2007 Hyundai Azera

19–21 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Smart choice

by PM from Connecticut | April 30, 2013

I've owned my 2007 Azera Limited for over a year and feel I can give an accurate review. This car is a really practical midsize sedan. Comfort, power, reliability, and amenities all make this first gen Azera one of the best used cars for the money. I will give you what I believe to be the most noticeable pros and cons for this car. Pros: Drive-train - Good fuel economy for the size engine with plenty of power to boot. The transmission shifts smooth and efficiently in the low gears. Room - plenty of interior and trunk space. Ride - This car was made to be driven on the highway; if you have long interstate commutes, this car is perfect for that. Plus it's super quiet. Features - Leather, sunroof, telescoping wheel, to name a few. Cons: Interior materials - abundance of cheap plastics. Transmission - Shifts good but this car/engine could use one more gear. 5 gears is limiting the car from even better mpg potential and the overall behavior of the tranny. Seat bottoms - too short; seems to be a problem with a lot of cars nowadays, but with a car this big, Hyundai could've added another 2"...would've made a world of a difference. Suspension - as noted great on highways, disaster on windy back roads and uneven pavement. I would equate the suspension to a 90s Buick. If you do a lot of city driving, I would look elsewhere. This car is a good entry level quasi-luxury car. To me the main thing that separates it from a Lexus GS/ES or Acura TL is the suspension. I wish they firmed up the suspension just a bit for a more sporty feel. It took me about 8 months to accept the suspension for what it was set up for - highway cruising. All in all I have been relatively satisfied with this car and I plan to keep if for a few more years. Best wishes!

Second Post

by Love my AZ from Harrisburg, PA | January 15, 2013

This is the second post. I initially posted Love my AZ, December 7, 2009 so I know have a lot of time with my car and can give my opinion over the time period. My current mileage is around 75000. As far as things needing fixed. Repairs: *Sun Roof needed replaced due to malfunction. Fix under warranty but the dealer kept the car over a week to get parts in. *New breaks which was expected at around 65000miles * The cracked dash that so many have talked about having with this car on the passenger side where the air bag is. Out of warranty to get it fix so it's still there. Not really worried about it now and can't really notice unless your looking for it. *4 New all season tires, that works great. * New battery at 70000 miles. That's it for repairs which most were routine. Car has been very reliable and comfortable on long trips. The ride can be harsh sometimes over bumps or pot holes so I try to avoid them as much as I can. I do run full synthetic oil when I get oil changes. I also spread out how often I change my oil to about 7000 miles which off sets the additional price of the oil. I got the XM satellite radio turned on which I love. Should have done it sooner. All in all still love the car very much and plan to keep it for a long time. It definitely feels like a premium car even thought it's a Hyundai.

Hyundai can be trusted

by sj from Exton PA | August 7, 2011

I have proudly owned a 2007 Azera and couldn't be happier with the car. Comfort, interior styling and performance are superior compared to comparable cars in this class. Pesky issues have been there from the get go however, e.g., a nice feature in an automatic collapsible rear sunscreen -stopped working at 30k; a plastic drive shaft cover fell off at 40k; always makes a clacking noise upon initial cold start-up.

Azera is Excellent

by Always Driving from Charlotte, NC | January 29, 2011

I rent 1 or 2 cars every week. I have driven most cars that retail between $20K and $50K. The Azera is the best value for the money. It has a big enough engine to get out of trouble. Its gas mileage is descent. And it is very comfortable.

A real gem

by Rass from Nashville, TN | December 8, 2010

I researched used cars and found the Azera best in it's class for 2007 and surprisingly in my price range. People I encounter think I bought a Mercedes. The interior is spacious and quiet. It handles like a sports car and has adequate power. Mileage is 25-26 on the highway and 20-22 in town. Not many used one's to be found. Azera owners are trading up for the Genesis...leaving great used cars to be had. Hyundai is making a great car in this one.

really like

by guy from Chicago, IL | August 5, 2010

all around good car. Bought used off a 1 year rental car lease with 9,600 miles. have put 40,000 of my own and the only issue i've had is a fog light bulb replacement. Not bad. comfort is good, performance is good, very peppy with the 3.8 L 263 horse. really glad i bought this car.

good car

by toto from | May 11, 2010

A great car the only proplem with it is that the drivers seat doesn't go back far enough for more room.

worst car i owned

by setup from fl | April 30, 2010

poorly made cheap workman ship,had nothing but problems right from the start will never buy a car like this again

Love my AZ

by My AZ from Harrisburg, PA | December 7, 2009

Purchased my 07 AZERA used this year. I was looking for one with low miles that was priced right. Have to say, I love the car. Finally found one to my delight. People when they see me think it's a Lexus which I proudly correct them. It rides and looks like a much more expensive car and the interior is plush. If your looking for an inexpensive car that has luxury everything, the AZERA may be your car. Hyundai great job on this one!

Surprised How Nice! Thoroughly Enjoying!

by car enthusiast and previous 1988 Hyundai owner from Cincinnati, OH | January 5, 2009

Owned car for about 5 months and have been thoroughly enjoying it! Owned a previous 1988 Hyundai and didn't think I'd ever own a Hyundai again. Went to a dealer to get a different car and ended up buying Hyundai after the test-drive and a fair amount of research. Don't just "think about it", try it! PROs - love the smooth, quiet engine; good power and acceleration; sometimes have to check the Tach to make sure car is on - transmission feels seamless; shiftronic is fun - beautiful, luxury interior; leather and faux-wood interior well-done; never thought I'd be driving such a luxurious car for the price - roomy interior; plenty of room for car seat and kids as well as full-size adults. - great sound system; love the steering wheel controls; perfectly located - very good standard safety features - love the auto headlights - ample trunk space - like lights in front footwells and on door bottom - good headroom - 17" alloy wheels are sharp - brakes are very good; good stopping power w/ right amount of power-assist; not too sensitive, not too hard - price was right; lots of typical luxury features that I didn't have to pay extra for - love the heated, leather seats - storage compartments/nooks are useful and represent some thought - driver sits a little bit higher than most other cars; both of us are relatively short so we like it - cruise control works great; no drift - mileage has been good for this size car; ~18mpg/city, 27-29mpg/hgwy - service at dealership has been quite good thus far - looks sharp and sophisticated, but not loud; have received many compliments CONs - suspension is a bit undisciplined; would probably prefer firmer feel, although I do like the luxury ride and wife fully approves - center console sqeaks when you lean on it - horn is embarrassingly whimpy sounding; kids/wife laugh anytime I use it (very rarely); horn upgrade needs to be commensurate with the stature of the car - rear-defroster could work a little more quickly - transmission is a little slow kicking into drive from reverse - front cup holders leave doubt as to whether they'll work, although I haven't had problem yet - water can drip into trunk when opening after rain

Featured Services for this Hyundai Azera