2012 Hyundai Accent

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car

by Greg from Tampa, Fl. | March 14, 2014

I bought the 2012 Hyundai Accent with 34,000 .miles on it , have drove it approx. 1,000 miles so far. Gas mileage is always around 36 mpg highway and city combined, the car is surprisingly quick for a 1.6 liter with a 6 speed automatic transmission. The car is fully loaded with the premium package. Interior is comfortable and well designed, the exterior is an excellent designed, looks much larger than it is. The 16 inch wheels and tire make the car handle excellent, stereo is great. For a small gas saver this car is great, best bang for the buck.

2nd Accent - 1st New One

by Accent Owner from Maryland | February 9, 2014

We've been very pleased with our 2008 Hyundai Accent. My husband puts about 100 miles a day on it, and it has held up very well since we acquired it in 2009. So when we decided to get another car, we decided on another Accent. It's definitely a compact car (my 6' 3" father doesn't fit comfortably in it if there are 4 people), but otherwise, it's actually quite roomy inside. Very attractive. Turns on a dime. Just another good, solid car.

Portly people look elsewhere

by Martinex from Frederick | September 20, 2013

I've driven small cars most of my life. This despite the fact that I'm not a small man but the recent spate of compacts and subcompacts have left me feeling gigantic. The Hyundai accent is no exception. It's a nice looking automobile, sort of a shrunken version of the Elantra. It also comes nicely equipped with Satellite Radio and ipod interface. My problems began as soon as I sat in the vehicle. I'm 5'10" (average height) but I'm also a bit wide if you will. The first thing I noticed was my head scraping the roof. This was solved by lowering the seat to the lowest possible setting. The accents lack of a center console (really how expensive can it be to put a box between the seats) was a real drawback. The little flip down arm rest is too close making it virtually worthless. I also wasn't crazy about the floaty handling. Lot's of body lean on turns. The suspension was just too soft. I'm not going to complain about performance. After all, it is a subcompact. The gas mileage was better than expected. Once you resign yourself to the fact that you're never going to win any stoplight confrontations you begin to ease up on the gas pedal. The accent rewards you with pretty decent fuel economy. Don't get me wrong: It's not a bad little car but the uncomfortable driving position makes me think that there may be better choices.

Great Buy

by Jack from Madison, Wisconsin | September 17, 2013

I didn't know about cars.com. A relative recommended it to me, and even found the car. The ride is smooth, though it's a little unsteady in lane changes. It may just be that I'm getting used to it. The radio has Sirius XM until it expires. The sound is great, but I get a little tired of programmed listening. I prefer an actual radio show with a DJ, even with commercials, which I can tune out. Everyone I've talked to loves Hyundai.

Lots of bugs

by Brad from Fort Collins CO | May 20, 2013

On going issue with check engine lights and valve stem tire pressure monitoring makes it a pain. Plus occasional window not wanting to roll up. Dealer solution is to reset the computer. O that is very comforting . I am glad it has a 5 year warranty but I will have rid myself of it long before then. Plus the front end is so low most of the under engine protection is damaged just from speed bumps and street drain pans.

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

by BIG BAD BEN from OHIOP | May 4, 2013

WHAT A CAR FOR THE MONEY EXCELLANT GAS MILEAGE AND PLENTY OF POWER VERY STYLISH THIS IS MY THIRD HYUNDAI NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY

Terrible

by TeaganJune from South Australia | April 9, 2013

I have had my 2012 Hyundai Accent for 6 months now and it has already gone in for an engine rebuild, well it needed a short motor and new drive shaft, but they pretty much replaced the whole front end. Not only that, but it now has an oil leak, which i took it back to hyundai who said nothing wrong with it and it's normal. My partner works with cars and he had a look a week later and noticed it still dripping oil! took it back to hyundai only to be told it is a problem with the head gasket! In a brand new car these things should not happen!! not happy at all!

You should know this before purchas:No spare tire

by James from | January 28, 2013

One thing surprised me was that there is no spare tire in hyundai accent 2013 GLS A/T. This feature is not being mentioned in the window sticker, any expert reviews and by the sale persons. Probably less than 1% custermer know this before they purchased this car. It is not fair not to let customer know this because most of them assumed that there is alway a spre tire in the trunck.!

Very Disappointed

by keddar from Dartmouth Nova Scotia | November 27, 2012

Purchased my 2012 Accent hatchback in May and have had nothing but problems. Gas mileage is about half of what Hyundai rated it for. I have had it back once for a minor electrical problem and had to call RoadSide Assistance for a major problem. As of today the odometer has gone crazy. Today I drove 6 km while the car was running, sitting in my driveway and the 2 km drive to my local grocery store was clocked at 12 km. This will be my first and last Hyundai product.

most buyer's regret I have experienced

by low budget sporty cars from hudson ma | September 23, 2012

The car looks great inside and out. I find it very uncomfortable on long drives. I own the hatchback model and as another poster poster stated the rear window view is TINY. It cones with a rear window wiper standard. The reason it comes standard is that when it rains or has condensation you cannot see whats behind you. I call it a design flaw. As far as the 40 mpg claim, yes you can.if you live in a place where every direction is downhill. The 6 gear transmission likes to stay in the highest gear possible to attain the MPG . So when you have to step on the gas as in merging onto highway traffic the tachometer will go from 2000 to almost redline. I can go on bur ran out of allowable space in a split second.