2009 Hyundai Azera

17–18 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Hyundai Azera

by Azera fan from NYC Metro | September 1, 2012

This is a great car. It has extremely good pick up. There are a lot of interior comfort features. I like that in addition to the normal MPG electronic readings - it tells average miles per hour. Since I live in stop-and-go New Jersey, I almost never get up to 20 mph. While I never get as good as the advertised mpg, it does quite good in light of the power of the engine.

A New Car in my Life

by Jazzman from Boca Raton, FL | October 10, 2011

Since I purchased the car four months ago I have been very satisfied with the economy of the car, ride and performance. As a person who only owned Maximas I am pleased with the purchase of this car and if it continues to perform as it has so far, I may never go back.

Rolled the dice and came up a winner

by Carter from union, nj | September 17, 2011

Surprise, surprise! Who would have thought that a Hyundai of all cars would win my heart and affection. I went with the Azera b/c it was smaller than the Genesis which had a few too many gadgets I did not want or need and included a big jump in price which I had a hard time justifying. The Sonata had a noticable size difference inside and was far too common on the road to be appreciated. If you don't want to spend the extra 5-7K then the Sonata will do, but the extra head,leg and elbow room for a fat man like me is well worth the money. My beef with the car is that it did have a few "glitches" after a few months from the show room that were covered under the warranty. They were simple fixes, but also not something I would expect from a new car. Regardless, I really do love the Azera and would buy it again without any questions asked or upgrades requested. Plenty of room, great engine performance, plenty of gadgets to make me happy, outstanding room in the backseat, and a few little things that make me happy like the cargo net and mud protector in the trunk. I am still getting used to the rear end look of the car and will probably never like it, but that is not my problem. Surprise, surprise, I love this car!!!

Most Luxurious and Powerful Car I've Ever Owned.

by NASA Safety Engineer from Kennedy Space Center, FL | March 23, 2010

I am so pleased with the Hyundai Azera that I hardly know where to start! I've previously owned Lexus, Infiniti and all kinds of compact vehicles (Nissan, Toyoyta, Ford, etc) and nothing compares to this car. "A Mercedes at a compact car price."

Poor gas milage, no other problems

by Poppy J from Deerfield Beach, FL | August 27, 2009

Great car, loaded with features.Great Warranty. Except very poor gas millage 13.5 -14.5 mpg in the city, where I do most of my driving. I got 27 mpg on highway.No complaint about that. I now have 4,000 miles and have it documented with my dealer about the poor gas mileage He says wait till 5,000 miles before contacting Hyundai

Surpising vehicle

by GI Joeman from Virgina | August 25, 2009

Have had my Azera for 14 months and have put 27,000 miles on it. (Mostly highway) the vehicle gets great gas mileage and incredible pickup. I have no problems getting onto a highway or passing other vehicles. The interior is good but the front seats need to go back further. The radio controls are ok but I would have put wood behind the radio controls vs grey plastic, but the sound system is excellent. Styling is ok but from the side the car looks like most imports. I would use a better quality of leather as well but for the price it is unmatched by the others.

Didn't go wrong with this one.

by John from Plano TX | August 2, 2009

I jokingly told people that this is a poor man's Lincoln. Actually, I think this car is comparable to a Lincoln without the downside. Very comfortable, reliable car for around the town driving as well as serious roadtrips. I've put 10K miles on it in the last 9 months. 3K of which was a trip to Santa Fe and back. I like the quiet ride and feel very safe with the additional airbags... especially when I have my small grandaughter. It will drink gas if you let it, but with my keeping a light foot, I get 24 mpg around town and 30 mpg on the Hwy. The only thing is that it has an ashtray (which is my mistake when selecting the car). Bottom Line: The Azera GLS is a remarkable value. Paying extra for the Limited just didn't make sense for me.

Azera Limited my 15th Hyundai

by Cachaco from Playa del Rey, California | July 13, 2009

Have owned Hyundai's since 1987. my first was an Excel, Sonata, XG300, XG350L and now the AZERA. All I can say is that every car has been more satisfying to me and always reliable. Crash worthiness awesome, was in an accident where I totaled 5 cars and hit a light post and walked out unscathed. Now to my new Azera. its delicious simply understated Elegance with BRUTE Force. This car has enough power to blow away many other Euros & Asian competitors. It's just a dream. rides great, handles effortlessly and it's spunky and has plenty of get go whether from a standing start or passing on the highway. Bottom line: UNDERSTATED ELEGANCE, BRUTE FORCE, LUXURIOUS THROUGHOUT & RELIABLE TOO. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FROM A CAR! YOU CAN'T GO WRONG BUYING & OWNING ANY OF THESE CAR!

Luxury & Performance--Reasonable Price

by Toolmanjak from Phoenix, AZ | April 25, 2009

Bought a loaded Azera Limited after having driven Lexus LS, Genesis V-6 and Camry. Azera was the best value hands down--Genesis not worth the $9K premium. Terrific performance, sound system & interior--cavernous trunk. Best warranty, better than EPA mileage (26 MPG avg). Negatives: Looks a bit like everything else and front seats could extend a bit more for American length legs.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Azera