five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission
- SE models with manual transmission have B&M Racing sport shifter
Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes are optional, except for the GL trim.
Standard features for all models include:
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Roof-mounted side curtain airbags for both rows of seats
- Front seat belt pretensioners
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Hyundai Accent.