2008 Hyundai Azera

17–18 city / 26 hwy

Overall

A Rocketship hidden in a Hyundai

by skyken from Palm Beach, FL | October 17, 2013

I have owned hundreds of cars in my 50 years of driving. I am a retire airline captain and know about performance and how a car should behave. I bought a Hyundai about 4.5 years ago and have since bought two more. You really get a lot for the price. The 3.8L engine gives great performance and is also good on gas which is surprising in a large sedan. Although the Azera is a front wheel drive vehicle, it doesn't torque to the right light other front wheel drive vehicles when you floor it. The worst that happens is that you get a tire chatter which doesn't happen if it is a rolling start. The car is spacious and is loaded with luxury features, handles well for a front wheel drive automobile. Hyundai has been a real player in the high end market , first with the Azera, then the Genesis (2009) North American Car of the Year award and now the Equus. Their styling, features and performance just keeps getting better and better. Take one for a test drive. You will be hooked as I was.

So many problems.....

by JohnBS from San Antonio TX | January 30, 2013

I've driven this car across the country twice and I'm still happy with the performance and driveability. BUT the auto seems to be falling apart. Here is a list of the problems with this auto: While still under warranty, the dash cracked around the airbag. Shimmy in the steering wheel at 65 to 70 mph since new and never been able to fix. Guess what speed I usually drive? The sunroof track broke to bits, not under warranty. The automatic trunk release quit working, the key entry is very difficult to find and use, not under warranty. The power rear-view mirrors no longer work and now slowly fold to the rear, not under warranty. The faux wood finish on the steering wheel is brittle and is flaking off. All in all this auto has more problems than my 2002 Dodge work truck with 225,000 miles.

best I've ever owned

by regular guy from mrytle beach,sc | December 2, 2012

this is my second azera the first being a 2007 I can honestly say these cars cars are a great vehicle not only do they get terrific gas milage but they are very dependable, my first has over 100,000 miles with no problems my second has had a switch replaced with 31,000 miles

More car for the money...

by Pokyman from Bklyn, NY | September 2, 2012

Excellent automobile and a great deal for the money.Has the power and luxury to roll with anyone including Mercedes and Luxus. Nothing to be ashamed about. I just don't see enough on the road. Where are they? MPG not so great.

Carfax information

by dr sales from Ohio | January 9, 2012

I greatly appreciated having the carfax information when selecting my car. The car was a wonderful purchase and I was a very informed consumer.

wonderful Car

by Prissy from Pittsburgh | November 29, 2011

My husband always wanted to own a hundia then my car brock down and I needed a car are a friend told him about the azera we took it for a test ride and loved it

First Hyundai

by Impressed from Kansas | January 12, 2011

My wife and I bought the 2008 limited used from a dealer as a certified car with 18,000 miles on it. wasn't sure until making several test drives in multiple cars. It won us over and now has about 33,000 miles. Not a hiccup. It is loaded with great features. The fuel mileage on trips is about 26 mpg, mixed driving about 24mpg. It has plenty of power. at first I didn't like the level of road noise but over time found out the original Michelin tires are a cheap version. They became nosier until I replaced at 30,000. Dealer mech noted they wouldn't last long. Now has Bridgestone Turanzas and is finally a quiet nice machine. So far no reason not to like it.

Great Car

by Big Mack from Palm Desert, CA. | March 1, 2010

This is our second Hyundai. My wife and I have owned Cadillac's, a Mercedez, and high end SUV's but she still likes driving our Hyundai the best. We both feel that you get great "bang for the buck".

Hard to review

by Shagnat from SE USA | February 25, 2010

This car has many attributes. On the other side it has almost as many down-sides. I think it is a great looking car. I really like the exterior styling and the interior styling is just a shade behind IMO. The ride of this car is an enigma. My Azera, and a few others, think it rides very harsh. However, most others think it rides like a 2 decade old GM land-yacht without much control and floats along the highway. So, opinons vary widely, or perhaps it's a lack of QC within Hyundai. Performance is great, gas mileage is much better on my car than most others, go figure, another enigma.

Great car, but uncomfortable seats

by Reasonably Satisfied from SE USA | December 13, 2009

I really like this car, especially as a buyer on the used car side. Hyundais have not caught on just yet regarding value for the dollar and dependability and reliability like the Toyota et al have. I choose to buy a low-mileage used vehicle and very glad I went that direction. The used car is a steal IF you can live with the very uncomfortable seats. I could hardly wait to get home from a measly 90 mile trip in order to stretch my legs and relieve my back from the pain I was getting during the drive. I also own a Toyota Highlander and let me tell you, Hyundai isn't there yet. The 7 y/o Highlander w/55K miles is much smoother, quieter, and way more comfortable than the Azera. The Azera will be great for around town jaunts to haul kids, go to dinner, movie, shopping, etc. but for the long hauls it'll be the Highlander that hauls me and my gear. There is a tremendous amount of amenities that come with this car at an unheard of price (used). I have no regrets with the Azera, just wish it had more comfortable seats.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Azera